2016 Orange County Tournament of Champions (12/10/2016-12/11/2016)

Looks like a very competitive tournament. DD is going to get her 1st action with the 06's since last winter, so we will see how she adjusts back down to the smaller field. That being said, I'm a bit out of the loop on what clubs are strongest in the 06 age group, but judging by the rankings page, it is mostly the usual suspects (blues, strikers, surf etc.) Would be interested to hear what people expect or predict for some of these brackets/teams.

We are looking forward to getting back together with the goats crew!!

Looks like a very competitive tournament. DD is going to get her 1st action with the 06's since last winter, so we will see how she adjusts back down to the smaller field. That being said, I'm a bit out of the loop on what clubs are strongest in the 06 age group, but judging by the rankings page, it is mostly the usual suspects (blues, strikers, surf etc.) Would be interested to hear what people expect or predict for some of these brackets/teams.

We are looking forward to getting back together with the goats crew!![/QUOTE]
Top 25 Nationally (according to Youth soccer ranking .us) See you then..

Last updated: Tue 29 Nov 2016 11:19 AM MST

Rank Team Score
1 SAN DIEGO SURF SC EGSL ACADEMY (CAS) 32.21
2 STING SC DALLAS BLACK (TXN) 32.21
3 SOLAR SC CHELSEA COLVIN (TXN) 32.10
4 LEGENDS FC (CAS) 32.08
5 ARSENAL FC ANAHEIM SURF EGSL- WHITFIELD (CAS) 32.06
6 SAN JUAN SC SPIRITS BLUE (CAN) 31.89
7 DALLAS TEXANS SOUTH (TXN) 31.83
8 ALBION SC ACADEMY (CAS) 31.65
9 STRIKERS FC ORANGE COUNTY EGSL (CAS) 31.53
10 ALBERTSON SC FURY RED ATTACK (NYE) 31.38
11 LA GALAXY SOUTH BAY ELITE (CAS) 31.36
12 MICHIGAN JAGUARS GREEN (MI) 31.34
13 PENN FUSION SA ELITE EDWARDS (PAE) 31.30
14 BEACH FC LONG RPEREZ (CAS) 31.03
15 CHICAGO FIRE JUNIORS SOUTH PREMIER (IL) 30.84
16 SUSA ELITE EAST (NYE) 30.83
17 CLARKSTOWN SC ELITE SAMIMI (NYE) 30.78
18 SOLAR SC CHELSEA BLACK SPRINGATE (TXN) 30.58
19 INFINITY SC DC (UT) 30.57
20 PSC ELITE (PAE) 30.44
21 OHIO PREMIER GREEN (OS) 30.43
22 STRIKERS FC NORTH IA (CAS) 30.40
23 CINCINNATI UNITED PREMIER SOUTHEAST (OS) 30.39
24 SO CAL BLUES RENNIE MULLIGAN (CAS) 30.36
25 FC STARS OF MASSACHUSETTS WEST UNITED (MA) 30.35

San Diego Surf have to be the favorite going in. My DD played them in the finals on Sunday(Surf Challenge). They pass and pressure the ball well.

My guess is it depends on who is playing for Goats.
Goats has never been an all star team, if the team has performed well it's a bonus. The team has always been put together with the idea of the group of parents and kids getting along and having a good time.

Always tough to put kids who don't play together as a team and expect them to be favored. The Goats squad will be there to have some fun, everything else will be icing on the cake. a lot of talented teams and girls in Flight 1, everyone has their work cut out for them.

San Diego Surf have to be the favorite going in. My DD played them in the finals on Sunday(Surf Challenge). They pass and pressure the ball well.

Your semi final was entertaining (Parent ejections, coaches getting into it with each other, boulder sized rain, and some truly terrible calls. Not sure how they had an AR who didn't know the rules refereeing the semi finals. She made horrendous calls in our game before yours and at least they found a replacement for our final. As usual was a fun tournament our parents and kids enjoyed it.

She made horrendous calls in our game before yours and at least they found a replacement for our final. As usual was a fun tournament our parents and kids enjoyed it.

This explains why we were missing a ref for the first ten minutes of our final (glad they replaced her)! Overall, we had decent officiating in our games. Even when the ref missed a punch from a girl two times the size of our player in our semi-final, the linesman explained the situation and a yellow was issued.

We semi watched the game before our final following your game but we're more busy scrambling for cover under the trophy tent. The weather definitely made it memorable (and fun)!

Great game between SoCal and goats. In the end the SoCal girls were a bit more aggressive...4-2 final...time for SoCal and strikers to have a rematch from United cup. The last time SoCal lost a game!

Great game between SoCal and goats. In the end the SoCal girls were a bit more aggressive...4-2 final...time for SoCal and strikers to have a rematch from United cup. The last time SoCal lost a game!
Goats had a ton of fun this weekend, not bad for a group of girls spontaneously coming together and playing with each other for the first time!

Good seeing familiar faces and making new friends!

Good luck to Strikers and So Cal Academy in the finals, nearly identical teams in terms of style of play, should be intense.

This was a very competitive tournament my daughter had a blast. Our first game was vs La galaxy Oc then cz elite Saturday we ended up with a win and a tie. Sunday morning started with San Diego Surf which went into pk's we also tied with them in regular season so no surprise it was going to be a battle. And what can I say so cal academy is always a battle we were able to edge them out 2-1. Thanks to everyone involved great time! You can see pictures and videos on Instagram @soccerkeeper1310

This was a very competitive tournament my daughter had a blast. Our first game was vs La galaxy Oc then cz elite Saturday we ended up with a win and a tie. Sunday morning started with San Diego Surf which went into pk's we also tied with them in regular season so no surprise it was going to be a battle. And what can I say so cal academy is always a battle we were able to edge them out 2-1. Thanks to everyone involved great time! You can see pictures and videos on Instagram @soccerkeeper1310
I saw the Semi-Final game and your DD played great, in my opinion Surf was bringing a ton of pressure, in particular the 2nd half. Along with the defense, she was able to weather the storm and help the team get out of there with the draw and help win it in PKs. Best of luck to her and the team!

Back