2017-2018 CIF San Diego Girls

Dude, she was tripped, feet didn't tangle, she was tripped and fell. Regardless of the level of referee, because no refs make mistakes. I simply said it should have been a foul in the box. Most would agree. You don't have to. Those fellow soccer enthusiast that watch it, say it was still a foul. They missed it, it could have changed the game. I still said it was a good game, no ones perfect. In the end, Eastlake won by converting their pk's, I give them props, it should never had gone that far. My DD is team mates and plays with alot of those girls, they will still be friends. They have seen it and agree. But hey, I got a chance to give my OPINION, sorry you got so butt hurt.
Getting the ball first has minimal relevance as to whether a foul has occurred. There is no reference to making contact with the ball in the section relating to Fouls and Misconduct in the Laws of the Game

That video is the play you are going to bitch about? I've missed easier calls than that. Although in the video it appears that the white player may have tripped blue, I certainly can't tell whether it was careless, and it certainly wasn't reckless. This is after several views of the video. Why even bother to mention it unless you are looking for excuses as to why the game was lost.

I bet you told you daughter all about how the referee's missed that call and that they should have won.
You too don't read too good, simply said that a possible game changer, if the penalty in the box had been call. The Eastlake gk, Glo is a very good and there are no guarantees that Steele would have converted, but it is still a missed call, during the golden goal moment in the game during OT.

Funny how refs get so bent out of shape, I was sitting next to a director of coaching and he felt the call was missed as well as a few Eastlake supporters, as they were saying, refs missed calls on both sides. I simply stated that the one in the box is a possible game changer. No argument there from the fans, just a point. Glow had an amazing game for Eastlake and I know her, so your knee jerk reaction is typical of a referee that swears that they are flawless. Referees make mistakes all the time, I have the video to prove it. the idiot is a ref who thinks they are perfect. (shaking head when people need to comment on every opinion)

I do think it is wrong to blame refs for a loss and because of a reason you may not think of. I think it is disrespectful to the players that bust their butts on the field to say a team won or lost due to the referee’s call. How do you think your daughter would feel if her coach told the team that they only won a game because the ref sucked and missed some fouls by her team?(Charlie would never do this so it is hypothetical). If she is like my daughter, she would be pissed off that someone would disregard the hard work of the players even if they lost and put the blame even if it was one missed call on the ref. When I played in college many moons ago my coach would always tell us, “This is a team game played by individuals. We win or lose by your individual performances. You cannot control how the other team plays, what the referee calls, or how I coach; the only thing you can control is your own play and if each of you do your best we will win as a team.” When I used to coach I would give my team and sometimes the parents that same speech and I never had players or parents yelling at the referee. My 21 year old daughter is coaching 2 club teams GU8 and GU16 and gives the players the same speech. Players do not deserve to be disrespected by blaming a loss on things out of their control.

That video is the play you are going to bitch about? I've missed easier calls than that. Although in the video it appears that the white player may have tripped blue, I certainly can't tell whether it was careless, and it certainly wasn't reckless. This is after several views of the video. Why even bother to mention it unless you are looking for excuses as to why the game was lost.

I bet you told you daughter all about how the referee's missed that call and that they should have won.

Ok - this is getting to me now. I’m trying to have fun here but there’s always some jackhole that has to get personal. ChargerPride you owe me a fruitcake as I keep coming to your defense for some reason!
Gopher - where in chargers post is he seeming to be in any way you are insinuating! He was called out to produce a vid (and he did) of a questionable call. (Clearly a foul from my view - but what do I know). And you have to get all “I bet you went home and told your daughter.... c’mon goph!!
He’s said he has friends on the team. All the kids play together. It’s what it’s all about. Friends/teammates went at it, had a blast, someone had to win/lose and next week they will be practicing together again on their club teams having a great laugh about it all! Keep it clean REF! I love this sh*t! For gods sake, leave charger pride alone!

Slow the video way down and analyze it. SC player pulls her left foot back to kick the ball, EL player toe pokes the ball and does not appear to contact the SC players foot at this point, SC player’s left leg comes forward and contacts EL player’s leg and stumbles forward. I still don’t know where any foul occurred. Knowing where the ball was on the field and where the referee should have been positioned, the Referee would have had a much better angle looking at the play then the camera operator.

Slow the video way down and analyze it. SC player pulls her left foot back to kick the ball, EL player toe pokes the ball and does not appear to contact the SC players foot at this point, SC player’s left leg comes forward and contacts EL player’s leg and stumbles forward. I still don’t know where any foul occurred. Knowing where the ball was on the field and where the referee should have been positioned, the Referee would have had a much better angle looking at the play then the camera operator.

I do think it is wrong to blame refs for a loss and because of a reason you may not think of. I think it is disrespectful to the players that bust their butts on the field to say a team won or lost due to the referee’s call. How do you think your daughter would feel if her coach told the team that they only won a game because the ref sucked and missed some fouls by her team?(Charlie would never do this so it is hypothetical). If she is like my daughter, she would be pissed off that someone would disregard the hard work of the players even if they lost and put the blame even if it was one missed call on the ref. When I played in college many moons ago my coach would always tell us, “This is a team game played by individuals. We win or lose by your individual performances. You cannot control how the other team plays, what the referee calls, or how I coach; the only thing you can control is your own play and if each of you do your best we will win as a team.” When I used to coach I would give my team and sometimes the parents that same speech and I never had players or parents yelling at the referee. My 21 year old daughter is coaching 2 club teams GU8 and GU16 and gives the players the same speech. Players do not deserve to be disrespected by blaming a loss on things out of their control.
Its butt hurt refs like you that get offended by the mere thought that maybe they made a mistake. I know you have to call what you see, and while the AR's didn't flag a chance to call it. I still think and believe that the video shows a foul, a foul while unintentional and where the defense does touch the ball. A foul occured when the defender tripped the opposing player.
Your going off on disrespecting the entire universe on soccer, for an opinion that I have given you video evidence. I agree its a matter of opinion, but don't go all high and mighty like this is some conspiracy to call all referees out and make them bad people and use them as an excuse. I never stated that we lost because of the referees. I know you can not control the referees, the field of play at the time of play or the weather. Yet all still have the chances of making a difference in the game. I would easily have more respect for you to look at a scenario in black and white , I guess you are one of the minority who wouldn't call it a foul. And you have a right to your opinion. I have mine and most agree with me. Your defensive remarks do not look favorable for you. Maybe I should apologize now for having an opinion that goes against yours, heaven forbid you are wrong or the soccer gods will be angry.
It's ref like you that give soccer such a black eye.

Getting the ball first has minimal relevance as to whether a foul has occurred. There is no reference to making contact with the ball in the section relating to Fouls and Misconduct in the Laws of the Game

I can keep repeating like you do, a foul is still a foul.....

You too don't read too good, simply said that a possible game changer, if the penalty in the box had been call. The Eastlake gk, Glo is a very good and there are no guarantees that Steele would have converted, but it is still a missed call, during the golden goal moment in the game during OT.

You brought it up to gripe, not to inform. You don't get to back it down. You made the complaint.

It definitely was not a missed call. Anyone that thinks so is ignorant. A big part of this is the referee's position and when is seen from his location. He almost certainly was in the best position of the 3 to view the play. Whether there was a foul or not is the referee's judgment. Period. If you have a well trained referee, in a good position to view the play and exercise his judgement, you need to just accept it. Throw up a video that shows what my be a trip but we by no means a certain foul (careless or worse trip), and still insist it was a missed call, and that makes you an ignorant parent determined to prove it.

Sounds to me like a self righteous parent (oh and, surprise, a DOC) who is never going to get called into account for a decision like that. It is really easy to sit in the stands and say what you think. It is really hard to do it on the field when every step, almost literally, is being judged. And in this somewhat close situation, where it appears to be purely a judgement call, the untrained, biased person sitting 50+ yards away, who never gets second guessed, always thinks they are right.

From what I can see in your "evidence", the referee made the right call. If he isn't sure a foul occurred, then he shouldn't blow the whistle. I guarantee that had the jerseys been reversed and he blown the whistle, your sideline would have erupted just the same. I sit on the sidelines, I hear it all the time. It is SHAMELESS AND EMBARRASSING. How can it be that the further people are from the action, the worse the referees are.

At the end of the season party, you guys can all say how you got jobbed and the referee's suck. You can help your daughters feel better about the loss. Maybe there is a missed opportunity in there, but I wonder if you care.

SC player’s left leg comes forward and contacts EL player’s leg and stumbles forward

Sounds like the wind made her fall , your right she wasn't tripped, the simple act of the defenders foot coming at strong enough force to make the opposing player fall is not a foul, she stumbles forward because she's clumsy..wow

Its butt hurt refs like you that get offended by the mere thought that maybe they made a mistake. I know you have to call what you see, and while the AR's didn't flag a chance to call it. I still think and believe that the video shows a foul, a foul while unintentional and where the defense does touch the ball. A foul occured when the defender tripped the opposing player.
Your going off on disrespecting the entire universe on soccer, for an opinion that I have given you video evidence. I agree its a matter of opinion, but don't go all high and mighty like this is some conspiracy to call all referees out and make them bad people and use them as an excuse. I never stated that we lost because of the referees. I know you can not control the referees, the field of play at the time of play or the weather. Yet all still have the chances of making a difference in the game. I would easily have more respect for you to look at a scenario in black and white , I guess you are one of the minority who wouldn't call it a foul. And you have a right to your opinion. I have mine and most agree with me. Your defensive remarks do not look favorable for you. Maybe I should apologize now for having an opinion that goes against yours, heaven forbid you are wrong or the soccer gods will be angry.
It's ref like you that give soccer such a black eye.

I can keep repeating like you do, a foul is still a foul.....

We can agree to disagree on if it was a foul. I will see if the video can be one we review during the March Professional Referee Development session. It will be interesting to see what 50-60 top level referees say about the play without knowing if a foul was or wasn’t called. I will let you know what the consensus is. I expect them to say it was “trifling contact with no foul”, but I will not tell them ahead of time what the referee’s decided.

Eastlake beat Steele Canyon in PK's 3-2, for the Championship. I though Steele had more chances and better control of the game, the ref definitely missed some calls, including a foul in the box against Eastlake. In the end it was a good game.

I am reading my words, the refs definitely missed some calls, reviewed the video, they made some mistakes, most games even professional referees miss some calls. Not sure what was wrong with that comment. Moving on I upload a link to a play that to me appears like a foul in the box. I think I supported my opinion that a foul was not called. It was a good game.

Somehow out of these came all the hate and insults, that somehow I accused the referees of being the sole reason that Eastlake won.

Yeah, I thought forums were made for sharing information and opinions. Somehow or somewhere I missed the memo, that if I defend a comment, all hell comes down on you because some people don't agree with you. Amazing

We can agree to disagree on if it was a foul. I will see if the video can be one we review during the March Professional Referee Development session. It will be interesting to see what 50-60 top level referees say about the play without knowing if a foul was or wasn’t called. I will let you know what the consensus is. I expect them to say it was “trifling contact with no foul”, but I will not tell them ahead of time what the referee’s decided.
I’d be very interested to hear and see those results. Thank you for keeping it clean and cordial SurfRef. It’s merely a conversation!

SC player’s left leg comes forward and contacts EL player’s leg and stumbles forward

Sounds like the wind made her fall , your right she wasn't tripped, the simple act of the defenders foot coming at strong enough force to make the opposing player fall is not a foul, she stumbles forward because she's clumsy..wow

Stop the video right before the SC player’s left foot comes forward. The EL player’s foot is in front of the SC player’s foot and stays that way as the SC player’s foot comes forward and makes contact with the EL player’s leg causing the SC player to stumble. The EL player made no contact when poking the ball forward which is where any trip would have occurred. As a trained referee, the play does NOT meet criteria for a careless tripping foul. If it did meet criteria, I would say it was a foul. There is criteria in the FIFA and USSF training that referees receive that is not written in the LOTG.

I am reading my words, the refs definitely missed some calls, reviewed the video, they made some mistakes, most games even professional referees miss some calls. Not sure what was wrong with that comment. Moving on I upload a link to a play that to me appears like a foul in the box. I think I supported my opinion that a foul was not called. It was a good game.

Somehow out of these came all the hate and insults, that somehow I accused the referees of being the sole reason that Eastlake won.

Yeah, I thought forums were made for sharing information and opinions. Somehow or somewhere I missed the memo, that if I defend a comment, all hell comes down on you because some people don't agree with you. Amazing
So aggravating when these forums get personal, and people have to attack and insult. You made a good case. You had a vested interest in the game as it was your OWN daughters team (is she a senior) maybe a last game? Of course there is emotion. Why can’t you display any emotion anyway? I thought your initial posts were to the point and to your opinion. Well done. Don’t take the bait of others who choose to go low. Let them go there alone. Hope both Steele and EL go on and do very well in the State Championships! Best of luck to them both...

Stop the video right before the SC player’s left foot comes forward. The EL player’s foot is in front of the SC player’s foot and stays that way as the SC player’s foot comes forward and makes contact with the EL player’s leg causing the SC player to stumble. The EL player made no contact when poking the ball forward which is where any trip would have occurred. As a trained referee, the play does NOT meet criteria for a careless tripping foul. If it did meet criteria, I would say it was a foul. There is criteria in the FIFA and USSF training that referees receive that is not written in the LOTG.
I will give you this, the angle of the video is not perfect, I was sitting with those whom I have chosen not to involve for fear that if any names come out that they may be scarred for life on something so trivial. I agree I was about 100 or so yards away. I may be old but I know what I saw live and with the video. I see the EL trip the SC, yes after she tips the ball away, but you can't say that she didn't unintentionally or accidently trip the player. I think it's a foul, real time.

So aggravating when these forums get personal, and people have to attack and insult. You made a good case. You had a vested interest in the game as it was your OWN daughters team (is she a senior) maybe a last game? Of course there is emotion. Why can’t you display any emotion anyway? I thought your initial posts were to the point and to your opinion. Well done. Don’t take the bait of others who choose to go low. Let them go there alone. Hope both Steele and EL go on and do very well in the State Championships! Best of luck to them both...
She's a sophomore, so she has plenty of time to try and make it again. Although I see DA in her future. I know those OC teams. It will be tough for our San Diego girls, but I agree best of luck to all, with no injuries.

Most agree with you???? Ok if it makes you feel good continue to be delusional.

Get hysterical much?
Sorry, was trying to add a little humor, my bad. Just don't want to throw out names, even called them if they would mind. I was surprised, that they didn't mind if I gave out their names. But I don't want people like you to keep making such a fuss over a simple opinion on a foul. Whether people are simply agreeing with me because of friendship or feel sorry for me....I am getting many favorable calls that they think it was a foul. So yes many agree with me. Does that change the outcome. No, wasn't meant to overturn the call, was just putting it out there. For being my first posts since forever , it's kind of nice to see the motley of opinions, some that are irrelevant. But fun to read.

No dog in this fight either way. From the video- didn’t look like much.
I think most referees swallow their whistle on that play in a Golden goal playoff situation in the penalty area.
As much as you think the call should have been made... if it was and the PK wound up being a goal, I bet we’d have parents from the other team on here posting about the weak call that was made and that the referees “gave the game away”.

Eastlake beat Steele Canyon in PK's 3-2, for the Championship. I though Steele had more chances and better control of the game, the ref definitely missed some calls, including a foul in the box against Eastlake. In the end it was a good game.

Eastlake parent here. i Do agree the refs were missing calls on both sides. Lots of questionable calls that could have benefited either team. Don’t forget #16 from Eastlake was fouled in the box as well and did not receive a call.
At the end of the day though our girls made their kicks when it counted. Steel was a tough team that’s for sure.

Back