Albion SD Coaching Changes?

Code

SILVER ELITE
Looks like Albion SD has changed a few of the GA coaches. Anyone willing to share the details? I see that JL from the 06 and FP from the 07 are no longer on the rosters. Some of the other names look new as well, but I am not really that familar with the club. The player rosters over there are looking really long as well. What's the Tea?

Looks like Albion SD has changed a few of the GA coaches. Anyone willing to share the details? I see that JL from the 06 and FP from the 07 are no longer on the rosters. Some of the other names look new as well, but I am not really that familar with the club. The player rosters over there are looking really long as well. What's the Tea?
In GA world Albions 2008s won it all + this opened doors for them.

More recently MW took several 2009 + 2010s with him when he moved from Albion to Sharks.

When MW was at Albion he was the top dog + what this meant was there was a void when he left. Albion has responded by bringing on new coaches + running bigger then normal rosters (so they can quickly find replacements for the ones that left for Sharks). At the 2010 level if you look at GA league results it's clear that they're getting better and better each week.

Losing JL is not a good thing for the club - if she's really gone.

In GA world Albions 2008s won it all + this opened doors for them.

More recently MW took several 2009 + 2010s with him when he moved from Albion to Sharks.

When MW was at Albion he was the top dog + what this meant was there was a void when he left. Albion has responded by bringing on new coaches + running bigger then normal rosters (so they can quickly find replacements for the ones that left for Sharks). At the 2010 level if you look at GA league results it's clear that they're getting better and better each week.

This information is incorrect. The 06 team, beaten by SURF 06 by a margin of 8-0, won it all. Accurate league information.

Losing JL is not a good thing for the club - if she's really gone.

I agree, just trying to find out if the Albion Team list is incorrect on thier site, or if she left. Also a new coach name on the GA Roster list as SL, who has also replaced FP on the 07 GA roster and Albion team list.

I agree, just trying to find out if the Albion Team list is incorrect on thier site, or if she left. Also a new coach name on the GA Roster list as SL, who has also replaced FP on the 07 GA roster and Albion team list.
A few months back, someone said she left and is moving to NYC. The list is probably correct.

This information is incorrect. The 06 team, beaten by SURF 06 by a margin of 8-0, won it all. Accurate league information.

Yes…Albion GA06 was manhandled 0-8 by a superior Surf squad playing with their full compliment of 06/07 unicorns in Surf Cup ‘22. But context matters….In that same Surf Cup, Albion easily dispatched ECNL sides Blues and Crossfire before playing in the finals against a well-rested Surf (who played in a very favorable bracket per usual). Albion were depleted by injury, played terribly and were crushed. Missing two national team level players Albion also tied Slammers, LAFC and MVLA in preceding Surf Challenge. Bottom line, denigrating the GA based on this one beat down against a Surf team that routinely crushes other ECNL squads is silly.

Yes…JL left Albion for NWSL

Yes…new Albion GA coaching roster

Yes…Albion GA06 was manhandled 0-8 by a superior Surf squad playing with their full compliment of 06/07 unicorns in Surf Cup ‘22. But context matters….In that same Surf Cup, Albion easily dispatched ECNL sides Blues and Crossfire before playing in the finals against a well-rested Surf (who played in a very favorable bracket per usual). Albion were depleted by injury, played terribly and were crushed. Missing two national team level players Albion also tied Slammers, LAFC and MVLA in preceding Surf Challenge. Bottom line, denigrating the GA based on this one beat down against a Surf team that routinely crushes other ECNL squads is silly.

Yes…JL left Albion for NWSL

Yes…new Albion GA coaching roster

There's no denigrating the GA with that comment. It was a correction of misinformation posted.

Here's correction to your statement:

Your statement is inaccurate about Surf's 06 schedule. If you look at the results of the games for both teams and compare it, the competition was similar for both teams. Utah and Blues are equivalent. West Coast is one of the better GA teams and only lost to Albion 1-0 recently.

If Albion EASILY dispatched their two previous opponents, why were they so depleted?

The summer tournament without Albion's two unicorns is from a bunkering system: Scores were 0-0, 0-0, and 1-1. This was the only team that had this consistent result in the tourney. Plenty of eye witnesses to this too.

With their unicorns, Albion would probably be top 5 in ECNL southwest.

Jen Lalor left Albion after 2 years. Why do you think she was looking for a new job so quickly? She's a great loss to Albion. Albion was very lucky to have her.

There's no denigrating the GA with that comment. It was a correction of misinformation posted.

Your statement is inaccurate about Surf's 06 schedule. If you look at the results of the games for both teams and compare it, the competition was similar for both teams. Utah and Blues are equivalent. West Coast is one of the better GA teams and only lost to Albion 1-0 recently.

If Albion EASILY dispatched their two previous opponents, why were they so depleted?

The summer tournament without Albion's two unicorns is from a bunkering system: Scores were 0-0, 0-0, and 1-1. This was the only team that had this consistent result in the tourney. Plenty of eye witnesses to this too.

Jen Lalor left Albion after 2 years. Why do you think she was looking for a new job so quickly? She's a great loss to Albion. Albion was very lucky to have her.
JL was head scout of the first ever U14 National Team when my dd was knocking on the door. I have a few questions I still need answered that many of the liars I was dealing with would NEVER answer. Any kid who gives up her life for 18 months deserves feed back and good will about what changes need to be made. The grooming center in SD was not about development. She will be a great help to fix the wrongs in female youth soccer for sure. We need great woman coaches in the youth arena and it's too bad she left.

Last edited:

If we r talking facts, Surf ECNL and their “unicorns” were beating Albion 6-0 at halftime with 35 minute halves. They took their foot off the gas and it ended 8-0. The Albion GK had a great game. It should halve been more.

If we r talking facts, Surf ECNL and their “unicorns” were beating Albion 6-0 at halftime with 35 minute halves. They took their foot off the gas and it ended 8-0. The Albion GK had a great game. It should halve been more.
This is true.

Congrats to Surf on advancing all their teams to sweet 16 in the playoffs this week and all Surf teams winning their respective groups. 09s and 08s both beat Solar to win their groups.
Unlucky to their 07 team, losing in a long PK to Legends and not advancing to Virginia.
The 06s appear to have dominated PDA in a 5-0 win and advance to Virginia. It appears the team finally made their adjustments after Melanie Barcenas became a professional player.

This is true.

Congrats to Surf on advancing all their teams to sweet 16 in the playoffs this week and all Surf teams winning their respective groups. 09s and 08s both beat Solar to win their groups.
Unlucky to their 07 team, losing in a long PK to Legends and not advancing to Virginia.
The 06s appear to have dominated PDA in a 5-0 win and advance to Virginia. It appears the team finally made their adjustments after Melanie Barcenas became a professional player.

I believe Mel B was a long-time member of the 07 team (and is an 07), only (very?) briefly played with the 06's, and was actually on the 05 squad before starting to spend more time with the Wave over Surf.

I believe Mel B was a long-time member of the 07 team (and is an 07), only (very?) briefly played with the 06's, and was actually on the 05 squad before starting to spend more time with the Wave over Surf.

Mel B. was a long time member of the 07 squad before playing up with the 05s, then 06s, then Wave FC.

100% correct. Probably played only a dozen games with the 06s. Long time player for the 07s.

Back