Any recommendations on summer camps?

JJ_Soccer

BRONZE
Has anyone attended the UCLA Soccer Junior Elite Camp? Considering to sign up my DD but wanted to get feedback in case anyone has attended prior year(s)....

Also, appreciate any other suggestions on soccer camps!

Thanks!

Has anyone attended the UCLA Soccer Junior Elite Camp? Considering to sign up my DD but wanted to get feedback in case anyone has attended prior year(s)....

Thanks!

My DD attended the last 3 years (ages 9, 10, 11). She enjoyed the camp, especially the UCLA players who coached the groups. It was a great experience to stay in the dorms, be on her own, meet new people, and have 3 sessions on the field daily. The skill set at the camp varies greatly (rec to strong competitive players) so it is a bit hit-or-miss on who is in your DD's training group. There are less expensive camps out there & if your DD can attend a camp with several of her teammates the soccer experience will likely be better, but neither my DD or I have any regrets about her attending the UCLA Soccer Junior Elite Camp. (a CSU Fullerton camp last year with my DD's competitive team was a much better soccer training experience for her because everyone else was at the same level -- that camp was a lower cost with lesser facilities compared to UCLA)

Thanks!

I know people on here have tried talking it down mostly cause I think their expecting something other than what it is simply just because the name associated with it but my 06' daughter has been too and absolutely loves the Cal South ODP Residential camp. She's been to the UCLA and others and hands down would prefer the ODP camp. Was worth every penny for us.

It all depends what you want your kid wants out of camp. My daughter always attended two camps per summer. One was to get some serious skills and conditioning training and the other was to get some training but also have fun. The only camp she went to every year was Premier Soccer Camp by the Sea in Carlsbad held at the Army-Navy Academy. This was the fun camp since they would have beach time mixed in with the soccer training. I think the camp has changed its name to Ultimate Soccer Camps and now trains out of San Diego State U and Santa Cruz U., so I am not sure what the camp is like now.

She did attend the UCLA camp when she was 13 or 14 and did not like it due to the very large number of players attending. She did like the ODP residential camp in Ojai, but didn't like the ODP day camp held in San Diego (she said it was too easy).

Back