2018 D1 Women's Soccer Talk!!

Huge losses for Stanford. If any team can absorb the losses it is them. Sucks to have to excellent players get injured. North Carolina playing a reckless full court press is horrible and is hurting their players development.
Who was injured?

Was there any report on the injuries? Davidson's looked really bad. Xiao, it was hard to tell, but she let out a yelp when she went down. Hope for the best for them. Injuries suck ass.

There wasn’t a report because as you might know top programs are notoriously tight lipped about injuries. My player’s knee getting scoped was never reported. I hope that they both recover fully.

Thursday Predictions: Winners in RED

Air Force vs. Houston
Baylor vs. Butler
Cal St. Northridge vs. Texas Tech
Colorado
vs. Utah Valley
Colorado State vs. Gonzaga
Grand Canyon vs. Portland St.
Indiana vs. Michigan
Loyola Marymount vs. UCLA
Nevada
vs. Hawaii
Purdue vs. Michigan St.
Seattle
vs. Idaho
Stanford vs. Cal Poly
Syracuse vs. Kent St.
Utah vs. Oklahoma
West Virginia
vs. Boston U.
Santa Clara vs. TCU

Fridays Games: Winners in RED

Arizona vs. Cal St. Fullerton
Cal St. Bakerhsfield vs. St. Mary's (Cal.)
California vs. UC Davis
Chicago State vs. Western Illinois
Clemson vs. Miami (FL)
Creighton vs. Oklahoma St.
Florida St.
vs. North Carolina
Fresno St. vs. UC Irvine
Kansas
vs. St. Louis
Kansas State vs. Missouri St.
Maryland vs. Iowa
Minnesota vs. Illinois
New Mexico vs. New Mexico State
Northern Ariz. vs. Arizona St.
Penn St.
vs. Ohio St.
Portland vs. Oregon
Rutgers vs. Nebraska
San Diego St. vs. Pepperdine
Southern California
vs. Long Beach St.
Southern Utah vs. Wyoming
Texas
vs. Texas Rio Grande Valley
UC Riverside vs. San Jose St.
UMKC vs. Iowa St.
Utah St. vs. Eastern Wash.
Washington St.
vs. Montana
Weber St. vs. UC Santa Barbara
Wisconsin vs. Northwestern

I’m interested in the LMU vs UCLA game. LMU is local and I know their coach. But doubt they can keep up with UCLA’s talent.

LMU best UCLA in the spring. UCLA had 13 field players and were missing most of their starters but it was 1-0.

I hope that UCLA wins. Anything can happen in college Soccer.

I’m interested in the LMU vs UCLA game. LMU is local and I know their coach. But doubt they can keep up with UCLA’s talent.
LMU always puts a quality team on the field. I’m not saying they’ll beat UCLA but don’t be surprised if it’s a one goal game or even a tie.

Fridays Games: Winners in RED

Arizona vs. Cal St. Fullerton
Cal St. Bakerhsfield vs. St. Mary's (Cal.)
California vs. UC Davis
Chicago State vs. Western Illinois
Clemson vs. Miami (FL)
Creighton vs. Oklahoma St.
Florida St.
vs. North Carolina
Fresno St. vs. UC Irvine
Kansas
vs. St. Louis
Kansas State vs. Missouri St.
Maryland vs. Iowa
Minnesota vs. Illinois
New Mexico vs. New Mexico State
Northern Ariz. vs. Arizona St.
Penn St.
vs. Ohio St.
Portland vs. Oregon
Rutgers vs. Nebraska
San Diego St. vs. Pepperdine
Southern California
vs. Long Beach St.
Southern Utah vs. Wyoming
Texas
vs. Texas Rio Grande Valley
UC Riverside vs. San Jose St.
UMKC vs. Iowa St.
Utah St. vs. Eastern Wash.
Washington St.
vs. Montana
Weber St. vs. UC Santa Barbara
Wisconsin vs. Northwestern
USC vs. Long Beach state is the game to watch!

LMU always puts a quality team on the field. I’m not saying they’ll beat UCLA but don’t be surprised if it’s a one goal game or even a tie.
Definitely possible. Especially with their roster heavy with So Cal players. But with this earlier UCLA loss and in a game that matters in regards to rankings and maybe some local bragging rights. I can see as Swoosh pointing out a fleury of goals.

It will be interesting to see how seriously $C takes them. I am hoping that they treat them like USD. Long Beach is a good team.

Last official meeting in 2016 went to Long Beach State, I'd say it's serious. Plus it's senior day, earliest senior day of my recent memory.

Last official meeting in 2016 went to Long Beach State, I'd say it's serious. Plus it's senior day, earliest senior day of my recent memory.

Weird to have senior day this early. UCLA will have an early senior day too but that is because the last 3 games are on the road.

Davidson and Xiao. Two of their best players.
I agree with this assessment, but neither has played much this season (Davidson due to USWNT commitments and Xiao due to some other mysterious injury) so I think we will weather this storm:
  • Macario is still making an insane impact despite whatever her nagging injury is,
  • Madison Haley is back (and making an impact),
  • Sophia Smith looks like the real deal, and
  • Jaye Boissier, the NCAA championship hero (or villain depending on your perspective) is back.
It's amazing Stanford is 6-0 at this point given their tough schedule and how many players have had to miss games so far. Though I'd really hate to be missing Davidson come NCAA tournament time. And, for her sake, I hope this injury doesn't keep Davidson from playing with the USWNT in World Cup qualifying next month.

I agree with this assessment, but neither has played much this season (Davidson due to USWNT commitments and Xiao due to some other mysterious injury) so I think we will weather this storm:
  • Macario is still making an insane impact despite whatever her nagging injury is,
  • Jaye Boissier, the NCAA championship hero (or villain depending on your perspective) is back.
It's amazing Stanford is 6-0 at this point given their tough schedule and how many players have had to miss games so far. Though I'd really hate to be missing Davidson come NCAA tournament time. And, for her sake, I hope this injury doesn't keep Davidson from playing with the USWNT in World Cup qualifying next month.
Its really not that amazing if you think about it.
There are two teams on the west coast that dont drop off one bit when a starter goes down.
The players on the bench are just as good.
Literally, its a zero sum gain.
I watched Sanchez play the role of the Canadian, and it was different, but just as good.

Definitely possible. Especially with their roster heavy with So Cal players. But with this earlier UCLA loss and in a game that matters in regards to rankings and maybe some local bragging rights. I can see as Swoosh pointing out a fleury of goals.

It will be a good game regardless of the score. I hope to see a motivated and aggressive team ready to make a statement. I think that this is their first step towards a big run. They learned some things and made some adjustments and know that they only have a few games where they get to have their first choice lineup until the second half of October.

I think that this group will be hitting on all cylinders come the stretch run in league.

I’m going to have to agree with @Ricky Fandango on this one sort of. Stanford got the top recruiting class 3 out of the last 4 years. They play everyone they can get in early in the season to build depth and rest players. When they play the LA schools they stick to their best 16. It doesn’t hurt when players 12-16 are U20 National team players and everyone of the 28 players on the roster is a YNT player! They have talented players that were top 40 in their recruiting classes on their bench that won’t see one minute of PT! The injuries have actually allowed lots more players to play than would ordinarily have.

On a team full of unicorns only the alarcorns may stand out, however, it’s still a team of unicorns...

Back