2017-2018 D1 Women's Soccer Talk!

$C 1-0 over Long Beach St. UCLA 8-1 over Cal State Bakersfield and believe it or not it wasn't that close.
CSUB.....Bakersfield....lol. Why did UCLA even waste their time? Unless it's Seattle, everyone else in the WAC are really DII level. Sorry but GC should be doing more with that SoCal based program 3 years in now. 8-1.....welcome to "big girl soccer"

CSUB.....Bakersfield....lol. Why did UCLA even waste their time? Unless it's Seattle, everyone else in the WAC are really DII level. Sorry but GC should be doing more with that SoCal based program 3 years in now. 8-1.....welcome to "big girl soccer"

How do you define "DII level"?

It's Bakersfield. They are lucky to even be able to field a team have you been to that armpit?!

From what I understand, they got a chance to play everybody that was healthy. Fleming only played the first 30 minutes and left when it was 2-0. It was starting to get rocky and then the wheels fell off. In all fairness to them we are talking about a team that might be the most talented in the country. They have a lot of attacking options.

It's Bakersfield. They are lucky to even be able to field a team have you been to that armpit?!
I know that there are a lot of really talented boys up in that area so I would imagine the same is true for girls. If a kid wants to stay close to home or a free ride to a college, don't mock them. There are many valid reasons a kid would go there.

UCLA is so deep, perhaps Bakersfield first 11 could keep themselves close....but once the second line was put in UCLA's depth should have, & did, blow poor Bakersfield out of the water.

I know that there are a lot of really talented boys up in that area so I would imagine the same is true for girls. If a kid wants to stay close to home or a free ride to a college, don't mock them. There are many valid reasons a kid would go there.
Bakersfield was home to Buck Owens and Merle Haggard, and the "Bakersfield sound" revolutionized country music.
Whether you like country or not, that dusty farm town produced legends in the music industry.
Who's to say it cant produce a great soccer team someday?

That said, I was surprised UCLA gave up a goal.

Bakersfield was home to Buck Owens and Merle Haggard, and the "Bakersfield sound" revolutionized country music.
Whether you like country or not, that dusty farm town produced legends in the music industry.
Who's to say it cant produce a great soccer team someday?

That said, I was surprised UCLA gave up a goal.
Korn hails from Bakersfield as well. As do Casey Mears & Kevin Harvick of NASCAR fame.

Back