2016-1017 GIRLS HIGH SCHOOL SOCCER THREAD

2-man in SD gets $130 ($65 each) and a 3-man gets $197 ($75, $61, $61). Seems like reasonable amount compared to club fees for 3-man.
yeah, i wasn't commenting on the amounts really. just the fact that in the two man system, each would get less $$ than an AR in a three man system.
if it wasn't cold, rainy, and i'd be up past my bed time, i'd do a few games. ;)

Aliso Cup is underway...who's playing?
LB Poly. My DD's first official high school game was against San Clemente last night. They lost 3-0. Even tho they lost I thought they played well against a good San Clemente team considering they only had one sub (none in second half due to injury) and half her team still out due to CRL/Nationals. But I'm assuming all teams are like that? Anyways, All in all, my DD had fun and can't wait for the next game. Good luck to all. Go Jackrabbits!

Thought that I would post this here:

http://www.soccerwire.com/notes/nscaa-high-school-all-america-teams-announced-girls/

I think that the coaches mail this stuff in and don't actually look at any of these players. Here is why I think that. Two of the players on the list Machaela George (just completed her freshman season at Santa Clara) and Natassa Eleftheriou (just completed freshman season at Pepperdine) are in college! I'm a little curious how that would qualify her as a high school All-American. They should do away with the award because for girls soccer it is completely meaningless.

Also as a disclaimer this is not sour grapes. My player is not in high school and was an AA when she was.

Didn't it say for the class of 2016? If so, then they graduated hs in June and should have just finished their first season in college.

Didn't it say for the class of 2016? If so, then they graduated hs in June and should have just finished their first season in college.

Please look at the date at the top of the article. December 5, 2016. That would be a little late for last year. Not to mention I have seen last years list already.

Is there another list that comes out later for 2016/2017 school year?

Yes. It will include the winter and spring season states. High School all american is a pretty useless accolade. There are far too many high schools to properly identify the best players. Who is going to check out the over 37,000 of them to see who the players are? A player that dominates in one area might not be so dominant in another higher population area. It's hard enough sometimes to pick an all county or all CIF team (especially with the self serving input of coaches!).

Please look at the date at the top of the article. December 5, 2016. That would be a little late for last year. Not to mention I have seen last years list already.
Agreed, late seeing that these kids graduated six months ago.

I must apologize, I missed the obvious, the award is from soccer coaches. This makes perfect sense. This award comes from the same group of people that are late to practice, miss practice, miss games, think they know how to coach and train because they played the game as a youth, they got lucky and had a good group that was trained somewhere else and he takes the credit for it, of course, a good accent helps and most importantly, the same group of people that lack the backbone to tell their paying customers that their kid really isn't that good and should look for another team but rather will wait it out and hope that if they don't play them a lot that the parents will eventually get the clue and move on so the coach can say that he didn't kick them off the team. Thus, it takes a lot of time to come up with a list of players.

Of course this isn't true of all coaches and we all understand that your coach isn't like that.

DD is lucky that her HS coach is a long time club coach who teaches a good game of soccer and treats the players well.

There are some high school coaches who are club coaches at top clubs that think a player's commitment is more important than going to ODP regionals/nationals and National team camp. Especially if a player is a "scholarship" player at that school. I can think of two in particular that have acted this way repeatedly.

There are some high school coaches who are club coaches at top clubs that think a player's commitment is more important than going to ODP regionals/nationals and National team camp. Especially if a player is a "scholarship" player at that school. I can think of two in particular that have acted this way repeatedly.
I have heard some horror stories as well. If DD's coach were like that, he would have kicked her of the team long ago. Her coach has been very supportive and understanding. Some of the parents on the other hand...

Some of the parents on the other hand...
That's funny. My wife and I sit in the stands of the HS games smiling at the parents. They cheer for everything. My daughter shanked a ball halfway to the parking lot and they cheered like she scored because it was a "big kick".
A parent passes out Pom poms at every game. My daughter just laughs at me with my pom pom. :)
I'm enjoying this. So much less stress than club.

That's funny. My wife and I sit in the stands of the HS games smiling at the parents. They cheer for everything. My daughter shanked a ball halfway to the parking lot and they cheered like she scored because it was a "big kick".
A parent passes out Pom poms at every game. My daughter just laughs at me with my pom pom. :)
I'm enjoying this. So much less stress than club.
Your post is so true. Sometimes I think I'm back at ulittle soccer games, because I overhear parents say....my DD scored a lot of the goals last year. I just look at my wife and we just shake our heads at each other with a smile.

Back