2017-2018 CIF SS Girls High School Thread!

Here it is! Just waiting for Pre-Season rankings to come out! GO EDISON!

I'm assuming you're connected to the Edison program in some manner...I know it's early but what's the word on this year's team?

I'm assuming you're connected to the Edison program in some manner...I know it's early but what's the word on this year's team?

Its looking like a good little squad again this year! I know many people are wondering what is going to happen with many High School programs because of DA...Edison has only lost a couple of players to DA so not really hit hard.

Were you at the match gkrent? What's your take on what you saw (and your statement above)....it's still early, maybe Edison just had a bad match?

Were you at the match gkrent? What's your take on what you saw (and your statement above)....it's still early, maybe Edison just had a bad match?

I was not at the match, but I got a full match report from someone in the know. Edison may just have had a bad match (weather was kind of crappy...long bus ride, etc), and for SURE its early...they lost a 12 seniors last year (6 of which went on to play on the collegiate level) and only about a third of the team has varsity experience so its going to take some time for the coaches to find the right combination that will strike "Charger Gold" :cool:

Last edited:
Aliso Cup Qtr Finals are just about set, anyone have predictions or pulling for any particular team?....Looks like Aliso will play South Hills, Trabuco Hills will play Troy, Santiago (Corona) to play Upland, and not sure what they're going to do with the last Qtr Final as Los Al advanced but I think the fires have prevented the other pool play matches from being played with Hart ahead after first round of pool play....hope everyone impacted by the fires is safe as it really puts things into perspective as to how fast lives can forever be changed. Stay safe everyone!

I was not at the match, but I got a full match report from someone in the know. Edison may just have had a bad match (weather was kind of crappy...long bus ride, etc), and for SURE its early...they lost a 12 seniors last year (6 of which went on to play on the collegiate level) and only about a third of the team has varsity experience so its going to take some time for the coaches to find the right combination that will strike "Charger Gold" :cool:

I watched Edison vs Bishop Amat last night. Charger's offense looked great in the 2nd half. Really good possessions and quick counter attacks. Their offense looks like it could be pretty dangerous once they find their groove. The talent is defintely there and the teamwork looks good in their build up. Gonna be fun watching this group.

p.s. - Chargers won 2-1.

http://www.latimes.com/socal/daily-...-girls-soccer-bishop-amat-20171207-story.html

I watched Edison vs Bishop Amat last night. Charger's offense looked great in the 2nd half. Really good possessions and quick counter attacks. Their offense looks like it could be pretty dangerous once they find their groove. The talent is defintely there and the teamwork looks good in their build up. Gonna be fun watching this group.

I agree that things are looking better! I can see glimmers of Charger Gold!

So the Santiago team referenced in the article, also beat Amat, as well as Edison 4-1....heard it was 4-0 with 15 minutes left in game when Edison got a goal from shot that deflected off a defender and in. Seems like the article attributes the loss to inexperience and youth...was Santiago more than just a team that capitalized on a team that graduated 12 last year?

So the Santiago team referenced in the article, also beat Amat, as well as Edison 4-1....heard it was 4-0 with 15 minutes left in game when Edison got a goal from shot that deflected off a defender and in. Seems like the article attributes the loss to inexperience and youth...was Santiago more than just a team that capitalized on a team that graduated 12 last year?

Why don't you tell us ;)

The Register’s Orange County girls soccer preview.

O.C. TOP 10

1. JSerra: JSerra was the unquestioned top team in the county last season, and will be again this season – and perhaps into the future as well. Many schools were hit by the new developmental academy rule, but JSerra maintained its top talent. The county’s player of the year last season, Isabella D’Aquila, returns along with a young core hungry for more titles.

2. Mater Dei: The Monarchs finished second, behind JSerra, in the Trinity League and lost to the Lions in the CIF-SS Final. Mater Dei lost some strong players but still has a strong and talented core led my Kelly McManus in goal.

3. Huntington Beach: The Oilers, one of the grittier teams in the county last season, made a surprise run to the CIF Regional Final on the strength of defense and goalkeeping. The Oilers will be led from the back again with Alijah Oliver and Brianna Barnes. Xolani Hodel is a sophomore to watch up front.

4. Corona del Mar: The Sea Kings lost a big talent to transfer (Trinity Rodman to JSerra), but CdM will still have firepower up front. Megan Chelf and Ava McKenzie will be relied on to score, while, as usual, CdM has it locked down on the back line with Alyssa McKenzie.

5. Los Alamitos: The Griffins lost some heavy hitters to graduation but will still be in the thick of it in the Sunset League. Los Alamitos has the strength at forward for goal scoring and possession. Vanessa Millsaps is the dynamic leader of the forwards group.

6. Aliso Niguel: The Wolverines were hit hard by the developmental academy. However, the structure remains in place for Aliso Niguel, and that alone is enough to make it a league contender.

7. Tesoro: The Titans also lost some top-end talent to the academy, but Tesoro still has its strengths. Madison Hogue is a leader in net, and she will be needed as Tesoro vies with Aliso Niguel for the league title.

8. Troy: The Warriors are led by a strong and experienced senior unit looking for more than league success. Sara Valencia was the Freeway League goalkeeper of the year last season, and the back line is bolstered by Camryn Hurst, the league’s defensive player of the year in 2016-17.

9. Sunny Hills: The Lancers will be hot on Troy’s tail for the league title. Sunny Hills is also led by its structure, defense and set pieces. Games between Sunny Hills and Troy will be tight affairs.

10. Santa Margarita: The Eagles lost 10 top-end players to developmental academies which is a huge blow. Again, another team that can trust in its structure and contend for a playoff spot

Back