Academy season

From what I heard a few weeks ago 6 Albion players are leaving for Surf and when Ginns found out he booted them knocking their roster down to 14 or so as they lost a few during the season as well. That would explain the late adds of DP guys. Not sure how that jives with all the tryout/transfer/trial rules at all as I don't know specifics. Just heard those guys are Surf-bound and are not welcome at Albion.

3 more players pending to bring the roster to 28, whatever there attempting to will be noted I'm sure on the year end evaluation. Deadlines have passed and having 9-10 DP's that can't be converted to FT because 21 is the limit which has been previously reached is not really close to following the guidelines or rules.

If these numbers are going to surf there has to be some cuts both teams to make room.

FOR (O3) U14 EACH TEAM FULL BRACKET LOOKlNG GOOD

5/25/2017

Boys U14 Academy

Bracket A

4:00 PM
CLUB TIJUANA XOLOITZCUINTLES DE CALIENTE (MEX)

CROSSFIRE PREMIER 03 ACADEMY (WA)

5/26/2017

Bracket A

LA GALAXY USSDA B2003 (CAS)

5/28/2017

Boys U14 Academy

Bracket A

12:40 PM
ARSENAL FC NORTH USSDA B2003 (ACADEMY)

---------------------------------------------------------

5/25/2017

Boys U14 Academy

ARSENAL FC NORTH USSDA B2003 (CAS)

5/26/2017

Boys U14 Academy

Bracket A

5/28/2017

Boys U14 Academy

Bracket A

----------------------------------

5/25/2017

Boys U14 Academy

Bracket A

5/26/2017

Boys U14 Academy

Bracket A

5/28/2017

Boys U14 Academy

Bracket A

---------------------------------------------------------

5/25/2017

Boys U14 Academy

Bracket A

5/26/2017

Boys U14 Academy

ARSENAL FC NORTH USSDA B2003 (CAS

5/28/2017

Boys U14 Academy

Bracket A

-----------------------------------

5/25/2017

Boys U14 Academy

Bracket B

SAN DIEGO SURF 03 USSDA (CAS)

SJ EARTHQUAKES 03 DA (CAN)

5/26/2017

Boys U14 Academy

Bracket B

FC GOLDEN STATE DA 03 (CAS)

5/28/2017

Boys U14 Academy

Bracket B

11:00 AM

LA UNITED FUTBOL ACADEMY B03 USSDA (CAS)
---------------------------------------------------

5/25/2017

Boys U14 Academy

Bracket B

5/26/2017

Boys U14 Academy

Bracket B

5/28/2017

Boys U14 Academy

Bracket B

---------------------------------------------------

5/25/2017

Boys U14 Academy

Bracket B

5/26/2017

Boys U14 Academy

Bracket B

5/28/2017

Boys U14 Academy

Bracket B

------------------------------------

5/25/2017

Boys U14 Academy

Bracket B

5/26/2017

Boys U14 Academy

Bracket B

5/28/2017

Boys U14 Academy

Bracket B

3 more players pending to bring the roster to 28, whatever there attempting to will be noted I'm sure on the year end evaluation. Deadlines have passed and having 9-10 DP's that can't be converted to FT because 21 is the limit which has been previously reached is not really close to following the guidelines or rules.

If these numbers are going to surf there has to be some cuts both teams to make room.
What club is following academy guidelines? Roster size seems like the least of the guidelines being flaunted.
Trying to get pay to play clubs to behave like real academies is like trying to train seals to ride bikes. Just too much involved in this charade to try to do anything about it.

I also just heard about the mass exodus of Albion players to Surf. In just the last 9 months or so, there have been about 12-13 Albion first team '03 going over to Surf. Yes it's common for top players to ping-pong back and forth between the big clubs, but this is excessive even by normal standards. Anybody know what's causing the mass migration of '03 Albion players to Surf? It only seems to be that age group. And Albion actually had the stronger team in that age group for the last several years.

Meet the new look Golden state soltilo fc academy for the 2017-2018 season

F.C. GOLDEN STATE PARTNERS WITH SOLTILO FC

SOLTILO FC Los Angeles is part of HONDA ESTILO USA, which is owned by Keisuke Honda of A.C. Milan and the Japanese National Team.

So what do people think of the new schedules changes where the Southwest now plays the Northwest teams regularly? My players likes the change.

With the combo age for 17-18 at u16 02/01 should be interesting to see if those playing up with stay or go back to their calendar year groups.

From http://www.ussoccerda.com/20170601-development-academy-2017-2018-regular-season-schedule-release

REGULAR SEASON:
  • Scouting Opportunities - Approximately 1/3rd of regular season games scouted by Technical Advisors and U.S. Soccer Scouts
  • Variety of Competition - Teams play a variety of opponents in regular season, and will face opponents from different regions at Academy events
  • Meaningful Games - Clubs have roster flexibility to move players up and down based on the individual player needs and the opponent to create the most competitive games
  • Playing Rhythm - Academy teams will be scheduled for 20-30 regular season games (varies by region) to provide a full season schedule that provides the best playing rhythm
EVENTS:
The 2017-2018 Academy season will feature 3 showcase and postseason playoff events:
  • Scouting Opportunities - 100% of event games scouted by Technical Advisors, U.S. Soccer Scouts and Youth National Team coaches
  • Like-for-Like Competition - At Showcase events, matchups are scheduled to provide the most meaningful competition
  • World-Class Environment - Academy events are hosted at the nation's top facilities with professional technical areas supported by scouts, technical staff and referee coaches
  • Player Health and Safety - Games are scheduled with built in rest days along with medical and support staff to ensure players have what they need to compete at the highest level

Reactions: JJP
Southwest U15 West. The 03 U 15 ACADEMY

Who out, (Santa Barbara) (Central California Aztecs) who in (Grande Spots Academy)
Grande Sport Academy from Arizona, get ready to travel back-and-forth to Arizona,
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Albion SC U-15
Arsenal FC U-15
FC Golden State Soltilo U-15
Grande Sports Academy U-15
LA Galaxy U-15
Los Angeles United Futbol Academy U-15
Nomads SC U-15
Pateadores U-15
Real So Cal U-15
San Diego Surf U-15
Strikers FC U-15

There's a schedule break from mid Nov. to Feb. Is that break meant for HS soccer, or showcases?

There's back to back Sat. and Sun. games with Nor. Cal. teams so you can get 2 games per trip. Back to back games are tough but it has to be done to cut down the amount of travel.

It's great we don't have to travel to Santa Barbara (nearly 3 hr. drive with traffic), but it got replaced with a trip to AZ which really sucks. I don't know how that AZ team can go back and forth from CA just about every weekend.

This schedule will put massive mileage and age my car, that's for sure.

There's a schedule break from mid Nov. to Feb. Is that break meant for HS soccer, or showcases?

There's back to back Sat. and Sun. games with Nor. Cal. teams so you can get 2 games per trip. Back to back games are tough but it has to be done to cut down the amount of travel.

It's great we don't have to travel to Santa Barbara (nearly 3 hr. drive with traffic), but it got replaced with a trip to AZ which really sucks. I don't know how that AZ team can go back and forth from CA just about every weekend.

This schedule will put massive mileage and age my car, that's for sure.

Don't forget the trip to Canada.

Wow I like this article. Click on link below

Development academies: the saga continues
by Ahmet Guvener, June 1st, 2017 9:59PM

After my last article, some of the readers correctly stated that I did not include the U-12, U-13 and U-14 categories in the analysis. I knew I did not and I did it on a purpose. I wanted to see the distribution of the full pledged (U-12 through U-18) and U-15/16 and U-17/18 academies in the country.

U.S. Soccer recently included the U-12 category in the Development Academy (DA) system as well as breaking the U13-14 category into U-13 and U-14. It also started the girls DA. All these moves were in the correct direction.

Especially breaking the U-13/14 into two categories created the chance for both age groups to compete. In the past, the U-13/14 category would be dominated by U-14 players and only the very talented U-13 players were able to compete. For boys, there might be a substantial physical difference between a 12 year old and a 13 year old since they are transitioning from childhood into puberty. Hopefully, in the years to come, the U-15/16 category will also be broken down into U-15 and U-16.

I will talk about the boys DAs in the USA only.

There are a total of 146 DAs across 25 states and District of Colombia. These 146 DAs do not necessarily represent 146 unique clubs, since some clubs have affiliated DAs in the same state as well as in different states. For example, Chicago Fire has four DAs, three in Illinois and one in Indiana.

If you look at all the DAs, you will see four categories with a few exceptions in each category:

https://www.socceramerica.com/article/73615/development-academies-the-saga-continues.html

Any details on the Galaxy 0 - 1 GSA ?

Golden State is better at developing players at this age compared to Galaxy.

Galaxy teams typically start out good and they faded as the season goes along. My player was with the team but do to lack of playing time, roster size, and coaches that are more concerned with wins than anything else my players left, been really happy since.

The galaxy will likely poach or recruit more players including the keeper from Golden State so they will be strong again at the start, lose players, recruit more, and be back where they started. Rinse and Repeat like a washing machine. Development is not a priority of them unless your one of the few chosen ones playing up. Some great players don't get me wrong but there mostly playing for themselves and the first team is full of foreign players because the homegrown ones don't t get it done or put fans in the seats

Galaxy teams typically start out good and they faded as the season goes along. My player was with the team but do to lack of playing time, roster size, and coaches that are more concerned with wins than anything else my players left, been really happy since.

The galaxy will likely poach or recruit more players including the keeper from Golden State so they will be strong again at the start, lose players, recruit more, and be back where they started. Rinse and Repeat like a washing machine. Development is not a priority of them unless your one of the few chosen ones playing up. Some great players don't get me wrong but there mostly playing for themselves and the first team is full of foreign players because the homegrown ones don't t get it done or put fans in the seats

Thanks, I guess we'll know how many players they are trying to recruit and how many they are letting go after tomorrow.

Sure, you could say GS is better at developing compared to Galaxy. But that is a very low benchmark to say the least. There is no motivation for Galaxy to develop any individual player. And the few chosen players playing up cookie-cutter style aren't developing any better. That's a joke. Clubs do this because USSDA says to do so. It has nothing to do with the individual players' best interest. Messi played down.
GS has its issues as well. The need to win games at this age is poisoning any chance our boys will develop as they need to at this age.

I read a FB post from a GSA parent considering the game a championship game. Why considered that way?

Back