2017-2018 D1 Women's Soccer Talk!

Putting aside the chum in the water, and those who cannot resist it, I would note that we are now in the transition season, and it will be interesting to see what unexpected coaching changes occur. There are relatively few under-performing top programs that need a change, tbut some exist. However, I have heard there may be overperforming programs whose coaches may want to go out on top, and find a different pasture they find greener.

Do tell....

I just heard Michelle French to Portland....

She is 12 almost 13 I believe. She dominated on Boys DA last year in her own age group and n0w plays up 2 years on U15 girls DA and dominates that. Smart move by UNC.

She is 12 almost 13 I believe. She dominated on Boys DA last year in her own age group and n0w plays up 2 years on U15 girls DA and dominates that. Smart move by UNC.
She is an accomplished player from what I have read but this is f ing rediculous. There needs to be some regulation in recruiting. Dorrance started this mess and comtinues to make it worse

She is an accomplished player from what I have read but this is f ing rediculous. There needs to be some regulation in recruiting. Dorrance started this mess and comtinues to make it worse
If a school wants to go put on a limb on a prepubescent kid let them. There is nothing binding so this is just to grab some attention.. and it worked as we are talking about it.

Dorrance heard she was considering Princeton, so he acted fast before they could review her 6th grade transcipt and verify her effort grades. UNC did not want to lose to them twice in one season.

If we can accept this has nothing to do with a child making a decision about the right college, and being a student, then perhaps it really does not matter.

I'm curious as to why Arizona State has had 8 players leave the program recently? Add in 8 graduating seniors and you have 60% of the roster turning over. They finished Near the bottom this year next year is going to be worse!

I'm curious as to why Arizona State has had 8 players leave the program recently? Add in 8 graduating seniors and you have 60% of the roster turning over. They finished Near the bottom this year next year is going to be worse!
I think you touched on something that parents and especially kids need to consider when choosing a school. Would you want to attend the school if you could not play soccer there.

Of course being on scholarship weighs heavily on that decision but it still needs to be discussed.

They were asked to leave the team but are still taking up scholarships. I have heard most of them are staying at ASU so those scholarships won't be freed up. Also heard that they have 12 - 14 new players coming in from various places (international, JUCO and freshman) even though TD shows seven.

They were asked to leave the team but are still taking up scholarships. I have heard most of them are staying at ASU so those scholarships won't be freed up. Also heard that they have 12 - 14 new players coming in from various places (international, JUCO and freshman) even though TD shows seven.

Is that an ASU policy? NCAA does not guarantee scholarships beyond 1 year.

Back