2019 Women's D1 Soccer Talk!!!!

Who’s still in the hunt for the wcc title and an ncaa berth :
BYU, Gonzaga, Santa Clara and Loyola

USF bad loss and just about eliminates them.

Pepperdine OUT. Need to develop players now for next years run.

Portland OUT

UOP OUT before season started but have proven to be more competitive then SMC.

SMC OUT along with the coach. 9-0 in two games vs. the middle of the pack teams. Needs to be fired now and allow the asst coach to take over to see what he has.

San Diego OUT

Who’s still in the hunt for the wcc title and an ncaa berth :
BYU, Gonzaga, Santa Clara and Loyola

USF bad loss and just about eliminates them.

Pepperdine OUT. Need to develop players now for next years run.

Portland OUT

UOP OUT before season started but have proven to be more competitive then SMC.

SMC OUT along with the coach. 9-0 in two games vs. the middle of the pack teams. Needs to be fired now and allow the asst coach to take over to see what he has.

San Diego OUT

Pepperdine is on the bubble (40-55rpi). If they keep winning and stay in range, they will be in the ncaa tournament.

USF is at 59 right now, still very much in contention.

Pepperdine is on the bubble (40-55rpi). If they keep winning and stay in range, they will be in the ncaa tournament.

USF is at 59 right now, still very much in contention.
It’s possible but the issue is Pepperdine still has to play Santa Clara, USF and Gonzaga. They will probably lose to one of them considering their inconsistent play this year.

USF now has to beat BYU, Santa Clara and Pepperdine. Not going to happen this year.

Also BOTH would need some help from other teams to knock off BYU.

It’s looking like a one bid conference with the way things are going in the PAC 12.

Never say never

CSUF 2 CSULB 1. Titans came from behind to win 2-1 with a stunning equalizing free kick goal from Atlanta Primus and mid-field steal by Maddie Bennet resulting in a 1 v 1 with the gk for the winning goal. It was cool that Long Beach had their band there to support the game, but they should warm up and tune their instruments before playing the National Anthem.

CSUF 2 CSULB 1. Titans came from behind to win 2-1 with a stunning equalizing free kick goal from Atlanta Primus and mid-field steal by Maddie Bennet resulting in a 1 v 1 with the gk for the winning goal. It was cool that Long Beach had their band there to support the game, but they should warm up and tune their instruments before playing the National Anthem.
Let's go Titans. BTW Outside, sorry for hopping this thread asking questions on another topic. I see my mistake and I will PM folks now. I'm a big CSUF fan too :)

upload_2019-10-11_21-13-25.png Pac12 Sunday

12:00 Arizona at Washington
12:00 Stanford at Oregon
1:00 Arizona State at Washington State
1:00 Cal at Oregon State
1:00 Colorado at USC
1:00 Utah at UCLA

On the surface seems like an early conference play day, however the 2 games in Socal are huge tests for the visitors after both coming up short on Thursday in their first Socal tilts. The AZ v Washington game looms large as well. Teams can either create some separation in the standings or create further logjams. Oregon and Stanford also interesting as OU can crack it from deep catching backlines and GKs not ready.
View attachment 5487

If they accompany their out of tune band with lead vocals by their TV announcers, that could produce an anthem to rival all others.

It will be interesting how much BYU's rpi drops tonight after beating Pacific. BYU at 12 and Pacific at 310. Also a can't lose this one tomorrow for Pepp.

UC Riverside 0 CSUF 1
CSUF dominated the game, but UCR gk is good and lucky.
Riverside field lighting is very odd. They have three light arrays at each end of the field, with the middle light pole being directly behind the goals. I would think for high balls, the goal keepers would be blinded by the lights at the other end of the field. It looks like the did update the turf, but it is still turf. One of the parents asked the announcer is they were streaming the game. The announcer said they do not stream soccer games.

UC Riverside 0 CSUF 1
CSUF dominated the game, but UCR gk is good and lucky.
Riverside field lighting is very odd. They have three light arrays at each end of the field, with the middle light pole being directly behind the goals. I would think for high balls, the goal keepers would be blinded by the lights at the other end of the field. It looks like the did update the turf, but it is still turf. One of the parents asked the announcer is they were streaming the game. The announcer said they do not stream soccer games.

Fullerton's senior attack is formidable, and to think they finished dead last in the Big West in 2018. Atlanta Primus is a special talent, I'm a big fan of her game. It looks like the league will be between them and UCSB. Keep it going Outside!

I’d always root for he little guy to win. I will be rooting for all conference champs outside of the power 5.

I’ll root for CAL vs. any power 5 conference team.

As it stands right now cal, Colorado, Oregon state and Utah are battling for the last two spots for the pac-12.

Back