2018-2019 SW ECNL Conference Discussion

Discussion in 'ECNL' started by GoWest, May 7, 2018.

1. Desert Hound

Desert Hound Silver

Ratings:
    +442 / 14
    Actually the original question was in relation to AZ and what is going on with the various teams there. It was not and the answers were not what is a better league (DA or ECNL) etc. Right now the best talent has gone to DA in AZ. The remaining talent is split between ECNL and DPL. At least at some age groups it is not clear if the ECNL teams are stronger or the DPL teams are stronger.

In this area we probably have enough talent for 2 maybe 3 teams. What we have now essentially are 6 teams per age group (DA, ECNL and DPL). At the age group I know best I can tell you that the current ECNL or DPL teams are not nearly as strong as last years Sereno ECNL team nor are they as strong as del Sol DA or RSL DA. We are experiencing major dilution.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Fact

Fact Silver

Ratings:
    +1,100 / 37
    Best post I have seen in a long time. Worth repeating!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Just A Dad

Just A Dad Bronze

Ratings:
    +25 / 1
    Agree Del Sol DA is top in AZ in all age groups.

4. CrazySocccer

CrazySocccer Bronze

Ratings:
    +2 / 2
    For the age groups I am aware of the ECNL teams are probably a little stronger. RSLs DPL teams had to dig pretty deep into players that were on state league 2 teams. I also know coaching played into some of those decisions.

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  5. push_up

push_up Bronze

Ratings:
    +251 / 12
    AZ is able to support one competitive DA club (Tier 1) and one competitive ECNL club (Tier 2). The rest are koolaid drinking parents and employment for coaches and clubs.

6. Mystery Train

Mystery Train Silver Elite

Ratings:
    +1,491 / 9
    Big weekend coming up with every club in action for the first time this season. Should be a good indicator of where everyone stacks up, no matter what age group you're looking at. Strikers, Blues, and Heat all have 5 teams in the top 4 (playoff positions) of their age groups. LAFC Slammers right there with them with 4 teams.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Desert Hound

Desert Hound Silver

Ratings:
    +442 / 14
    Truth be told our ECNL clubs are digging deep as well.

I think this is close to being correct. Possibly ONE more club. But 2 has always seemed about right.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Mystery Train

Ratings:
    +1,491 / 9
    Now that we're about halfway through the fall stretch of games, looks like we've got a legit challenger to the Blues' throne of age-wide dominance in the league: LAFC Slammers has teams in the top 2 positions of every age group now. Both clubs have 3 teams sitting in first. That's going to make Oct 21st a very, very fun weekend with a ton of talent on display when these two clubs go head-to-head. Also underscores what a win it was for ECNL to pull them away from DA.

A lot of parity below those two in the SW conference with a few surprising results here and there throughout the age groups. Special shout out to DMCV Sharks U17 this past weekend. Against that Blues team, getting a draw is a huge deal.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Lambchop

Lambchop Silver

Ratings:
    +367 / 24
    Clubs left DA because of $$$$$$$, don't think it was anything but that. It is always about the $$$$!

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. sdklutz

sdklutz

Ratings:
    +120 / 3
    You could probably say the same thing about all of the clubs that chose DA over their previous league affiliation. I would assume $ is the driving force behind most club soccer decisions...but that’s okay. We just need to be aware of what’s going on so we can make good decisions.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Desert Hound

Desert Hound Silver

Ratings:
    +442 / 14
    In the U14 and U15 age group kind of surprising to see Blues and the regular Slammers (NOT LAFC) in the positions where they are. Did those teams lose players?

12. MyDaughtersAKeeper

MyDaughtersAKeeper

Ratings:
    +890 / 16
    Blues '05 ECNL team is the 2nd team (DA is 1st), and I believe they had a large roster turn over. I don't believe they had a lot of success in summer tournaments, but that just may be a reflection of trying to get all of the new players to gel. They have talent.

13. SocalPapa

SocalPapa

Ratings:
    +561 / 14
    Just saw that the Blues' U16, U17 and U19 ECNL teams combined have outscored their opponents 67-7 so far. Congrats to the Blues, but I can't imagine anyone is served by such a lack of parity. Sad to see what girls soccer has become.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. azsnowrider

azsnowrider Bronze

Ratings:
    +40 / 0
    Well 24 of those goals came against the 2 U17 ECNL teams here in the AZ. I'm still trying to understand whats going on here with the U17 age group. Both U17 ECNL teams combined have played 14 games and won 1. I think this is a perfect example of dilution here in AZ.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. OldSpeed

OldSpeed Bronze

Ratings:
    +49 / 0
    Save the Special Shoutout the Sharks didn’t play Blues Baker 02 lol

16. Mystery Train

Ratings:
    +1,491 / 9
    Interesting. Why was that?

17. OldSpeed

OldSpeed Bronze

Ratings:
    +49 / 0
    Both Blues 01/02 Baker teams will be competing into U19 &U19 composite age group for more competitive games.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Mystery Train

Ratings:
    +1,491 / 9
    From the score in the U18/19 game, might need to try the WPSL for a more competitive game.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Dos Equis

Dos Equis Silver

Ratings:
    +912 / 15
    They did keep a few of their most talented players on their U17 ECNL roster. Are these players playing up every weekend (as is permitted) ? Seems like a roster strategy to hedge their bets, and have the needed talent on the U17 team to post wins when/if they need them late in the season.

Applaud the search for competitive games and putting the players first. Shame in such a talent rich market as Socal we cannot put together a concentrated bracket of talent at each age group.

I have heard from college recruiters/coaches that the 2020 class may be one of the best ever. Looking at the three Blues rosters from U17-U19, filled with 2020's, perhaps they are right.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Toepoke

Toepoke Bronze

Ratings:
    +97 / 4
    The main thing incorrect with this is believing that the 02 team would get challenged more playing composite teams. The 02 team would dominate even more if it played composite teams. Just look at the composite result from the Blues vs DMCV game.

• Agree Agree x 2