2018 D1 Women's Soccer Talk!!

The excitement started today when Nerd Nation took down $C on the gridiron this evening :p

But as glorious as that is....definitely looking forward to the games u mentioned (and a few more)as well :)

Agreed- as there are many games today featuring teams w very good records going up against each other.

SC was the business as usual down twice to win.
Nasty tackle on Tierna up in Palo.
Penn State sucks.
UCLA needs to order immediate flu shots for Fleming and Mace, God forbid even a strong cold.
Santa Clara is all coaching hate to admit.

SC was the business as usual down twice to win.
Nasty tackle on Tierna up in Palo.
Penn State sucks.
UCLA needs to order immediate flu shots for Fleming and Mace, God forbid even a strong cold.
Santa Clara is all coaching hate to admit.

$C needs to learn something more than kickball or they are going to lose more than the customary two. You will find Colorado, Wazzu, Arizona and UDub quite a bit more formidable. Relying on kickball just isn’t going to cut it in conference play. Plenty of defend and counter teams that are solid on set pieces.

I thought Stanford demonstrated that they can deal with multiple styles this weekend. I thought that North Carolina was shown to be very one dimensional. I wonder how sick Pinto will get of playing crap soccer. She has a soccer brain and would fit in much better with Virginia, UCLA, Stanford or even Florida State.

Took the family to UCLA vs Pep game on Friday to watch Fleming. My daughter is all about Fleming . Unfortunately she was out, however we were impressed with freshman Reyes. She is legit. Confident on the ball and scored a great goal. Sanchez was at another level with the ball at her feet. Love to watch her play. Entertaining game but UCLA had too many weapons. The new stadium is a great place to watch a game.

Cal benches 1st string goalie and makes a few other changes. They beat Oklahoma but now those benched girls may never see the field again after that horrible stretch, which included a loss to UCSB. ......the reality of college soccer.

Cal benches 1st string goalie and makes a few other changes. They beat Oklahoma but now those benched girls may never see the field again after that horrible stretch, which included a loss to UCSB. ......the reality of college soccer.

When you go to a top program in a top conference these are the realities that you deal with. It’s the Hunger Games and there are winners and losers and mommy and daddy’s check book can’t fix it.

What's the take on the 'new NCAA recruiting rules' with regard to a coach giving a prospect a campus tour while in season (if that even makes a difference) and if doable, are there any limitations as far as amount of time spent on tour, etc.? DD and I have an opportunity for a road trip and want to make the best if it. Thanks in advance for the insight.

Huge losses for Stanford. If any team can absorb the losses it is them. Sucks to have to excellent players get injured. North Carolina playing a reckless full court press is horrible and is hurting their players development.

Back