A little confused

Sorry I don't know. Only know about Rebels because they are recruiting. I don't think enough for their current players can afford or want to pay for DA. I see Albion families migrating south to Rebels. That is probably why Albion was taking $500 deposits in January. They knew that once Rebels is announced and their lack of caring that a child abuser was on staff became public, they would lose players.

Rebel can't come soon enough and we know of families for sure leaving they just can't tell Albion yet.
Who cares at this point. If the team is cant be honest with the families why should they be honest with the team - the members of the Galaxy/Surf exodus had it right all along.

What exactly was he after with these texts? A relationship, phone calls or photos? We don't know and don't know if he was successful. And there are rumors of underaged girls included. So there is a definite possibility of multiple crimes.

I’m just sticking to the facts and taking the emotion out of it. Even IF there were underage girls included, these would amount to very minor offenses, and absent any other criminal record, we’re talking no jail time.

Now if Albion fired this guy knowing what he was doing, failed to inform parents and the behavior continued or if making parents aware of the issue could have headed off more abuse, Albion could be in deep shit. I can think of
a few high profile attorneys that would take a case like this just for the publicity.

What you just described is bad judgment and bad business no doubt, but nothing criminal and nothing that would attract a high profile attorney. Remember, there is no physical abuse, just a one time perverted text. It’s going to be real hard to prove to a jury that anyone suffered severe emotional distress on one text.

Shoot, how much perverted stuff is out there for our kids to see? Stuff that we don’t know about. This is a different era.

Are you not following this? Multiple families, multiple girls. This is far reaching - they just saw one.
I also think frankly the court of public opinion will be enough when the truth pours out. Your objectivity and due process is admirable and I think needed in this discussion; however there is a time and place for action and I am proud to the families for taking it a step further now.
Let's not lose sight of the fact that his wife turned him in. As a DA that would be my first visit.

Are you not following this? Multiple families, multiple girls. This is far reaching - they just saw one.
I also think frankly the court of public opinion will be enough when the truth pours out. Your objectivity and due process is admirable and I think needed in this discussion; however there is a time and place for action and I am proud to the families for taking it a step further now.
Let's not lose sight of the fact that his wife turned him in. As a DA that would be my first visit.
I agree with you. This guy has a long history and this is the tip of the iceberg. All they need to do dig a little and they will find images on his computer. That alone could put him in jail

Now that is a different story.
He was accused of similar behavior 17 years ago. Do you think he stopped for 17 years and just restarted? My educated guess is that he would have stopped long ago if he was not successful in abusing at least a couple children with more that just text messages.

What you just described is bad judgment and bad business no doubt, but nothing criminal and nothing that would attract a high profile attorney. Remember, there is no physical abuse, just a one time perverted text. It’s going to be real hard to prove to a jury that anyone suffered severe emotional distress on one text.

Shoot, how much perverted stuff is out there for our kids to see? Stuff that we don’t know about. This is a different era.

Actually you're wrong, based on what's been alleged here its sounds like he at least attempted to "arrange a meeting with a minor for lewd purposes". That is a criminal act in California and at a minimum is a misdemeanor that requires registration as a sex offender if found guilty. Proving emotional distress is not required for a guilty finding.

Its likely that Albion, as a mandated reporter, would be required to report this as an incident of child endangerment. At a minimum, Albion is completely tone deaf, in this age of Nasser and Sandusky, if they didn't notify the authorities and the parents of kids that had exposure to coach.

I’m just sticking to the facts and taking the emotion out of it. Even IF there were underage girls included, these would amount to very minor offenses, and absent any other criminal record, we’re talking no jail time.

California Penal Code 288.4 “arranging a meeting with a minor for lewd purposes”

Keep in mind that not all the facts have come out yet. We do not know how many minors he contacted. We do not know if any of these young ladies acted on his advances although I pray they didn’t.

He was accused of similar behavior 17 years ago. Do you think he stopped for 17 years and just restarted? My educated guess is that he would have stopped long ago if he was not successful in abusing at least a couple children with more that just text messages.

He did not just suddenly stop being a perv for 17 years and hitting on young girls then out of the blue start up again. This could be a Nassau situation where more and more girls come forward. It makes me wonder how many times inappropriate behavior was reported to Albion and was just swept under the rug.

Actually you're wrong, based on what's been alleged here its sounds like he at least attempted to "arrange a meeting with a minor for lewd purposes". That is a criminal act in California and at a minimum is a misdemeanor that requires registration as a sex offender if found guilty. Proving emotional distress is not required for a guilty finding.

Its likely that Albion, as a mandated reporter, would be required to report this as an incident of child endangerment. At a minimum, Albion is completely tone deaf, in this age of Nasser and Sandusky, if they didn't notify the authorities and the parents of kids that had exposure to coach.
Is Albion a mandatory reporter? If not that law needs to be changed.

Is Albion a mandatory reporter? If not that law needs to be changed.

I'm not an attorney but I would think they would fall under the following category:

(7) An administrator or employee of a public or private youth center, youth recreation program, or youth organization.

I would think they would have a hard time arguing that NG is not an administrator of a youth recreation program.

Don't use the term "sweetie" in this context, it is demeaning. And if you don't understand that you are part of the problem.
Ah yes undermining efforts by a group of parents to literally catch a predator by accusing them of laughing at abused girls isn’t a problem. The real specter of the day is calling people “sweetie.”

just taking the temperature here - how may outraged posters have bothered to contact Albion directly about all of this?

just taking the temperature here - how may outraged posters have bothered to contact Albion directly about all of this?
I talked to a coach about it last weekend before I knew the extent. His response was "you know Gins ain't going to do shit."

This just in:
Leaving Albion in disgrace is Tony Scheri of chocolate factory fame, ironically for texting underage girls requesting their services in said aforementioned chocolate factory to stimulate his prostate.
You just can’t make this up folks.
And now we go to @Defendthegoal and @avh live at Albion.
@Dntmesswmamabear and @ecsoccermom you are also welcome to comment on DTG’s behalf.

My daughter played for Albion and Tony Scheri for 2 years and is now in college and she is one of the ones he contacted. I have notified the local media and they are looking into it.

Back