2017-2018 D1 Women's Soccer Talk!

I didnt mean that Im a loser, lol.
I dont think I am, at least not a complete loser.
I do appreciate the sentiment, though, amigo.
Says more about you, than me.

I was commenting on the commercial.
I just saw a bunch of superstars making the case that defeat lit their fire.
It may have. I know MJ was cut from his HS team, and thats mind boggling to me.

I just didnt think the commercial was that great.
By that, I meant you are a decent and thoughtful person.
Most people are, if you get to know them.

Everybody has a loser story. Look at me, Im a plumber.
I get it, but didnt really set a fire with me.
Maybe thats why Im a plumber.

The idea behind it is that in sports you lose sometimes in the biggest situations or don't even get to compete. Among many of the best that lights a fire.

My players season although good ended in a disappointing way last year. She liked it and got the message. Three weeks and counting.

The idea behind it is that in sports you lose sometimes in the biggest situations or don't even get to compete. Among many of the best that lights a fire.

My players season although good ended in a disappointing way last year. She liked it and got the message. Three weeks and counting.
The commerical is also about character and how an individual deals with adversity. Do they give up or use the experience as motivation to be great. It's why Matt Ryan was last in the commercial training hard in the off season after his Falcons were up by 25 points and lost the Super Bowl.

Just dropped my kid off at the beach this past Independence Day weekend for summer school. This $ is getting real...

It's the beginning of a new chapter for your player. It gets better for you. I heard that your daughter's teammate that you and I had discussed is a solid player. I heard that she has a chance to contribute. It might be tough for her to earn minutes right away but the ability is there.

Good luck to you and your player.

It's the beginning of a new chapter for your player. It gets better for you. I heard that your daughter's teammate that you and I had discussed is a solid player. I heard that she has a chance to contribute. It might be tough for her to earn minutes right away but the ability is there.

Good luck to you and your player.
Thank you MAP! Definitely excited and nervous at the same time.

As for that player, she is a baller and will definitely make some noise over there. Needs to learn to take one less touch and either pass or shoot. Will be fun to watch her progress.

Thank you MAP! Definitely excited and nervous at the same time.

As for that player, she is a baller and will definitely make some noise over there. Needs to learn to take one less touch and either pass or shoot. Will be fun to watch her progress.

I had asked my player what she thought of the freshman that she had seen so far and she was one of the names that she mentioned. It's going to be the Hunger Games to get on the field but anybody that is capable will get the chance to prove themselves. Again good luck to you and your player is going to definitely dig the location. Safe travels back home.

What I am learning. A lot "more" emphasis on strength and conditioning at the college level. I gonna say more so than ball work.

The national champs had a powerlifting squad!
Unless a poster like GKrent who already had an older DD who played college soccer. Club parents have no idea just how much strength and conditioning their DDs will be doing at the college level. My DD got to level 30 on her 1st Nike beep test. Yet, she is doing additional conditioning on her own to raise her score.

Unless a poster like GKrent who already had an older DD who played college soccer. Club parents have no idea just how much strength and conditioning their DDs will be doing at the college level. My DD got to level 30 on her 1st Nike beep test. Yet, she is doing additional conditioning on her own to raise her score.

It's exactly 2 weeks from the first day of practice. Still some time to improve a little but at this point go time is here!

It's exactly 2 weeks from the first day of practice. Still some time to improve a little but at this point go time is here!
I heard the beep test is easier with the upperclassmen, because they will set the pace for the 1st 10 levels. Where as the freshmen haven't mastered it yet and go out to fast in the beginning stages.

Back