2017-2018 D1 Women's Soccer Talk!

I heard the beep test is easier with the upperclassmen, because they will set the pace for the 1st 10 levels. Where as the freshmen haven't mastered it yet and go out to fast in the beginning stages.

You are also allowed to miss a level so they use a "rest" level as they start getting up there in their reps.

You are also allowed to miss a level so they use a "rest" level as they start getting up there in their reps.
Yup, I saw that on a UCLA beep test video and shared that tip with my DD already.

Another tip is when turning at the half way mark to alternate left and right foot when pushing off. It helps to balance out a weary leg. DD will be using that tip next time ;)

My player said that one of her roommates blasted a 56 and only took her rest lap at like 50. Broke the school record on her first try! I think HAO has the national team record of like 65 or so.

My player said that one of her roommates blasted a 56 and only took her rest lap at like 50. Broke the school record on her first try! I think HAO has the national team record of like 65 or so.
Anything above 40 is well above the average womens college player. Anything above level 50 is ludicrous mode.

Is the beep test anything like the Man U test?
The Man U is another form of conditioning test. I believe the Man U is based on 100 yards and timed. The Nike Spark YoYo test aka beep test is based on 20 meters (22 yards) running back and forth. Time allowed at the start of the test is 14 seconds and decreases over time when the players get tired. Each stage "completed" is a level. I think they the players have 10 secs to recover from each stage, before repeating.

You sound ready, how is your daughter's injury?

She will be ready to go. She is expecting to have a big season. 7 weeks of rest has done wonders for her. She has a couple more weeks of summer school left and she has gotten to hang out with some of her friends that are home for the summer. I would say that she is the most focused that I have ever seen her. Her team going to be a little under the radar this season but I have been told to book my flights to Orlando for late November early December. Good luck to you and your player.

She will be ready to go. She is expecting to have a big season. 7 weeks of rest has done wonders for her. She has a couple more weeks of summer school left and she has gotten to hang out with some of her friends that are home for the summer. I would say that she is the most focused that I have ever seen her. Her team going to be a little under the radar this season but I have been told to book my flights to Orlando for late November early December. Good luck to you and your player.
"Under the radar" LOL.

"Under the radar" LOL.

It's all relative. Relative to being the odds on favorite before the events of the spring. Yeah I would say under the radar is fair. I am hearing that Penn St. is the "favorite" now and they are picked to finish 2nd in their conference. They are still being called a top 5 team but they would have been favored against the field had the spring gone a little different I like that they get all of their tough conference games at home but one and that is a revenge game. Good luck to your player this season except on September 15th.

Man U practice test at Pepperdine this morning. Nervously awaiting word of results. Why am I nervous? I'm not running the darn thing.

Man U practice test at Pepperdine this morning. Nervously awaiting word of results. Why am I nervous? I'm not running the darn thing.

Dang a practice test this close to the real thing!! The WCC is going to be quite the battle this year. Let me know how it turns out. Good luck to your player!

Mine isn't up there yet but she's been running it once a week for the last 5-6 weeks. She's almost made the minimum to get out of breakfast club :eek: I'm nervous for your DD too!! LOL

Back