2018-2019 SW ECNL Conference Discussion

Discussion in 'ECNL' started by GoWest, May 7, 2018.

1. shales1002

shales1002 Silver

Ratings:
    +562 / 13
    SoCal is setting up the leagues other than the bogus DPL. How is that a better choice?

• Like Like x 1
  2. GoWest

GoWest Silver

Ratings:
    +548 / 11
    That's really not hard to do. A few clubs here simply need to make a phone call, to DA or ECNL and voice their concerns that SoCal families don't need to travel and it's a done deal. I can only imagine NorCal feels the same?

3. shales1002

shales1002 Silver

Ratings:
    +562 / 13
    A part of the experience is the travel component. The only complaints I’m seeing in NorCal are about GDA and traveling to blow someone out the water. That’s not happening in NV or AZ for the majority of teams.We will let you guys keep thinking we are an easy win if that makes you feel better.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Desert Hound

Desert Hound Bronze

Ratings:
    +345 / 12
    They are not the ones setting up these leagues. But they are certainly the ones signing on to these "national leagues".

I also hear people (not you) complaining about having to travel for playoffs. Many stating well we are the best...playoffs should be here. Again...these are national leagues and the playoffs should be held in different venues/states.

It seems to me the clubs like the prestige of playing in a national league...as do most of the parents. If they didn't then these clubs and parents would not be so eager to join and then have to travel.

Go stop by the Slammers website. Very quickly you will find out how many state, regional and more importantly to them national championships they have. Clubs and parents want these leagues and certainly seem willing to travel to play in them. Correct me if I am wrong but there seems to be at least a little demand for it ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. MarkM

MarkM Bronze

Ratings:
    +184 / 13
    My confusion - I should have said "join." They should have told DA and ECNL that they will join, but only if you keep the conference games local.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Desert Hound

Desert Hound Bronze

Ratings:
    +345 / 12
    At that point though...if they only wanted to keep things local, then why join DA or ECNL in the first place. So Cal had some great leagues in place before ECNL came around and those were certainly local.

Clearly the clubs and parents wanted something more at that time. The idea of being in a national league was attractive. Clubs were offered spots in ECNL, some turned it down. Later when clubs realized ECNL was a quality product then more clubs wanted in. Unfortunately by that time that ship had sailed and they were on the outside looking in.

7. MarkM

MarkM Bronze

Ratings:
    +184 / 13
    I like the travel component - in limited doses. Don't need it for league games - just a few national events. I too feel bad for the NorCal parents. Traveling to Idaho? You got to be kidding me.

37-63-29

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. vegasguy

vegasguy Bronze

Ratings:
    +40 / 1
    You are right preparing your child for the future by being responsible and traveling independently is a bad thing. I really want to got to college and pack his books every day for college I also (if he is fortunate enough) want to make sure his gloves guards and boots are ready for his training while in college. I may live in the dorm with him.
    My son has been traveling to camps where he is responsible for himself, traveling by plane for a bit without me walking down the jetway with him since he was 10. I think it makes him a better person. Heat girls team travel and responsible to get to bed, wake up and be prepared all on their own and when they break the rules their are real consequences. This is part of the ECNL experience. Parents do not need to travel and Heat is developing more than athletes.
    I choose to let my child travel to play again our it is our choice and the choice of many others.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. shales1002

shales1002 Silver

Ratings:
    +562 / 13
    Thanks for the 2016/17 stats when ECNL was truly the best and the majority of SoCal talent was playing in 8 clubs. NV Definitely won ALOT more this season! Hell, Heat 04 lost 1 game in league and allowed 6 or 7 goals the entire season per TopDrawer Soccer. Three of the goals came when GK was at national camp. So, thanks dilution! Playing field has been leveled!

As Vegas guy stated, Heat team travels. There’s a lot to be learned from that experience. Especially money management. DDs become real cheap when they have to spend money.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Really!?!

Really!?!

Ratings:
    +56 / 5
    Gotta love that GK unless you are playing against her!

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. GoWest

GoWest Silver

Ratings:
    +548 / 11
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  12. Bruddah IZ

Bruddah IZ Silver Elite

Ratings:
    +7,177 / 86
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. MakeAPlay

MakeAPlay Silver Elite

Ratings:
    +5,130 / 80
    I agree with you. Traveling for league games and showcases in the ECNL SW conference made the transition to the travel at high level D1 much easier and more familiar to my player. Good luck to you and your player.

Vegas , NorCal and Phoenix were always nice trips.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. GoWest

GoWest Silver

Ratings:
    +548 / 11
    @BigSoccer - a good question. There are a couple clubs that potentially might work:

Albion SC LV all age groups on boys / girls sides:
    http://home.gotsoccer.com/rankings/club.aspx?ClubID=27060

LVSA all age groups in boys / girls sides but I think they were kicked out of ECNL a few years ago?
    http://home.gotsoccer.com/rankings/club.aspx?ClubID=4238

Players all age groups on boys side. Missing oldest team on girls side but easy fix for 2019-2020 season:
    http://home.gotsoccer.com/rankings/club.aspx?ClubID=4266

So, it looks like there are options but.....
    1) Do the clubs have any interest in ECNL?
    2) Can they be competitive reasonably soon or is market too shallow?
    3) Is ECNL interested enough to take a chance?

Two clubs / games in Vegas would seem more palatable IMO as far as travel goes.