Any feedback on SW NPL

Curious

BRONZE
I was just wondering what sort of experience teams have had with SW NPL?

I see that registration is now open for the 2021/2022 season so I just want to say that we found this spring 2021 season very disappointing.

I see that registration is now open for the 2021/2022 season so I just want to say that we found this spring 2021 season very disappointing.
Every league had some "issues" this Spring. (Not defending NPL here- just making a general statement)

The big problem across the board (referring to 06 and older teams) was that HS soccer, club league (Coast, SCDSL, NPL, ECNL, DPL, etc, etc) and showcase events was just too damn much. Couple that with players who also run track or play lacrosse and a big roster gets pretty small, pretty fast.

I don’t want to get into specifics as my view of the league is limited to that of a parent, so obviously I wasn’t privy to communications between the league and clubs/teams. Our main frustration was the lack of organization and our coaches were frustrated by the lack of communication with the league. I simply wanted to share our disappointing experience in hopes that it will this will encourage interested teams to ask questions before they commit.

I don’t want to get into specifics as my view of the league is limited to that of a parent, so obviously I wasn’t privy to communications between the league and clubs/teams. Our main frustration was the lack of organization and our coaches were frustrated by the lack of communication with the league. I simply wanted to share our disappointing experience in hopes that it will this will encourage interested teams to ask questions before they commit.
This was true across the board but most of this is reflective of how quickly things changed due to the pandemic. It may also have been communicated to your DOC, coach and manager but not directly to you as a parent. The communication breakdown could be elsewhere. Like timbuck, I'm not defending the particular league, but my children were playing other leagues, including ECNL, and it was the same thing. Lots of last minute changes had to occur due to HS, prior/other tourney, other sports participation, limited fields and slow communication not directly from ECNL but through DOC/coach/or team manager. The slow communication was because there were so many changes occurring, the DOC/coach/or team manager didn't want to release the information right away and confuse everyone with new changes a day later.

This was true of SCDSL as well, so don't hang this entirely on NPL. Venue switches, time conflicts every single week, this spring was basically a dozen glorified scrimmages.

Speaking as a parent, our experience with NPL West has been the same; lots of last minute changes and gives the impression that they are not well organized. But based on what I'm hearing from our coach and team manager, they are frustrated with the lack of communication from the league.

Back