Academy II

My daughter hasn't picked any schools. We were told by the Director of the girls that if she wanted UCLA or Stanford to get that out of our heads as they would already be talking to us if they were interested. We haven't played any college tournaments or gone to to any ID camps because at a meeting with a college recruiting firm through arsenal they were more interested in in the high school girls at the time we had the meeting,which was almost a two years ago. So I guess we aren't sure where to even begin in the college process. How do you get unofficial visits? You just drive out and show up? Do you talk to coaches and stuff? Set up a tour? As for Academy II, I don't know about DP. I don't even know what that stands for. All I know is she tried out at the first try outs. We got an email saying come back for a second round. She did and we got an email saying come back for third round. Third round is tomorrow night. Nothing else. We were told about the DA through another player. We didn't even attend the information meeting they had. It was an email we received from our manager that was kind of nonchalant and didn't really say if it was beneficial to our girls or nothing. And yes as most of you have figured out, my DD plays for Legends

Drtbkchic if your dd is a freshman or sophomore then it would be a great idea for her to begin identifying colleges she has a realistic chance of attending. Make a list of colleges of maybe 10 colleges. There are many books at Barnes and Noble that can help. If her school has a college counselor maybe they can help her focus as well.

You/she can go on the women's soccer college websites and register her so that they send her emails and notifications of important events and dates.

If possible watch video of the soccer games of colleges she likes. Some colleges have a youtube channel.

Make a soccer resume. Make a video if possible. Have your daughter start emailing the college coaches as soon as that is all done. The time is now.

Call the Legends team manager and other parents from Legends G1998's who have players going to college next year. They can guide you and help you find the best path for your daughter.

DP = Discovery Player.

Unofficial visit means you pay. College coach will extend invitation for unofficial visit if interested in your daughter.

Apologies if you already know all of this.

Drtbkchic if your dd is a freshman or sophomore then it would be a great idea for her to begin identifying colleges she has a realistic chance of attending. Make a list of colleges of maybe 10 colleges. There are many books at Barnes and Noble that can help. If her school has a college counselor maybe they can help her focus as well.

You/she can go on the women's soccer college websites and register her so that they send her emails and notifications of important events and dates.

If possible watch video of the soccer games of colleges she likes. Some colleges have a youtube channel.

Make a soccer resume. Make a video if possible. Have your daughter start emailing the college coaches as soon as that is all done. The time is now.

Call the Legends team manager and other parents from Legends G1998's who have players going to college next year. They can guide you and help you find the best path for your daughter.

DP = Discovery Player.

Unofficial visit means you pay. College coach will extend invitation for unofficial visit if interested in your daughter.

Apologies if you already know all of this.
or send a personal message to CaliKlines our forum Legends homer. Drtbkchic, you may have seen him, he was the individual driving the Mercedes golf cart at the SilverLakes Showcase last November.:rolleyes:

My daughter hasn't picked any schools. We were told by the Director of the girls that if she wanted UCLA or Stanford to get that out of our heads as they would already be talking to us if they were interested. We haven't played any college tournaments or gone to to any ID camps because at a meeting with a college recruiting firm through arsenal they were more interested in in the high school girls at the time we had the meeting,which was almost a two years ago. So I guess we aren't sure where to even begin in the college process. How do you get unofficial visits? You just drive out and show up? Do you talk to coaches and stuff? Set up a tour? As for Academy II, I don't know about DP. I don't even know what that stands for. All I know is she tried out at the first try outs. We got an email saying come back for a second round. She did and we got an email saying come back for third round. Third round is tomorrow night. Nothing else. We were told about the DA through another player. We didn't even attend the information meeting they had. It was an email we received from our manager that was kind of nonchalant and didn't really say if it was beneficial to our girls or nothing. And yes as most of you have figured out, my DD plays for Legends
This entire post is suspect and the previous ones.

This entire post is suspect and the previous ones.
I don't know what you mean by suspect. This forum is for information I thought for parents who don't have as much knowledge as other parents on this forum. Everyone here has been tremendous in helping with the information they have given. I apologize if my situation seems "suspect" or whatever you mean. As I mentioned, my DD plays for Legends. She joined last August. We came from Arsenal after the age matrix change. I am new to to how all of this works for college. And since this is the first year for the DA, I had questions there as well. I appreciate all the information. However your reply is why I was unsure about asking anything at all on here. I have read through other responses to other questions and there seems to be someone like you in those forums as well. Our DD made it to round three of DA. We were excited and then we heard all of what I had mentioned. Since I couldn't get an honest answer from within my own club I came here. Yes, there are many uninformed parents LIKE me out there. I know shocker. But please keep it positive. This is overwhelming enough. Thank you.

@drtbkchic stay on the forum and keep asking questions. You will find the vast majority of forum members very open and helpful. I know that by joining the forum, reading posts and asking questions I have gained a lot of knowledge the last year or so. DA is a new animal. Throw in the age change, ECNL, DAII, and what have you and there are a lot of moving parts. There does not seem to be an easy/obvious choice. Best of luck to your daughter.

I don't know what you mean by suspect. This forum is for information I thought for parents who don't have as much knowledge as other parents on this forum. Everyone here has been tremendous in helping with the information they have given. I apologize if my situation seems "suspect" or whatever you mean. As I mentioned, my DD plays for Legends. She joined last August. We came from Arsenal after the age matrix change. I am new to to how all of this works for college. And since this is the first year for the DA, I had questions there as well. I appreciate all the information. However your reply is why I was unsure about asking anything at all on here. I have read through other responses to other questions and there seems to be someone like you in those forums as well. Our DD made it to round three of DA. We were excited and then we heard all of what I had mentioned. Since I couldn't get an honest answer from within my own club I came here. Yes, there are many uninformed parents LIKE me out there. I know shocker. But please keep it positive. This is overwhelming enough. Thank you.

drtbkchic - I will be at the check-in table tonight for tryouts at Silverlakes. Introduce yourself and I will ensure that you have additional information regarding college recruiting support that Legends has available. We have a College Coordinator that is available to all of our players.

There are many paths to exposure. Some require a little more work than others. Well established routes can be easier but any player that really wants to play in college and has the drive to make it happen will be able to play. There are over 320 D1 schools and even more D2/D3/NAIA. Play good soccer. Get good grades. Contact coaches to see your daughter play. Help push her to the finish line on the hard days. #POWERTOTHEGIRLS
When I asked my honor student the great school vs soccer question, she prefered a great school. She answered all my questions and since have put down the kool aide and switched to water.

When I asked my honor student the great school vs soccer question, she prefered a great school. She answered all my questions and since have put down the kool aide and switched to water.

It sounds like you are raising a smart young woman. Only the purple unicorn among the unicorns gets a chance to make any significant money playing pro soccer and that is for an extremely short period of time. I'm thinking that for most a great degree from a great school will ultimately be more lucrative.

drtbkchic - I will be at the check-in table tonight for tryouts at Silverlakes. Introduce yourself and I will ensure that you have additional information regarding college recruiting support that Legends has available. We have a College Coordinator that is available to all of our players.
I thank you so much. But after all of this, my DD decided to wait another year. She felt she wasn't ready to play at this level just yet. Personally I think the nerves got the best of her. And seeing all the amazing players I think overwhelmed her a bit. But thank you so much for offering to meet with me. I really did appreciate it. Hope everything went well tonight.

Back