Albion... Thoughts?

Albion aggressively recruits from City Heights. On any given weekend you will see their coaches at indoor and mexican league games recruiting kids. Take away these scholarship kids and I would like to see how they do- development v. recruiting. Not meant to be a slam but just like Surf on the girls side show me which coaches are developing their players. For example. Gabe was developing players at Rebels so lets see if he is given that opportunity now that he is back at Surf. Mario at Surf is also good at development of the very young at Surf but it is hard to swallow and not followed thru by the other coaches. Again, pick the coach, not the club.

Love it good for them! Albion always been strong boys side but now that Surf took five for DA they are now winning lol!
Be careful about Goal Nation though total rag. Her son used to play for Surf, then Albion and now Barca. It's absolute fake news and usually slanted so always be mindful.

Love it good for them! Albion always been strong boys side but now that Surf took five for DA they are now winning lol!
Be careful about Goal Nation though total rag. Her son used to play for Surf, then Albion and now Barca. It's absolute fake news and usually slanted so always be mindful.
Albion was not always strong on the boys side. Nomads was the club in San Diego until Albion started to recruit from Nomads and City Heights about 10 years ago. They started recruiting for their older teams for the first few years and their younger teams were some of the worst in the county. Now they recruit at all ages. But this is no different than almost every other club. I just don't think they are that special because they have winning teams. It would be nice to see the percentages of kids that remain at the same club, develop and then play pro or get a college scholarship.

Back