2019 Women's D1 Soccer Talk!!!!

Based on what? Everyone's 0-0-0 records?

Massey made its reputation as a paid website that supposedly helped gamblers win point-spread bets. I'm not sure how that applies to college soccer.

Read between the lines. If you bothered to research anything before you jumped and started hacking away at your keyboard you might answer your own questions instead of being forever the......

....CONTRARIAN

How about this. You come up with your preseason rankings so that we can ask you a bunch of circular questions about them? That will be entertaining and maybe just maybe it will force you to Google shit yourself and add to the conversation instead of you being incessantly contrarian.

I look forward to your offering.

Read between the lines. If you bothered to research anything before you jumped and started hacking away at your keyboard you might answer your own questions instead of being forever the......

....CONTRARIAN

How about this. You come up with your preseason rankings so that we can ask you a bunch of circular questions about them? That will be entertaining and maybe just maybe it will force you to Google shit yourself and add to the conversation instead of you being incessantly contrarian.

I look forward to your offering.

Everybody is tied for first.

And last.

Colorado at 15? Their non-conference schedule is always loaded with cupcakes which in turn drags down their RPI. How do they start out at 15?

I guess that this year they made some changes to prevent a repeat of last year. They were much better than the teams that my kid's team played in the first 3 rounds including the Sweet 16. They won their first 3 games in complete blowouts and Colorado was able to put up a fight and was a much better game. Massey's rating are considered the best from what I hear from people in the know.

They are only ratings however. Personally I think that the #3 team is the favorite this year based upon the conversations I have heard.

The Swiss are sneaky?:D She has an impressive resume. It will be interesting to see how she compares to the rest of her team.

The problem is that they are so deep. They are set at 3 of their 4 defensive positions although Paul has a philosophy of adapting his formation in order to get the best 10 field players in the game at the same time.

Never seen her play. How is she?

I haven't seen her play either which is probably why I missed the announcement. Paul is good at collecting players. Some are unicorns, some are very good. We will see soon which she is but I don't think that she will be displacing either of their central defenders, at least until midseason......

I see Pep as better than last season.
Sweet 16.
You heard it here 1st.
You heard it here:

WCC champ - BYU
Runner up - Pepperdine
Sleeper of the WCC - Portland
Most improved - Pacific
*3 teams advance to NCAA this year (BYU, Pepp, SC)

Pep lost 2 drafted NWSL players and a really experienced goalie. Do well in pre-season and I’m a believer. BYU the team to beat. Top 3.

BYU gets kids back from their missions. What are they 25 years old? Makes them mature and tough. Top 3.

Santa Clara loses their best player but replenishes w kids part of the WNT program. Top 3.

Pacific is young with increasing number of so cal girls. Will finally crawl out of the wcc cellar. Maybe lower middle of the pack this year.

St. Mary’s loses best defender to Pepp and lots of asst coaches in the last few years. A very unstable program right now w a lame duck coach. Need to start well fast or risk completely falling apart by WCC start. Bottom 2.

Portland got some decent transfers and returns some good players. Will challenge the big 3. Great atmosphere in Portland. Upper Middle of pack.

USF should be good with few losses. Middle of pack.

USD . Still in transformation mode with new coach but returns redshirt senior Moses. Solid team. Middle of pack.

LMU - always a threat with many so cal players. Middle of pack.

Gonzaga - lost all their senior starters . Bottom of table this year. Had a great season last year. Bottom 2.

Lots of wcc vs. pac-12 schools. Winning a good number of those battles will elevate the conference hence my reasoning for three bids. But who really knows.

Should be a lot of fun. My kid has two of your top 3 on their non-conference schedule and their first scrimmage in 29 days is against LMU. I like Santa Clara to win it and Pepperdine to surprise and finish second and BYU 3rd. Same teams different order. BYU should be solid all around but not spectacular. I think that BYU has a weaker non-conference schedule than the other two and they open the season with Santa Clara on the road and then Pepperdine comes to town 4 days later (Saturday game then a Wednesday game due to BYU not playing on Sunday). That is a tough stretch that could even see them lose or draw Pacific which is who they play that following Saturday after playing Pepperdine.

It is going to be a fun season for the WCC and it's doubtful that they will get screwed over like they did last year only getting 2 bids.

Should be a lot of fun. My kid has two of your top 3 on their non-conference schedule and their first scrimmage in 29 days is against LMU. I like Santa Clara to win it and Pepperdine to surprise and finish second and BYU 3rd. Same teams different order. BYU should be solid all around but not spectacular. I think that BYU has a weaker non-conference schedule than the other two and they open the season with Santa Clara on the road and then Pepperdine comes to town 4 days later (Saturday game then a Wednesday game due to BYU not playing on Sunday). That is a tough stretch that could even see them lose or draw Pacific which is who they play that following Saturday after playing Pepperdine.

It is going to be a fun season for the WCC and it's doubtful that they will get screwed over like they did last year only getting 2 bids.
Unlike last year, we’re coming out of the gate hot. Wish UC Riverside game was our scrimmage instead of USC. Hoping that doesn’t bite us in the a$$ come tournament time.

Back