2018-2019 DPL Season

Discussion in 'Girls Development Academy' started by Woobie06, Jul 21, 2018.

1. Desert Hound

Desert Hound Silver

Ratings:
    +406 / 13
    DPL for league games only allows 1 game per day. Double fixture weekends are OK as long as there is at least 18 hours between kick off times.

2. Penalty Kicks Stink

Penalty Kicks Stink Silver

Ratings:
    +187 / 10
    Anyone know why Pats cancelled all their DPL games?

3. timbuck

timbuck

Ratings:
    +2,488 / 25
    What you talking about Willis?
    I see some Oct 28th cancellations. But the rest of their games still appear on the schedule. Some with "TBD" for location.
    There are quite a few TBD games across the clubs in Spring.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Arnie3

Arnie3 Bronze

Ratings:
    +51 / 0
    If a PT keeper plays in a DA game, they would not be eligible to play in any other game on the same day. For example, for PT players, they could play in a DA game on Saturday and then a DPL game on Sunday. For DA, they would not want that same keeper/player to then play in a DA game on Monday (3 consecutive games/days).

5. Woobie06

Woobie06

Ratings:
    +96 / 0
    DPL Rules allow for a loaned keeper to play in 2 games per day. There is a GK Amendment for this. Meaning if the GK is borrowed they can play for their DPL team and an older DPL team, or their CSL/SCDSL/Other and play a DPL game as a loaned player - 2 Games in a day. I would think it applies to a scenario where a DPL keeper is brought up to play a DA game (same age or older) and has a DPL game same day. That is what the rules read and how I interpret them. DPL is not DA as so many have mentioned, and not run by DA, so from a DA perspective the DP has played in one game. It seems like quite a gray area, and I would confirm with club administration. Is somebody really going to complain or attempt to flag a club from borrowing a keeper for a game due to a injury, etc.? Probably...but it would be a better game with a "real" keeper versus a field player subbing in.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018 at 12:54 PM