2016-17 D1 Women's soccer thread!!!

Bernie, I think it's clear- and I think you might agree- that Pepperdine scored a solid moral victory over USC 0-3 today. That other score is just the score ex the super delegates and should not count.

USC really took charge today with a 3-0 shutout at Pepperdine.
That team, the way they played today, can beat anyone.
That was tough to watch....maybe it was the road trip to and then back from Fresno on Friday or maybe USC is just that good.
Waves need to learn what they can from that one and then let it go...

That was tough to watch....maybe it was the road trip to and then back from Fresno on Friday or maybe USC is just that good.
Waves need to learn what they can from that one and then let it go...
Pepperdine was really bad from start to finish. They came out with a flat tire and by halftime the tire came apart and was all over the road.
At the same time, USC had a big chip on their shoulder, and just proceeded to open a can of whoopass on the outmatched Waves.
Gotta call it what it is.

After 2 losses to mid-major teams, USC was going to wallop just about anybody they played. Unfortunately, Pepperdine was in their immediate path. That's not to take anything away from USC as they are definitely a superior team. Waves were definitely not ready for USC's physicality and smothering defensive pressure in their back third. They looked very unorganized and on their heels because of it.

Second half was much better, especially the beginning as Pepperdine came out and matched USC's intensity. Ultimately, it is hard to come back from down 3 at this level. Any goal by Pepperdine would have been a positive moral victory however. I think if they played again, USC would probably still win but it would be a much closer outcome (1-0 or 2-1).

After 2 losses to mid-major teams, USC was going to wallop just about anybody they played. Unfortunately, Pepperdine was in their immediate path. That's not to take anything away from USC as they are definitely a superior team. Waves were definitely not ready for USC's physicality and smothering defensive pressure in their back third. They looked very unorganized and on their heels because of it.

Second half was much better, especially the beginning as Pepperdine came out and matched USC's intensity. Ultimately, it is hard to come back from down 3 at this level. Any goal by Pepperdine would have been a positive moral victory however. I think if they played again, USC would probably still win but it would be a much closer outcome (1-0 or 2-1).

Is "physicality" college-soccer-parent speak for "My daughter got clobbered"?

The ACC had a pretty good Sunday as well...13 Wins, 0 Losses, and 10 clean sheets! Could be a long year for the Pac12 and WCC when they roll up against the competition from the east.

NC State vs. Navy (W 4-1)
UNC @ Florida Atlantic (W 3-2 OT)
Pitt vs. Xavier (W 2-1)
Miami vs. Jacksonville (W 7-0)
Syracuse vs. Albany (W 2-0)
Clemson vs. Elon (W 4-0)
Virginia vs. Old Dominion (W 4-0)
Florida St. @ Middle Tennessee State (W 3-0)
Louisville vs. Toledo (W 4-0)
Wake Forest @ UNC Greensboro (W 3-0)
Duke vs. Coastal Carolina (W 2-0)
Boston College @ Boston University (W 3-0)
Virginia Tech @ James Madison (W 2-0)

It was a combination of USC pumped up, and playing at their best, and Pepperdine flat, and, really not showing up at home.
Remember, the last four times these teams have met, the waves have won three.
USC is bigger, and deeper, and more physical, no doubt. They have more team speed, but the Waves can play with them if they bring their A game.

The ACC had a pretty good Sunday as well...13 Wins, 0 Losses, and 10 clean sheets! Could be a long year for the Pac12 and WCC when they roll up against the competition from the east.

Pitt vs. Xavier (W 2-1)
Clemson vs. Elon (W 4-0)
Who did the Wolf Pack play last week?

Pitt vs. Xavier (W 2-1)
Clemson vs. Elon (W 4-0)

Hey Capt-Cali .....Y do I Feel like this is dejavu. Only now your swapping the anti-Ecnl rhetoric for anti-pac-12 (pro-acc).

Oh well.......guess we better get used to several years of new propaganda.o_O

Hey Capt-Cali .....Y do I Feel like this is dejavu. Only now your swapping the anti-Ecnl rhetoric for anti-pac-12 (pro-acc).

Z, I love the Pac12. Friends at AZ, Bezerkeley, SC, AZ State and UCLA. I want them all to do well! Just because I am pro-ACC doesn't mean I am anti-Pac12. Traveling for work is going to be more fun now on Thurs nights. Hopefully I'll be able catch some matches from my DD's former teammates across the country.

Pitt vs. Xavier (W 2-1)
Clemson vs. Elon (W 4-0)

The ACC teams didn't beat anybody of significance! I saw the UNC game and they went OT with FAU. This is a down year for the ACC if you haven't noticed it yet. It's great that your daughter is going to NC State but once ye get below FSU, Viginia and Duke the quality goes down significantly!

Z, I love the Pac12. Friends at AZ, Bezerkeley, SC, AZ State and UCLA. I want them all to do well! Just because I am pro-ACC doesn't mean I am anti-Pac12. Traveling for work is going to be more fun now on Thurs nights. Hopefully I'll be able catch some matches from my DD's former teammates across the country.

You have friends or your daughter has friends?

He apparently missed all of the ACC bloodshed on Friday!

It was a combination of USC pumped up, and playing at their best, and Pepperdine flat, and, really not showing up at home.
Remember, the last four times these teams have met, the waves have won three.
USC is bigger, and deeper, and more physical, no doubt. They have more team speed, but the Waves can play with them if they bring their A game.

'SC has a horrible defense. They are going to struggle against the top half of the conference. It's starting to look like last year was a fluke.

Back