Additional ECNL Expansion in SoCal?

Just so I understand, who denied RSC's application for their second team-- ECNL?

The DOC at RSC who decided not to play ECNL and not re-up for 2017 due to DA focus. So many fairytales on this site. Only the big 4 can

Just so I understand, who denied RSC's application for their second team-- ECNL?

Yes, ECNL denied RSC's request. RSC wanted it pretty badly, but because they didn't have the championships and playoff success to bolster their application, their best argument was geography, which did not carry the day.

Yes, ECNL denied RSC's request. RSC wanted it pretty badly, but because they didn't have the championships and playoff success to bolster their application, their best argument was geography, which did not carry the day.

Where are you getting this from? I talked to someone from RSC back at college showcase and they said they are not going to do both ECNL and GDA because they could not afford both programs. 3 of their 5 ECNL teams are in the Champions League this season. You are full of sh1t.

Where are you getting this from? I talked to someone from RSC back at college showcase and they said they are not going to do both ECNL and GDA because they could not afford both programs. 3 of their 5 ECNL teams are in the Champions League this season. You are full of sh1t.

No he is not full of it. The requirement to have both was that you must have won an ECNL National Championship.

RSC and Eagles have not. Surf, Slammers, West Coast, Blues have.

Not sure if Eagles wanted both, but RSC did.

Having both makes sense now that the Fake GDA II league is truly not going to happen. On off band years the top kids could play ECNL.

That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard.

I do not disagree. RSC is notoriously a strong club and should of being given both. Again, not sure on Eagles desires, they might not have wanted it, maybe they did, I do not know.

Those are the requirements laid out by Mr Lavers at the January DOC meeting in La Jolla.

I got this right from the DOC of RSC in a room full of parents on Feb 28.

I expect to see a lot of movement in players in LA and Ventura Counties. The switch from ECNL teams at every age to DA teams made up of two age groups will result in less top spots available at Real and Eagles. The drive to the west side where LA Galaxy is located is a nightmare from the valley so that is not a great option. The new LA Premier DA will attract some. Add to that the ban on High School soccer and the time commitment that all but prevents multi sport participation should result in a crazy Spring.

I have a question that is probably dumb but, with the Texas team, that is a conference team (right?) where are games played?

Back