2018 D1 Women's Soccer Talk!!

Most likely on the Nor Cal soccer board posting for the 100th time why Travis Clarke will lose his job at the end of his contract...

there is an outside chance for a 3 way tie for the conference. Wonder how the NCAA would deal with that?

If BYU wins out, Santa Clara will be invited even if Pepperdine finishes ahead of them.

If Santa Clara finishes 1st, neither Pepperdine or BYU will be invited. Reason: no bigs wins out of conference.

If BYU wins out, Santa Clara will be invited even if Pepperdine finishes ahead of them.

If Santa Clara finishes 1st, neither Pepperdine or BYU will be invited. Reason: no bigs wins out of conference.

Pepp beat Santa Clara a top 10 RPI, and BYU a possible top 50. You don't know what you're talking about.

And with games vs.

86 Portland
155Gonzaga
154Loyola
160 San Diego

There’s not much room to get the rpi better.
I think the finish will be:

1) BYU
2) Pepperdine
3) Santa Clara

Santa Clara will have a higher rpi than Pepperdine and more signature wins and ties than Pepperdine. Committee will select 1 and 3.

This would not be unprecedented. I believe a few years back this happened:

1) Pepp
2) USF
3) Santa Clara

USF was left out.

As Oct 14th

BYU rpi 54
Pepp rpi 51
Santa Clara rpi 8

I stick by what I previously said.
Previously posted...AllWhiteKit disagrees with you...

NCAA – Chris’ 2018 NCAA Tournament Bracket Projection v7 (Through 10/14 Matches)
Leave a reply
* – projected auto-bid winner. This should be the league leader in almost all leagues.

[ ] – Seeds in brackets. Now takes into account current league standing.

America East – Hartford*
AAC – South Florida*, Memphis
Atlantic 10 – Saint Louis*
ACC – [1] North Carolina*, [4] Florida State, [4] Virginia, NC State, [3] Boston College, [3] Duke, Virginia Tech, Clemson
A-Sun – Lipscomb*
Big 12 – [1] Baylor*, [4] Texas, [3] West Virginia, Kansas, Oklahoma State, TCU, Texas Tech
Big East – [2] Georgetown*
Big Sky – Weber State*
Big South – Radford*
Big Ten – Penn State*, Rutgers, Nebraska, Wisconsin, Illinois, Northwestern
Big West – UC Irvine*
CAA – Northeastern*
C-USA – Florida Atlantic*
Horizon – Milwaukee*
Ivy – Harvard*
MAAC – Monmouth*
MAC – Bowling Green*
MVC – Loyola (Ill.)*
Mountain West – Boise State*
NEC – Central Connecticut State*
OVC – Tennessee-Martin*
Pac-12 – [1] Stanford*, [2] USC, UCLA, Arizona, Washington State, Oregon, Colorado
Patriot – Colgate*
SEC – [2] Vanderbilt*, [1] Texas A&M, [3] South Carolina, Mississippi State, [4] Tennessee, Auburn, Arkansas, Ole Miss
SoCon – Samford*
Southland – Central Arkansas*
SWAC – Howard*
Summit – Denver*
Sun Belt – Texas State*
WCC – [2] Santa Clara*, Pepperdine
WAC – UMKC*

Last Five In:

Northwestern
Ole Miss
Illinois
Pepperdine
Clemson

Last Seven Out:

Louisville
Ohio State
Butler
LSU
Providence
BYU
Long Beach State

This entry was posted in Uncategorized on October 15, 2018 by Chris Henderson.
NCAA – Chris’ 2018 NCAA Tournament Bracket Projection v6 (Through 10/12 Matches)
Leave a reply
* – projected auto-bid winner. Will be top ranked RPI team until league has played half of its matches, then reverts to league leader. Most leagues are now listed with league leader as auto-bid winner.

[ ] – Seeds in brackets. Does NOT take into account league finish at this point.

America East – Stony Brook*
AAC – Memphis*, South Florida
Atlantic 10 – Saint Louis*
ACC – [1] North Carolina*, [2] Florida State, [3] Virginia, [2] Boston College, [4] NC State, Duke, Virginia Tech, Clemson, Louisville
A-Sun – Kennesaw State*
Big 12 – [2] Baylor*, [4] Texas, [4] West Virginia, Kansas, Oklahoma State, TCU
Big East – [3] Georgetown*
Big Sky – Weber State*
Big South – Radford*
Big Ten – Penn State*, Rutgers, Nebraska, Wisconsin, Northwestern, Illinois
Big West – Long Beach State*
CAA – Northeastern*
C-USA – Florida Atlantic*, North Texas
Horizon – Milwaukee*
Ivy – Princeton*
MAAC – Monmouth*
MAC – Bowling Green*
MVC – Missouri State*
Mountain West – Boise State*
NEC – Central Connecticut State*
OVC – Tennessee-Martin*
Pac-12 – [1] Stanford*, [3] USC, UCLA, Arizona, Oregon, Washington State, Colorado
Patriot – Navy*
SEC – [2] Vanderbilt*, [1] Texas A&M, [3] South Carolina, [4] Mississippi State, Auburn, Tennessee, Arkansas, Ole Miss
SoCon – Samford*
Southland – Houston Baptist*
SWAC – Howard*
Summit – South Dakota State*
Sun Belt – Texas State*
WCC – [1] Santa Clara*
WAC – UMKC*

LAST FOUR IN

Illinois
Northwestern
Ole Miss
South Florida

LAST NINE OUT

Texas Tech
Saint Joseph’s
Ohio State
Butler
LSU
Providence
BYU
Arizona State
Central Arkansas

http://www.allwhitekit.com/

Let’s not forget about Portland and USF. Both have a shot if they can run the table this weekend. Lots of soccer to played.
You got to be in the RPI top 60 -65 to get considered for the invite or win your league.
Portland #86 not a chance in hell
USF #69 outside shot only if BYU, Pepperdine & Santa Clara go winless from here on.

Agreed, USF and Portland have zero chance unless they win league. Same for the zags. I suspect we will have a clearer picture after this weeks games.

And with games vs.

This would not be unprecedented. I believe a few years back this happened:

1) Pepp
2) USF
3) Santa Clara

USF was left out.

Actually in 2015 San Francisco tied for second with Santa Clara.

PS. BYU, Santa Clara and LMU went to the tournament that year. I'm still bitter.

Agree. Fleming needs UCLA more than they need her. She looked horrible out there on the national stage.
She's (Flemming) a great player, but so is Sanchez.
My point was not to denigrate Flemming, but to highlight the other great talent on that team.
I took my kid to watch UCLA when she was in HS because they get many of the best players in the region, nationally, and internationally.

Absolutely brutal day for injuries in the PAC 12. Sophia Smith with a broken leg is done. Not sure about Macario Halley and Xiao at Stanford. Then WSU loses their best in Haro who was taken from the field in an ambulance with what looked to be a possible major head/neck injury. Prayers for her and Smith

Yeah the Smith injury was brutal. Her boot was on its side at a 90 degree angle on the turf as she planted to shoot. Looked really bad.

Back