Academy II

Only 8th grade isn't an excuse. My DD was already had a top 10 list as an 8th grader and taking unoffical visits as a HS freshmen.
We stopped and had Jack in the Box next to the campus at SDSU. Does that count as an unofficial visit?

All such great schools!!! Very excited for these girls graduating getting to play college next year! Always love hearing all about it while waiting for ours to go (2018) great advice given!!!
Really fun seeing girls my daughter knows in Camarillo this weekend at Pepperdine/UCLA/UCSB game...very very cool!

Your dd will be competing with the best soon enough.

bait-and-switch.jpg

Like others have mentioned if you're looking ahead for college playing opportunities, high profile Tier 1 team in ECNL or other leagues maybe a better choice. Look at the track record of the the club you're considering, this past season? what players from what teams signed on to what colleges?

Wow, do they really have to start emailing coaches in 8th grade? Good lawd.

My player started in the summer before her freshman year and took her unofficial visits the summer in between her freshman and sophomore years of high school. I think that it is really early but getting an idea of what type of school that she wants to go to is a good idea. Big school vs. small. Urban vs. Rural vs. College town. Seasons vs. no seasons. West Coast vs. East Coast vs South vs Midwest. It's a lot for a kid who hasn't even started HS or who only has 2 semesters to think about. Unfortunately it is the situation that college coaches have created for themselves. There are more schools than top level (not even elite) players. The gap between a decent D1 and a top 25 one is pretty big and causes all kinds of shenanigans.

So from some of the comments above, are you guys saying Academy II might not be a good option, because its such an unknown. If Academy II ends up playing Silverlakes Showcase, November Nights, and Surf Cup, will it then be a good option? Just asking for those of us that don't have ECNL or DA1 as an option. If the coach is good and we end up with a good track record dont you think kids will eventually be seen.

So from some of the comments above, are you guys saying Academy II might not be a good option, because its such an unknown. If Academy II ends up playing Silverlakes Showcase, November Nights, and Surf Cup, will it then be a good option? Just asking for those of us that don't have ECNL or DA1 as an option. If the coach is good and we end up with a good track record dont you think kids will eventually be seen.

There are many paths to exposure. Some require a little more work than others. Well established routes can be easier but any player that really wants to play in college and has the drive to make it happen will be able to play. There are over 320 D1 schools and even more D2/D3/NAIA. Play good soccer. Get good grades. Contact coaches to see your daughter play. Help push her to the finish line on the hard days. #POWERTOTHEGIRLS

Here's my opinion. I'm at a DA club that does not have ECNL. I have been skeptical of the DAII pitch since the beginning. Due in large part to not having a lot of answers about it for so long. While there have been some questions answered, there is still the " wait and see how this works out" feeling. If your DD gets initial designation as DP, then it may be a good platform. She will be able to play in other tournaments with the DAII team for exposure, as well as opportunities with the FULL DA team. I do believe the competition level could be very strong, as I am hearing that several of the DA clubs are building the 01/02 teams primarily with 01's. Stands to reason that those top 02 teams from the DA clubs will stay intact (assuming defection is minimal)and will be designated DAII. 02 is kind of the tweener group, I'd say.

My player started in the summer before her freshman year and took her unofficial visits the summer in between her freshman and sophomore years of high school. I think that it is really early but getting an idea of what type of school that she wants to go to is a good idea. Big school vs. small. Urban vs. Rural vs. College town. Seasons vs. no seasons. West Coast vs. East Coast vs South vs Midwest. It's a lot for a kid who hasn't even started HS or who only has 2 semesters to think about. Unfortunately it is the situation that college coaches have created for themselves. There are more schools than top level (not even elite) players. The gap between a decent D1 and a top 25 one is pretty big and causes all kinds of shenanigans.
Bingo, once a player starts visiting the different schools and experience the climate change such as Arizona's heat, Florida's heat and humidity....they get a good idea what they like and don't like. Especially, if they have to train and play in those conditions.

If I am not mistaken SilverLakes was held the same weekend as November Nights and Surf College Cup last year.

Sure, if any team can get into a Thanksgiving Showcase (Surf, NN, or SilverLakers), Surf Cup and Las Vegas Showcase. It helps, just know....the Girls DA and ECNL teams will have their own showcases as well and in some cases the ECNL teams will do their own showcase and the 3 mentioned above.

Here's my opinion. I'm at a DA club that does not have ECNL. I have been skeptical of the DAII pitch since the beginning. Due in large part to not having a lot of answers about it for so long. While there have been some questions answered, there is still the " wait and see how this works out" feeling. If your DD gets initial designation as DP, then it may be a good platform. She will be able to play in other tournaments with the DAII team for exposure, as well as opportunities with the FULL DA team. I do believe the competition level could be very strong, as I am hearing that several of the DA clubs are building the 01/02 teams primarily with 01's. Stands to reason that those top 02 teams from the DA clubs will stay intact (assuming defection is minimal)and will be designated DAII. 02 is kind of the tweener group, I'd say.
Any idea how much travel comes along with DA?

If I am not mistaken SilverLakes was held the same weekend as November Nights and Surf College Cup last year.

Sure, if any team can get into a Thanksgiving Showcase (Surf, NN, or SilverLakers), Surf Cup and Las Vegas Showcase. It helps, just know....the Girls DA and ECNL teams will have their own showcases as well and in some cases the ECNL teams will do their own showcase and the 3 mentioned above.
Wasn't there a big fight here about Surf or SilverLakes showcase?

Back