Academy season

No Academy on the west coast is developing players. Hopefully these parents considering sending their kids to Galaxy will have less of a commute. If it's for bragging rights or pursuing the dream it's borderline child abuse at this point in time.

Ray8 100% agree with you.

Kids with poor technique can of course get much better, but if they don't have exceptional technique at this age they will not become soccer players. By soccer players I don't mean going pro, just being able to play real soccer.

I think you're generally right, but I see kids with long legs/huge strides or going through massive growth spurts look clumsy as hell and then 6 months later looking graceful, only to repeat the cycle next growth spurt, especially when their feet are growing.

Exceptional Latino boys generally grew up watching a lot of soccer, playing with their friends, cousins, uncles, dads. They've been touching the ball since maybe diapers. Non-Latino boys who play club generally were exceptional AYSO players, whose dads got convinced by someone at some point to go club. Dad doesn't know soccer, or perhaps played a perverted form of soccer years ago, so no clue as to what the sport requires in terms of development at stages.
Unfortunately, Latino dads often seem to know little about nutrition, and the fact that rest is development. Exceptional Latino players generally play way too many games, where the need to win is so strong they play through pain and compromise technique. These repeated micro injuries combined with poor nutrition are poisoning these boys. Perhaps that's why it may seem like the non-latinos are "catching up."

Interesting perspective . . . I have to think about what you said.

Just heard from a creditable source that a number of GSA boys are moving to LAG. They include the goalie, a couple of midfielders and their stud forward. LAG is also looking at other players from other teams including LAUFA. Word has it that LAG coaches have been reaching out to parents.
That's 7 players poached in the last two years. Lol, maybe Galaxy should just hire the 03 GS coach.

Do any academy teams have specialty coaches, coaches for forwards, midfielders, defenders. I think some clubs have a goalie coach that comes out occasionally. Just not sure how many clubs have position coaches. At other sports at top level club football, basketball, baseball, track there are position coaches on all the top clubs.

Do MLS Academy Really Develop players.
So is true then. Galaxy coaching staffs don't know how to develop player from scratch, only known to go around and steal good player from other club
es·pe·cial·ly, galaxy 03 coach he's not good.
And you know this from experience, right?

Your boy did play for Galaxy?

Just heard from a creditable source that a number of GSA boys are moving to LAG. They include the goalie, a couple of midfielders and their stud forward. LAG is also looking at other players from other teams including LAUFA. Word has it that LAG coaches have been reaching out to parents.
Is this only for 03 players or all ages?

Doubtful, might be a player or two but hear this every year. Two way street, the past season some went to GSA from Galaxy.

Recruiting this time of year from existing FT DA players is actually not suppose to happen, transfer/add windows closed.

Doubtful, might be a player or two but hear this every year. Two way street, the past season some went to GSA from Galaxy.

Recruiting this time of year from existing FT DA players is actually not suppose to happen, transfer/add windows closed.

time will tell. the information came from a GSA parent. they also said LAG is mostly trying to purge the overbearing parents who feel entitled.

time will tell. the information came from a GSA parent. they also said LAG is mostly trying to purge the overbearing parents who feel entitled.

Ah yeah one of the LAG defenders who used to play for GSA was recently let go do to this so maybe that's where they get this info from?

As far as recruitment is concerned for existing FT DA players during the season:

Clubs are required to contact the player’s current Academy Director prior to contacting the player and request permission to speak with the player or invite the player to any club meeting or training session.

When the season is over yeah there will be some movement.

Do any academy teams have specialty coaches, coaches for forwards, midfielders, defenders. I think some clubs have a goalie coach that comes out occasionally. Just not sure how many clubs have position coaches. At other sports at top level club football, basketball, baseball, track there are position coaches on all the top clubs.
I haven't seen any team use specialty coaches except goalie coaches, and sometimes speed or conditioning coaches. I have seen teams combine different teams (say 04, 03, 02) and then break them out by position to work on specific skills, with each coach working with different groups.

So the 02 coach works with the forwards and has them work on crossing and finishing with goalies getting work on saves. The 03 coach works with defenders and some goalies on building out the back. Mids do rondos with 04 coach. Goalies switch between the attackers and defenders.

Well WE all pretty much knew the privileged teams weren't going to do much other than have a nice experience.

Quick question, are Slammers @ Dallas Cup a play-for-play team as well? They did good.

I'm sure they did well ,they had about 6to 7guest players,

Not true- There was only one real guest player on the roster. Next Fall the ENCL team will consist of all the player on the Dallas Cup roster minus the guest from SDSC. As stated on another thread three players from other clubs went to Dallas but will play with Slammers next Fall. The striker from Xplosion, the center back holding mid from Laguna and the goalie from Albion who lives on the boarder of OC/LA county. What they did do was combine the top players from Godinez and Esparza but that group will be playing together in ENCL next Fall as well as most of the remaining tournaments from now on. There is still likely to be some small movement as more players are trying out.

CDA Slammers is a paying club but they helped out many of the kids that would have made playing club unobtainable due to income. That is a coach's decision not a uniform policy of CDA. Coaches can elect to not take training fees from these players and find other ways to fund their other fees. A large number of the Godinez players were being helped out by the coach and an amazing sponsor has made the trip to Dallas possible for these players.

Next year they will have an ENCL "academy" team (This group will be outstanding) , a pre Academy team that will play flight I and CRL (should be solid as they did well in league and playoffs and will be strengthened by those players that did not make the ENCL team) a second Flight I team that will also play Champions and might be equal to the pre academy team in terms of wins (larger, older players but less technical) and a Flight I Europa or strong flight II as well as another flight II. The 03 age group as well as 04 are very strong with this club.

Not true- There was only one real guest player on the roster. Next Fall the ENCL team will consist of all the player on the Dallas Cup roster minus the guest from SDSC. As stated on another thread three players from other clubs went to Dallas but will play with Slammers next Fall. The striker from Xplosion, the center back holding mid from Laguna and the goalie from Albion who lives on the boarder of OC/LA county. What they did do was combine the top players from Godinez and Esparza but that group will be playing together in ENCL next Fall as well as most of the remaining tournaments from now on. There is still likely to be some small movement as more players are trying out.

CDA Slammers is a paying club but they helped out many of the kids that would have made playing club unobtainable due to income. That is a coach's decision not a uniform policy of CDA. Coaches can elect to not take training fees from these players and find other ways to fund their other fees. A large number of the Godinez players were being helped out by the coach and an amazing sponsor has made the trip to Dallas possible for these players.

Next year they will have an ENCL "academy" team (This group will be outstanding) , a pre Academy team that will play flight I and CRL (should be solid as they did well in league and playoffs and will be strengthened by those players that did not make the ENCL team) a second Flight I team that will also play Champions and might be equal to the pre academy team in terms of wins (larger, older players but less technical) and a Flight I Europa or strong flight II as well as another flight II. The 03 age group as well as 04 are very strong with this club.

Are you the spin doctor for slammers or something?

Kids know each other and there was 6-7 slammers dressed players at least that haven't perilously played with the team at Dallas include a player that played with Real Socal ussda team this season. When you have a existing team of 18 players and change 6-7 just for a tournament people notice, you can spin it any way you like.

Boys ENCL in the SW is the b league at best, playing beach, legends and the rest is not even close to some of the other leagues like CSL premiere for example.

Are you the spin doctor for slammers or something?

Kids know each other and there was 6-7 slammers dressed players at least that haven't perilously played with the team at Dallas include a player that played with Real Socal ussda team this season. When you have a existing team of 18 players and change 6-7 just for a tournament people notice, you can spin it any way you like.

Boys ENCL in the SW is the b league at best, playing beach, legends and the rest is not even close to some of the other leagues like CSL premiere for example.

No need to spin.

Just not true. Nobody from Real Socal USSDA. All Godninez/Esparza players plus the 4 others I mentioned.

Its OK for you to be wrong sometimes and this is one of them. Will not hold it against you.

No need to spin.

Just not true. Nobody from Real Socal USSDA. All Godninez/Esparza players plus the 4 others I mentioned.

Its OK for you to be wrong sometimes and this is one of them. Will not hold it against you.

Here you go RD http://rlsc.ussoccerda.com/sam/teams/index.php?team=1655768&player=75586619

Scored and played in the 2nd game at Dallas for slammers.

Its ok we all know the "alternative facts" and spin. Taking on a one time player and recruiting from ODP's is what it is, winning with guests over development.

Back