Any rule changes expected for the Fall season?

Slight sidebar on being able to pull a kid off for some instruction.
Many teams hold their training's throughout the week on very small fields. Splitting a full sized field about 8 ways is not unheard of.. Small sided games are great, but not quite the same as playing 11v11 on a 110x80 field. If you have a player trying a new position or you want to reinforce how something you did on your postage stamp field during practice should look on a full field - A quick sub can help.

I hope SCDSL changes their sub rules for 05 and older. (05 plays 35 minute half’s. 04 and 03 play 40 minutes. Older is full 45)
Currently- if you come off in the 1st half, you can’t re-enter until the 2nd half.
In the 2nd half- if you sub off- you can come back on once.

I understand that soccer is a game (at the pro level) that requires a player to learn how to pace themselves for 90+ minutes.

12 year olds playing in SCDSL are not the same as 25 year olds playing in the EPL (or even MLS).

If a kid is coming off of an injury- it’s nice to ease them back in with frequent subs to check on how they are doing.

If a team has a short roster and it’s hot out- it’s nice to rotate with 1 or 2 subs to keep kids from wearing out.

If your team has made their subs in the 1st half, but a player gets hurt- you can’t sub on a player who has already come off during that half.

If the league is “developmental”- why does this rule exist?

Coast Soccer Lesgue has no restrictions on substitutions- only that “excessive substitutions resulting in confusion or delay of the game are to be discouraged by the referee”.

Any rules you’d like to see changed?

I'd vote for "no offsides"....then we'd see non-stop scoring! :eek:

Back