An amazing case for reducing gun ownership in America

You're right; it must have been over time. When they elected W twice, they were joined by normal people. But their ranks grew and grew, so by the time Trump came around, there were enough of them, including local dumbshit Congresspeople, to really move the idiot ball forward and get the whole Trump thing done.
For those keeping score, I grew up in So Cal in the 70's and had many days when it became painful to breathe after a day of running around. Over the huge objections of the carmakers, CA stood alone in requiring catalytic converters and saved our air. Trump now says we can't do that anymore.
Also this week, although Mueller couldn't prove that Russia's assistance of Trump was helped by T's own people, we now have the possibility that Trump asked Ukraine for assistance. Let's see the transcript!
Not so sure Biden wants this to go very far.

You're right; it must have been over time. When they elected W twice, they were joined by normal people. But their ranks grew and grew, so by the time Trump came around, there were enough of them, including local dumbshit Congresspeople, to really move the idiot ball forward and get the whole Trump thing done.
For those keeping score, I grew up in So Cal in the 70's and had many days when it became painful to breathe after a day of running around. Over the huge objections of the carmakers, CA stood alone in requiring catalytic converters and saved our air. Trump now says we can't do that anymore.
Also this week, although Mueller couldn't prove that Russia's assistance of Trump was helped by T's own people, we now have the possibility that Trump asked Ukraine for assistance. Let's see the transcript!
How much cleaner would the air be if there weren’t 10 million illegals in Ca?

Nutterism.

The "more fuel" that is burning in the catalytic converter
would have otherwise passed out the tailpipe unburned.

Do you have an alternative technology to propose?

The only reason " unused " fuel would be present in a
Catalytic Convertor is due to poor fuel management....
Go get YOUR import truck maintained properly Spola....

And speaking of " unused " fuel...
Would it be a ..
Solid, a Liquid, a Particulate, a Vapor ...?

What are the long term consequences of running
" unused " fuel thru Catalytic Convertors....?

As for an " Alternative " technology.....
How about this....

110px-Formic_acid.svg.png
Vehicle....

or

This....

220px-Proton_Exchange_Fuel_Cell_Diagram.svg.png
Vehicle....

The "more fuel" that is burning in the catalytic converter would have otherwise passed out the tailpipe unburned.

, catalytic converters indirectly reduce fuel consumption. For catalytic converters to work properly they require (as in MUST have) a precise balance of fuel and air called a Stoichiometric ratio. (Green line below) In a gasoline this means 14.7:1 by mass. (Air mass: Fuel mass). This is the ratio that yields the best (lowest) emissions result.

The best fuel economy ratio is about 16.1/16.2:1, a “lean” mixture that would take you much farther on a gallon of gas. (Purple line below)

Unfortunately Oxides of Nitrogen “NOx”, which enjoy a fairly low value with a properly fed catalytic converter, triple when the engine is tuned for maximum economy.

If one simply removes the catalytic converter, fuel economy won’t change much but if the engine management system is reset without regard to the converter’s needs, then you would get much better fuel economy.

main-qimg-fb10713fd8ca2a3825e5dc1448772826-c

, catalytic converters indirectly reduce fuel consumption. For catalytic converters to work properly they require (as in MUST have) a precise balance of fuel and air called a Stoichiometric ratio. (Green line below) In a gasoline this means 14.7:1 by mass. (Air mass: Fuel mass). This is the ratio that yields the best (lowest) emissions result.

The best fuel economy ratio is about 16.1/16.2:1, a “lean” mixture that would take you much farther on a gallon of gas. (Purple line below)

Unfortunately Oxides of Nitrogen “NOx”, which enjoy a fairly low value with a properly fed catalytic converter, triple when the engine is tuned for maximum economy.

If one simply removes the catalytic converter, fuel economy won’t change much but if the engine management system is reset without regard to the converter’s needs, then you would get much better fuel economy.

main-qimg-fb10713fd8ca2a3825e5dc1448772826-c

"Unfortunately Oxides of Nitrogen “NOx”, which enjoy a fairly low value with a properly fed catalytic converter, triple when the engine is tuned for maximum economy."

I thought its main purpose was to burn the unburnt fuel that was problematic with a carburated system.
Since it decreases fuel efficiency, how effective is it with today's computer controlled, fuel injection systems?
When you add the extra fuel burned, against the amount of smog elimination from a modern system, what is the bottom line?
I don’t know but the massive air quality difference from that and other regulations speaks for itself and is not debatable.
There was always substantial opposition from entrenched corporate interests.
Trump wants to end our state’s ability to mandate such regulations.
Now, he has all of his idiots on the side of the entrenched corporate interests.
It’s fascinating.

QUOTE="messy, post: 289307, member: 3299"

You're right; it must have been over time.
When they elected W twice, they were joined by normal people.
But their ranks grew and grew, so by the time Trump came around,
there were enough of them, including local dumbshit Congresspeople,
to really move the idiot ball forward and get the whole Trump thing done.
For those keeping score, I grew up in So Cal in the 70's and had many days
when it became painful to breathe after a day of running around.
Over the huge objections of the carmakers, CA stood alone in requiring
catalytic converters and saved our air.
Trump now says we can't do that anymore.
Also this week, although Mueller couldn't prove that Russia's assistance
of Trump was helped by T's own people, we now have the possibility that
Trump asked Ukraine for assistance.

Let's see the transcript!
If you did your " Do Diligence " you would not
be making that request....

/QUOTE

Here...

without even posting a link so YOU will be forced to verify.
Joe Biden and his son are in Deep Trouble, and he knows it.
The financial shenanigans that were played in the Ukraine
during the run up to the 2016 election are ALL on HRC's and
Joe Biden's plates ....
You know it, because it's out there in the News. CNN, MSNBC
ABC, CBS and the other MSM " Pravda " News organizations
are twisting themselves into pretzels to cover for the TRUTH
that will further expose the deep corruption involved with
the previous administration.... One word describes Joe Biden
at this point " Toast ".....and he knows it...!
This whole Evil Criminally Corrupt operation the Obama
Cabal put together in an attempt to keep Trump out of
Office, then to try and remove him with a coup has been exposed....
You just cannot admit to the Democratic Wart on your nose yet !
At some point you will actually see it and then remove it...

I " Hope " !
And boy would that be a " Change "....!

"Unfortunately Oxides of Nitrogen “NOx”, which enjoy a fairly low value with a properly fed catalytic converter, triple when the engine is tuned for maximum economy."
The trade off seems to be worthwhile for now, but as fuel efficiency increases, the returns on old technology decrease.
The key is to burn all the fuel as cleanly and effectively as possible.

I don’t know but the massive air quality difference from that and other regulations speaks for itself and is not debatable.
Now, he has all of his idiots on the side of the entrenched corporate interests.
It’s fascinating.
The national standards for ecology and fuel economy are something we need to balance against California's draconian response.
We have an unelected board of policy makers (CARB) who dictate what standards California residents must comply with.
Trump is not talking about eliminating the catalytic converter.
He simply wants to reign in an out of control California legislature that is really punishing the working people of California with high car, truck & gas taxes and regulations.

We pay a ridiculous amount of money for a negligible environmental return.

I believe in protecting the enviroment.
I also believe in protecting the American taxpayer.
Balance.

"Unfortunately Oxides of Nitrogen “NOx”, which enjoy a
fairly low value with a properly fed catalytic converter,
triple when the engine is tuned for maximum economy."

With current Hybrid technology .2 + or - ( .2 ) of ( NOx ) x 3 @ ( 23° C ) ( 73.4° F )
is minuscule....
What YOU are NOT taking into consideration is the power plant
emissions and the Carbon offset credits they employ to " Hide " the
real emissions at the stacks....that is just one of the Lies you are
conveniently looking past....

Spola, Spola, Spola.....

What about a hybrid without a Cat and a
redesigned fuel efficiency quotient?

Never be allowed in California ( Legally ) wink wink.....
Actually one more loop thru the induction system ( costs permitting )
would accomplish what you are suggesting....managing the
hot exhaust gases would be a chore.

It’s fascinating.
Relax. The NGD will shut it all down. You’ll be fine.

The national standards for ecology and fuel economy are something we need to balance against California's draconian response.
We have an unelected board of policy makers (CARB) who dictate what standards California residents must comply with.
Trump is not talking about eliminating the catalytic converter.
He simply wants to reign in an out of control California legislature that is really punishing the working people of California with high car, truck & gas taxes and regulations.

We pay a ridiculous amount of money for a negligible environmental return.

I believe in protecting the enviroment.
I also believe in protecting the American taxpayer.
Balance.
You are writing philosophical mumbo jumbo. He simply wants to prevent CA from making its own air quality standards. Had he been president in the 70s when the oil and car companies said boo, as they’re saying to him now, then we wouldn’t have had a catalytic converter.
This is what I mean when I describe my fascination at Trump’s idiots taking the side of the entrenched corporate interests who require regulating by our state. It’s really interesting.
Fortunately, so far we always sue him and win on these types of issues.

Electric cars don't need catalytic converters at all *, and
they are the most efficient. Initial cost, driving range, and
recharge times are the big limitations there.

* Duh....

But what about the " Electrical " source...

navajo-800x800.jpg

Navajo, Arizona ....!
Is just one.... ( California's " Filthy " secret. )

Huh Spola...?

Back