99's forum is dead!!!

There will be very few coaches around on Sunday at Nomads. There will be a lot of coaches at NN on Friday and Saturday (probably more than Nomads). If you are concerned about too many games at Nomads, manage the games on Saturday so that you don't advance. If your players want to play in college, exposure matters more than winning at Nomads. These players have sacrificed a lot over the years in a system that makes them play too many games and treats them like cogs. Do what is best for the players.

Nomads is more of a regular tournament format with up to 6 games when you add in quarterfinal, semi final and the championship games...NN is 1 game per day with no semis quarters etc...playing both seems like a real challenge...

Rdzl, your team is playing great and I am guessing would have 6 games in Nmds...that plus 3 or 4 games in NN could be 10 games over 3 days???

thats kind of a lot of games and honestly this late in the game i don't think they would change schedules to accommodate us. I guess we'll see what coach decides. We would actually be taking Crescenta Valleys spot in the U19 division if we take it.

How many teams in the '99 age group are having trouble with player retention for the second half of the season? Between proms, YNT camps and just wanting to enjoy their senior year I know my players team with a roster north of 20 usually had 12-16 players available for games. It's sort of anticlimactic when you think back to all of the trophy chasing and rankings and smack talk from the ULittle ages.

If I can offer any advice to those planning on playing soccer in college, this is not the time to let your player slack off if they seriously want to play next year and not just sit the bench and wear the jersey...

All the players are in HS soccer right now, so it is hard to tell until they start up again in March. I saw one game last fall where a team with no subs had a player leave at half time for homecoming and the team played the second half with ten.

Oh ok nice, that's what I was hoping for. I just want to see how we match up with these champion division teams. We've played beach academy and lost in pk's and have also tied slammers egsl just wanna see if we got a shot at this.
@rdzl, who was the parent that kept yelling and celebrating everytime one of your players made a pass, shot the ball, did a skill, made a tackle. He must have been worn out after the 1st half because I didn't hear him in the 2nd.

@rdzl, who was the parent that kept yelling and celebrating everytime one of your players made a pass, shot the ball, did a skill, made a tackle. He must have been worn out after the 1st half because I didn't hear him in the 2nd.

Man I'm not sure haha but it did get real quiet 2nd half, kinda awkward haha. We got punk' d the 2nd half. Our girls got thrown off their game. Hats off to legends.

Back