Albion Cup - 05s (7/16 - 7/18) - Tech Specs

Albion Cup, time to look up and make sure there's no rain in the forecast...If not then the 05s are in for some decent games this weekend at Albion Cup in Flight I.

Fields
Nobel Park
Robb Field (Final)

Format
12 Teams
3 Group Winners & 1 Wildcard advance to Semi-Finals
  • Group Games: Saturday (7/16) & Sunday (7/17)
  • Semi-Finals: Sunday (7/17)
  • Finals: Monday (7/18)

Tournament Links

Bracket 1
  • Albion - South Academy
  • CDA Slammers FC - Gath
  • SDSC - Navy
  • Strikers FC - OC EGSL
Breakdown:
Strikers have the name recognition and many people are waiting to see what this team will look like with Pete Aguirre and Craig Bull transitioning this team from the small field to the big field, incorporating older players, etc. They will be the clear favorites in a group with a very good balance of competition that could make them sweat a bit.

Bracket 2
  • Albion
  • Beach FC - LB Perez
  • CDA Slammers - Segovia
  • Encinitas Express - Premier
Breakdown:
Very balanced group with Segovia looking for a chance to make some noise in the 05s. Both Albion and Express have enough players where they can make things interesting as well. Beach is the "B" team looking to measure themselves.

Bracket 3
  • CDA Slammers - Fullerton
  • Murrieta Surf - White
  • Rebels Gold
  • TFA - SE LA
Breakdown:
On paper you have TFA who seems to be good for guaranteed Semi-Finals / Finals appearances and have chased down the competition at every corner. Murrieta will look to have a rebound from CRL and have a point to make. Rebels should a very technical squad but will have to bring some pace to counter a lot of what they will see in this group.

Best of luck to everyone at Albion Cup, don't overlook Flight II this weekend as there are a couple of teams who would have been just fine in Flight I, watch the results and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Last edited:
Albion Cup, time to look up and make sure there's no rain in the forecast...If not then the 05s are in for some decent games this weekend at Albion Cup in Flight I.

Fields
Nobel Park
Robb Field (Final)

Format
12 Teams
3 Group Winners & 1 Wildcard advance to Semi-Finals
  • Group Games: Saturday (7/16) & Sunday (7/17)
  • Semi-Finals: Sunday (7/17)
  • Finals: Monday (7/18)

Tournament Links

Bracket 1
  • Albion - South Academy
  • CDA Slammers FC - Gath
  • SDSC - Navy
  • Strikers FC - OC EGSL
Breakdown:
Strikers have the name recognition and many people are waiting to see what this team will look like with Pete Aguirre and Craig Bull transitioning this team from the small field to the big field, incorporating older players, etc. They will be the clear favorites in a group with a very good balance of competition that could make them sweat a bit.

Bracket 2
  • Albion
  • Beach FC - LB Perez
  • CDA Slammers - Segovia
  • Encinitas Express - Premier
Breakdown:
Very balanced group with Beach being the strong reliable team, and Segovia looking for a chance to make some noise in the 05s. Both Albion and Express have enough players where they can make things interesting as well.

Bracket 3
  • CDA Slammers - Fullerton
  • Murrieta Surf - White
  • Rebels Gold
  • TFA - SE LA
Breakdown:
On paper you have TFA who seems to be good for guaranteed Semi-Finals / Finals appearances and have chased down the competition at every corner. Murrieta will look to have a rebound from CRL and have a point to make. Rebels should a very technical squad but will have to bring some pace to counter a lot of what they will see in this group.

Best of luck to everyone at Albion Cup, don't overlook Flight II this weekend as there are a couple of teams who would have been just fine in Flight I, watch the results and you'll see what I'm talking about.

FYI- That is Beach 05 "sister" team coached by Art Perez in the tournament, not Rich Perez 05s.

Flight 2 has Strikers Black team vs LAGSD.
Should either of these teams have played in Flight 1.
What flight are they playing in Fall?

Flight 2 has Strikers Black team vs LAGSD.
Should either of these teams have played in Flight 1.
What flight are they playing in Fall?
The LAGSD team is our third team (not my daughter's team). They have a fair number of girls from last year's second teams from both U10 and U11, have done well for a third team with three finals in three tourneys.

Congrats to Strikers OC for winning Albion Cup against a tough Rebels team 2-1. Great work girls! 5 games in 3 days with 23 goals scored and 3 goals against.

Congrats to Strikers OC for winning Albion Cup against a tough Rebels team 2-1. Great work girls! 5 games in 3 days with 23 goals scored and 3 goals against.

The game was sort of boring to watch with Strikers controlling 90 percent of the play. I thought the Flight 2 game was a better game to watch. Congrats to both Strikers teams for winning Flights 1 and 2.

The LAGSD team is our third team (not my daughter's team). They have a fair number of girls from last year's second teams from both U10 and U11, have done well for a third team with three finals in three tourneys.
They also borrowed at least one player from the team above them, but yeah, this team is pretty solid.

Back