2018 ODP West Schedule is out.

are the final rosters posted
It should be pretty easy to tell what the final rosters are given the bulk in most ages groups are DA players. I understand the automatic invites for players that made the final cut in the Spring and that there are going to be some worthy players left off the list and some players on the list that you want to scratch your head, but when our money that is going to Calsouth to scout players is obviously not spent on scouting why even pretend to scout players? Why not just entirely use the Spring list instead of wasting money in the winter for this alleged scouting. If you think I am bitter then yes. I hate to see money wasted for this bs and when you have a player on the list that has not played soccer in over a year, the people in charge need to be held accountable. I would rather have the money spent on these scouts go to charity. Is there somewhere that lists these alleged scouts?

It should be pretty easy to tell what the final rosters are given the bulk in most ages groups are DA players. I understand the automatic invites for players that made the final cut in the Spring and that there are going to be some worthy players left off the list and some players on the list that you want to scratch your head, but when our money that is going to Calsouth to scout players is obviously not spent on scouting why even pretend to scout players? Why not just entirely use the Spring list instead of wasting money in the winter for this alleged scouting. If you think I am bitter then yes. I hate to see money wasted for this bs and when you have a player on the list that has not played soccer in over a year, the people in charge need to be held accountable. I would rather have the money spent on these scouts go to charity. Is there somewhere that lists these alleged scouts?

I didn't know DA could play ODP

This may be true for 04 players, but there are only a handful of 05's playing DA with the larger portion of 05's rostered as DP's. What money are you wasting? Is it the club costs you are complaining about because you don't pay for ODP. Just trying to understand your comments.

This may be true for 04 players, but there are only a handful of 05's playing DA with the larger portion of 05's rostered as DP's. What money are you wasting? Is it the club costs you are complaining about because you don't pay for ODP. Just trying to understand your comments.

ODP is not free, there is a cost to tryout for ODP $100 or so. Once you are selected for the final team then there is no cost for the kids to play. Grant it, it is a fraction of what it cost to play club soccer.

ODP is not free, there is a cost to tryout for ODP $100 or so. Once you are selected for the final team then there is no cost for the kids to play. Grant it, it is a fraction of what it cost to play club soccer.
You are correct, not free but only $100 and you get Nike issued uniform, meals and travel covered. Pretty close to free in my book. Especially since you pay 10x that for club and still have to pay for a uniform and into a team fund account too! I'll take the $100 deal any day of the week.

Yale, Duke, Columbia charge $80 for a college application, Stanford charge $90. That's just to fill out some paper, nothing in return. You don't have to pay and waste effort if you don't want to attend these schools. You don't see the parents applying complaining about the cost, and if their kids are not academically fit for these institutions, they wouldn't apply either. Can this same mentality apply to soccer? Spend your money as you see fit

How do the kids get to Arizona? Are parents cost's covered too?
Kids' travel/hotel costs are covered by Cal South. There is a meal fee of about $100 for the 4 days, but that's it. Parents costs aren't covered, but they actually aren't supposed to stay at the same hotel as the kids or travel with them (the team travels and stays in the hotel as a unit), so parent travel to watch the games is really optional.

My point is that the scouts are not doing their job. No kids that are playing DA should be on this list because they are not eligible for ODP and yet the bulk of the players listed are playing DA.

Regarding the costs, everyone that has a child that plays with a Calsouth players card is funding this program. If you did not realize it, part of the fee to play rec or competitive soccer goes to fund Calsouth and their programs including ODP. I for one don't mind that some of my money goes to the ODP program so that our region can prove that we are #1 but I do mind paying for scouts that are not doing their job. Gosh the least they can do is make sure everyone on the list is still playing soccer.

Kids' travel/hotel costs are covered by Cal South. There is a meal fee of about $100 for the 4 days, but that's it. Parents costs aren't covered, but they actually aren't supposed to stay at the same hotel as the kids or travel with them (the team travels and stays in the hotel as a unit), so parent travel to watch the games is really optional.

I am okay with not traveling with the kids assuming the team all leaves together with chaperones. I don't agree with not allowing parents to stay at the same hotel.

Back