2019 Women's D1 Soccer Talk!!!!

A whopping 3 WCC teams are on Chris Henderson’s “razzie” list of worst non conference strength of schedules list. USD, st Mary’s and pacific all have SOS above 200. That won’t help conference RPI.

If they win against those turkeys (assuming they actually do turn out to be turkeys and not some surprising diamonds in the rough) that will give other teams in the conference a chance to improve their RPI, since opponents' WLT counts twice as much as opponents' opponents' WLT.

So it’s a lose lose situation when any of the big three play us. RPI goes down if you beat us and if you lose or tie us, you won’t be selected to the ncaa if you aren’t in first place. That’s funny.

So better root for us to do well during non conference!

So it’s a lose lose situation when any of the big three play us. RPI goes down if you beat us and if you lose or tie us, you won’t be selected to the ncaa if you aren’t in first place. That’s funny.

So better root for us to do well during non conference!

It’s always a good idea to root for your teams in your conference to do well for the exact reason that you mentioned. Although if your rival is in the conference it’s okay to make an exception.

It would be nice to have more California teams in the tournament especially with the College Cup being in San Jose this year. I would love to see 4 California schools there. This is going to be a fun season.

What’s the date? Would love to take my girls to that one

August 29th at 5pm. It's a Thursday night double header with $C. Should be a good chance to see 4 talented teams battle it out. I actually get to see my two favorite teams in the same night. UCLA and whoever is playing $C.....

I can't imagine there is a better single venue ticket prior to the College Cup in terms of getting to see 3 legitimate contenders for the national title. Well 2 legitimate contenders and $C.

So they are playing one of their most important non-conference home games practically on the USC campus? Just classic.

It's a double header and they are anticipating it to be t0o many people for their home stadium's capacity. It helps $C more because they have such a small stadium.

$C is even doing a Hawaii trip like the Bruins and Pepperdine are except they are playing USF and Hawaii instead of Pepperdine and Hawaii (or UCLA and Wazzu in Pep's case). It should be a fun trip for the players but not much of a soccer challenge.

It's a double header and they are anticipating it to be t0o many people for their home stadium's capacity. It helps $C more because they have such a small stadium.
Wow, I just zoomed in on the satellite map, USC's football/soccer stadium is tiny and the seating is oddly not centered on the field. At least UCLA has a semi-decent football stadium. Then there is Peppedine...

Wow, I just zoomed in on the satellite map, USC's football/soccer stadium is tiny and the seating is oddly not centered on the field. At least UCLA has a semi-decent football stadium. Then there is Peppedine...

Their football team plays in the Coliseum. McAllister field on campus is what you are looking at and it is the soccer teams field and is tiny. They don't play UCLA there. The last 3 times that they have played at $C it was at the Coliseum, and Stubhub both times my kid played them as the away team.

https://longbeachstate.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=203

I have to give Long Beach State some credit. They are really pushing to be prepared for a tournament run this season.Their first 3 games are against Arizona, UCLA and Penn State (3 tournament teams from last year) then they have Nebraska, Ole Miss, San Diego State and BYU (3 of them were tournament teams last year). I love how Mauricio doesn't shy away from great competition. Long Beach State is a great option for kids that want to stay in SoCal (disclaimer my spouse went to Long Beach St. for her undergrad degree).

https://longbeachstate.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=203

I have to give Long Beach State some credit. They are really pushing to be prepared for a tournament run this season.Their first 3 games are against Arizona, UCLA and Penn State (3 tournament teams from last year) then they have Nebraska, Ole Miss, San Diego State and BYU (3 of them were tournament teams last year). I love how Mauricio doesn't shy away from great competition. Long Beach State is a great option for kids that want to stay in SoCal (disclaimer my spouse went to Long Beach St. for her undergrad degree).
How are their facilities... Just curious?

How are their facilities... Just curious?

They seem pretty good to me. I think that the stands hold about 2k people. The coach is good. He does well with the talent that he has. I can only imagine what he would do if he got similar talent to what the big 4 PAC 12 schools and Santa Clara get.

19 days until the Stanford vs. Missouri scrimmage kicks off the PAC 12 exhibition season!
Does Mizzou field decent teams? My friends friend's son played football there a couple years ago got my daughter a Mizzou women's soccer t-shirt I heard they don't have a men's soccer program

Back