2017-2018 CIF San Diego Girls

Semi-Finals saw Steele Canyon 1-0 over Poway on an great throw in from senior Jalyn Lupo, which was tipped in by junior Savannah Thompson for the golden goal in OT. In the other Semi-Final, Eastlake beat West Hills in PK's.
In the Battle for 3rd place and playing in State with Steele Canyon and Eastlake regardless of tonight's outcome. Poway beat West Hills 3-2 for the 3rd spot and the trip to a CIF State Game. Tonight's matchup features Rebels Soccer Club members from both Ryan Marquez's '00 &'01 Elite teams. It should be a good game.

Semi-Finals saw Steele Canyon 1-0 over Poway on an great throw in from senior Jalyn Lupo, which was tipped in by junior Savannah Thompson for the golden goal in OT. In the other Semi-Final, Eastlake beat West Hills in PK's.
In the Battle for 3rd place and playing in State with Steele Canyon and Eastlake regardless of tonight's outcome. Poway beat West Hills 3-2 for the 3rd spot and the trip to a CIF State Game. Tonight's matchup features Rebels Soccer Club members from both Ryan Marquez's '00 &'01 Elite teams. It should be a good game.
Is the game at Mission Bay tonight?

Torrey Pines played (and beat) both West Hills and Steele Canyon in preseason games (were both at Butch Lee Memorial Tourney?). How does a team go from doing so well in pre-season games to struggling in league (mainly ties) to losing first round game of CIF? Were other teams missing players early on? Coaching adjustments? Line up changes? Have other HS teams experienced this?
Yes to all of the above. Plus some teams take time to have chemistry.

Why the name change TCD?

Torrey Pines played (and beat) both West Hills and Steele Canyon in preseason games (were both at Butch Lee Memorial Tourney?). How does a team go from doing so well in pre-season games to struggling in league (mainly ties) to losing first round game of CIF? Were other teams missing players early on? Coaching adjustments? Line up changes? Have other HS teams experienced this?
Some players were not able to play pre-season games due to CRL, National League etc...

Eastlake beat Steele Canyon in PK's 3-2, for the Championship. I though Steele had more chances and better control of the game, the ref definitely missed some calls, including a foul in the box against Eastlake. In the end it was a good game.

Eastlake beat Steele Canyon in PK's 3-2, for the Championship. I though Steele had more chances and better control of the game, the ref definitely missed some calls, including a foul in the box against Eastlake. In the end it was a good game.

Definitely the refs fault your team lost(sarcasm)......idiot. I am sure you are a National Referee assessor and have the training to properly assess the performance of the referee crew from your seat 100 yards away from the plays.

Why not just say the two teams played a good hard game with strong defense keeping the game scoreless in regulation and overtime. Eastlake was the better team in KFTM that game. Congratulations Eastlake. Good luck to both teams in State Regional.

The seeding committee was way off this year with their initial seeding.

Definitely the refs fault your team lost(sarcasm)......idiot. I am sure you are a National Referee assessor and have the training to properly assess the performance of the referee crew from your seat 100 yards away from the plays.

Why not just say the two teams played a good hard game with strong defense keeping the game scoreless in regulation and overtime. Eastlake was the better team in KFTM that game. Congratulations Eastlake. Good luck to both teams in State Regional.

Funny how refs get so bent out of shape, I was sitting next to a director of coaching and he felt the call was missed as well as a few Eastlake supporters, as they were saying, refs missed calls on both sides. I simply stated that the one in the box is a possible game changer. No argument there from the fans, just a point. Glow had an amazing game for Eastlake and I know her, so your knee jerk reaction is typical of a referee that swears that they are flawless. Referees make mistakes all the time, I have the video to prove it. the idiot is a ref who thinks they are perfect. (shaking head when people need to comment on every opinion)

Funny how refs get so bent out of shape, I was sitting next to a director of coaching and he felt the call was missed as well as a few Eastlake supporters, as they were saying, refs missed calls on both sides. I simply stated that the one in the box is a possible game changer. No argument there from the fans, just a point. Glow had an amazing game for Eastlake and I know her, so your knee jerk reaction is typical of a referee that swears that they are flawless. Referees make mistakes all the time, I have the video to prove it. the idiot is a ref who thinks they are perfect. (shaking head when people need to comment on every opinion)
(Unknown DOC + ChargerPride) @ + 100 yards away from play > 2 high level refs ?????
Absolutely not!
By even mentioning the missed calls and ref crew you are nothing but a whiner.
Post the video so we can see if you even have the best angle to make such a judgment.

ChargerPride NEVER stated his team lost because of the refs?? Where are you coming from Surfref?? Surfdefensive? Lighten up. He stated a very matter of fact case and I read his post as gracious and to the point. What’s wrong with saying refs missed some calls!? I mean they always do and it doesn’t even need to be stated I guess but touché all the same!! Love the quick video post. Total foul. I know so many great guys that are refs that blow it some times. Doesn’t mean they aren’t great guys still after they miss a call. Well done ChargerPride and your kid too. And I have no idea who you are. Lighten up on the posts people!

ChargerPride NEVER stated his team lost because of the refs??
. I simply stated that the one in the box is a possible game changer.
Close enough to saying they lost because of the refs.
I see the defender toe poking all ball. That is why is rolled so far away from the offensive player. After the poke, both girls feet touch. Some refs might call it on the defender but seeing how she got all ball I would not call it. Not a missed call, it was a judgement and a ref at a different angle could have seen something different.

As far as I can tell, the seeding committee for Open brackets, both boys and girls, stuck pretty close to the last Power Ranking numbers, although they shut that page down the day before the seeding meeting so there might have been some final-game differences.

A couple of interesting notes -- Torrey Pines got #1 seed for both genders, but neither team made it to the Final. Of the 14 games in the two brackets, the supposedly-weaker seed won 7.

Thanks for posting the video.

That is an easy no call because no foul occurred. You had one of the best referees in San Diego county who is also a MLS level referee and college referee on that game. About four hours ago I talked to three referees that were at the game and they told me who was on the referee crew and that they called a very good and consistent game. They said the two teams played a great game and then could not put the ball on frame in KFTM and ended the first found of 5 kicks tied 2-2 and the game winner came when the players were 1v1 in kicks. They also said that they did not hear Charlie yell at the referee once during the game.

That is an easy no call because no foul occurred. You had one of the best referees in San Diego county who is also a MLS level referee and college referee on that game. About four hours ago I talked to three referees that were at the game and they told me who was on the referee crew and that they called a very good and consistent game. They said the two teams played a great game and then could not put the ball on frame in KFTM and ended the first found of 5 kicks tied 2-2 and the game winner came when the players were 1v1 in kicks. They also said that they did not hear Charlie yell at the referee once during the game.
Dude, she was tripped, feet didn't tangle, she was tripped and fell. Regardless of the level of referee, because no refs make mistakes. I simply said it should have been a foul in the box. Most would agree. You don't have to. Those fellow soccer enthusiast that watch it, say it was still a foul. They missed it, it could have changed the game. I still said it was a good game, no ones perfect. In the end, Eastlake won by converting their pk's, I give them props, it should never had gone that far. My DD is team mates and plays with alot of those girls, they will still be friends. They have seen it and agree. But hey, I got a chance to give my OPINION, sorry you got so butt hurt.

That video is the play you are going to bitch about? I've missed easier calls than that. Although in the video it appears that the white player may have tripped blue, I certainly can't tell whether it was careless, and it certainly wasn't reckless. This is after several views of the video. Why even bother to mention it unless you are looking for excuses as to why the game was lost.

I bet you told you daughter all about how the referee's missed that call and that they should have won.

C’mon SurfRef - it’s such a foul!!! Clearly tripped - her left leg is yanked out after the ball is a yard or 2 in front of the EL player! Maybe the ref had a poor angle in the game or there was some view obstructed, but from that vid posted....foul! But opinions are like buttholes. We all have them and they all stink!! Congrats Eastlake!

C’mon SurfRef - it’s such a foul!!! Clearly tripped - her left leg is yanked out after the ball is a yard or 2 in front of the EL player! Maybe the ref had a poor angle in the game or there was some view obstructed, but from that vid posted....foul! But opinions are like buttholes. We all have them and they all stink!! Congrats Eastlake!

Back