An amazing case for reducing gun ownership in America

Your willingness to stand proudly for a weapon that has been used in so many domestic terror incidents where hundreds have died makes me question whether you stand for America. Not very patriotic to condone the slaughter of so many Americans, just to defend an arms manufacturer.
Now tell me about your support for Florida flight schools...
I will educate you,
Fact Check: Are Most Gun Crimes Committed With Handguns?
  • Emily Larsen
1 year ago
180221_Handguns_Larsen-1024x532.jpg

"When you look at the statistics, many, many, many more shootings occur with a pistol than they do with a rifle,” Sen. James Lankford, R-Okla., says. (Photo: Prathaan/Getty Images)

Sen. James Lankford said on NBC’s “Meet the Press” that at least three times as many crimes are committed with handguns than with rifles.

Verdict: True

DCNF-Logo-300x100.png

Handguns are used in about nine times as many murders and eight times as many nonfatal violent crimes than rifles, shotguns, and other firearms combined.

Fact Check:

Lankford, R-Okla., pointed out Sunday the high proportion of crimes committed with handguns after “Meet the Press” host Chuck Todd pressed him on whether the AR-15, the weapon used in the Parkland, Florida, shooting, should remain classified as a rifle.

“So there are three or four, five times as many crimes committed with a handgun than there are with a rifle. So we can have that conversation. But when you look at the statistics, many, many, many more shootings occur with a pistol than they do with a rifle,” Lankford said.

His office pointed The Daily Caller News Foundation to the FBI’s annual Uniform Crime Reporting on firearms used in murders. By that measure, Lankford is right that handguns are used much more often than rifles.

>>> See Charts: Number of Firearm Murders by Firearm Type and Nonfatal Criminal Firearm Violence

Handguns were used in 19 times as many murders than rifles were in 2016, according to the Uniform Crime Reporting data. Handguns killed nine times as many persons as rifles, shotguns, and other guns did combined. The type of firearm used was unknown for about 28 percent of all firearm murders.

QUOTE="Hüsker Dü, post: 264150, member: 1707"

You people sure revel in the fantasy world you have created for yourselves.

The plumber is the smartest guy in the room with the best hair,
You're Jealous and Envious !

nono is seriously correct and deeply in the know,
Why Thank You !

dizzy is a financial wizard,
Much smarter than You !

LE had a clue, and you know what's best for everyone else and now a gun expert
(who is unaware what the guns markings mean).
Bang ! Scared You !

Hilarious!

/QUOTE

Now run along Rodent....and change your diaper, you just shit yourself.

You can’t believe my money’s real because you thought you knew anything until I came along and showed you how wrong you are...about everything.
It’s real, dummy.

Prove it " Messy " Liar.....

Based on the intelligence level of your posts..you're a " canner " with a stolen
shopping cart ......

You mean M16 “Sporter.”
Sportingly create massive wounding with one bullet...pretend you’re shooting at Viet Cong as you hit the school kids!

You should be condemned HARSHLY for the above SICK
comment............
That is the most disgusting remark I have EVER witnessed on
this forum..!!

You are a DISGUSTING individual !

In the US?
Your Alzheimer’s meds aren’t working...they’re making you worse.
Where did I say in the US? You're delusional...
That would be world wide pinhead...
Over a hundred people die daily in the USA in traffic accidents...roughly the same as die of opiod od's daily...
There are approximately 100 gun deaths daily in the US...6 in 10 are suicide.

When used properly cars, drugs and guns are safe....when used by delusional lying pinheads extra caution should be used...

Lol! Sure it is....poser.
Hey Iz. The trust got me up to 3.9m and I gotta wire the cash in 45 days with no contingencies.
Gulp!
Better sell my house right quick. Trying to get 3.6 for it. It’s sweet. Little turf field plus cement basketball court in the yard.
Wanna take a look?

Where did I say in the US? You're delusional...
That would be world wide pinhead...
Over a hundred people die daily in the USA in traffic accidents...roughly the same as die of opiod od's daily...
There are approximately 100 gun deaths daily in the US...6 in 10 are suicide.

When used properly cars, drugs and guns are safe....when used by delusional lying pinheads extra caution should be used...
I see. So when I was talking about America and guns and “freedom” and Dicks Sporting Goods you decided to throw out a number that was over 30 times greater than the US traffic fatality number.
Makes sense. My bad.

Hey Iz. The trust got me up to 3.9m and I gotta wire the cash in 45 days with no contingencies.
Gulp!
Better sell my house right quick. Trying to get 3.6 for it. It’s sweet. Little turf field plus cement basketball court in the yard.
Wanna take a look?
Lol! Run along money bags.

Back