2016-1017 GIRLS HIGH SCHOOL SOCCER THREAD

I believe divisional rankings are based on student body size. If a D2 team has a great season and gets to the CIF D2 semi's or championship game. They will eventually play against D1 schools at regional playoffs.

Yeah, but all the talent is going to DA and not playing HS soccer next year - hahaha.

I would also add, if a higher divisional school is competing against lower level schools in league. The higher ranked school will have a greater probability of making CIF playoffs and vice versa, since playoffs are based on league results.
Pre-season does count into overall record, that's why some coaches play lower level schools to pad their overall record.

Pre-season does count into overall record, that's why some coaches play lower level schools to pad their overall record.

The leagues are now mixed with D1 and D2 teams, D3 and D4 teams and D4 and D5 teams. It has nothing to do with pre-season or non-league games.

The leagues are now mixed with D1 and D2 teams, D3 and D4 teams and D4 and D5 teams. It has nothing to do with pre-season or non-league games.
I disagree, are you a high school coach? Do you deal with CIF? Pre-season games matter for at large bids, trust me on this one.....

I disagree, are you a high school coach? Do you deal with CIF? Pre-season games matter for at large bids, trust me on this one.....

You mean non-conference/non-league games. Pre-season games are like scrimmages. They don't count for anything. Example: NFL, NBA, MLB pre-season games do NOT count on actual team records.

I believe divisional rankings are based on student body size. If a D2 team has a great season and gets to the CIF D2 semi's or championship game. They will eventually play against D1 schools at regional playoffs.
Yep, I thought it was based on student body size a well. Hart has been Div. II for as long as I can recall. 4 yrs. ago we went to the Div. II championship game vs. Chino Hills. Lost a close one but still ended up going to Regionals. It was exciting. Some of the schools were double our size. I still think of Hart as a Div II school that has been rewarded for playing extremely well for the past 4 years. Good luck to everyone in the first round of games! Go Tribe.

Yep, I thought it was based on student body size a well. Hart has been Div. II for as long as I can recall. 4 yrs. ago we went to the Div. II championship game vs. Chino Hills. Lost a close one but still ended up going to Regionals. It was exciting. Some of the schools were double our size. I still think of Hart as a Div II school that has been rewarded for playing extremely well for the past 4 years. Good luck to everyone in the first round of games! Go Tribe.

Size doesn't matter to CIF :)

The way it was explained to me was that pre season games do matter. The coach wanted to play teams scored at .500 or higher because somehow that would help the power score or some mumbo jumbo number that would come in to play for cif games. Team usually plays other local schools but their number was in the 200's so instead they played other schools for pre season. My number examples can be wrong because this conversation was back in november but it was something to that effect. This all had to do with the new rules/regulations/way for hs soccer. I think in the past divisions were based on school size but this new way is all about that .500 score.

The way it was explained to me was that pre season games do matter. The coach wanted to play teams scored at .500 or higher because somehow that would help the power score or some mumbo jumbo number that would come in to play for cif games. Team usually plays other local schools but their number was in the 200's so instead they played other schools for pre season. My number examples can be wrong because this conversation was back in november but it was something to that effect. This all had to do with the new rules/regulations/way for hs soccer. I think in the past divisions were based on school size but this new way is all about that .500 score.
Thanks for explaining. You mean non-league games and not pre-season, correct? Non-league games are games played prior to league/conference games.

example: HS tournament games are non-league/conference games and played during the HS soccer season.

Thanks for explaining. You mean non-league games and not pre-season, correct? Non-league games are games played prior to league/conference games.

example: HS tournament games are non-league/conference games and played during the HS soccer season.
I'm not sure I fully understand what you are getting at. The context of our conversation came about when discussing the games the coach sets up and the team plays prior to league. It is not tournaments as those you can't select your opponent :) I think my dd team played about 4 or 5 of them and those were strategically selected with those #'s in mind. They called them pre season but in truth pre season and non league sounds the same lol.

I'm not sure I fully understand what you are getting at. The context of our conversation came about when discussing the games the coach sets up and the team plays prior to league. It is not tournaments as those you can't select your opponent :) I think my dd team played about 4 or 5 of them and those were strategically selected with those #'s in mind. They called them pre season but in truth pre season and non league sounds the same lol.
Pre-season games by definition are games played before HS season begins. During the HS soccer season there are non-league games and league games, both count towards a teams overall record.

Thanks for explaining so, CIF playoffs are based on non-league and league games vs league results.

Regardless of how they're placed in to a division, what about the division playoffs for Southern Section? Let's get some predictions...I think the new alignments for each division should make things interesting. First round games for girls start tomorrow so who wants to throw out some first round winners? Upsets? Boys start Friday...what do you think?

Pre-season games by definition are games played before HS season begins. During the HS soccer season there are non-league games and league games, both count towards a teams overall record.

Thanks for explaining so, CIF playoffs are based on non-league and league games vs league results.

O Boy here we go again, Pre Season games do count towards at large CIF bids! I know you're thee Resident Soccer Expert here but Jeez you don't always have to be right lol Ironically all this information is coming from someone that doesn't' even play soccer lol

Regardless of how they're placed in to a division, what about the division playoffs for Southern Section? Let's get some predictions...I think the new alignments for each division should make things interesting. First round games for girls start tomorrow so who wants to throw out some first round winners? Upsets? Boys start Friday...what do you think?
I predict all Sunset League teams winning in Division 1, First Round. Sunset league teams( at large bids )in Division 2 also predicting victories. I predict FV goes deep into Division # 2 CIF.

Let's get some predictions...I think the new alignments for each division should make things interesting. First round games for girls start tomorrow so who wants to throw out some first round winners? Upsets? Boys start Friday...what do you think?

Yo Bdobs....Gkrent - you guys have traditionally been in the know/most active in tracking the HS circuit.

Whats the 411?

O Boy here we go again, Pre Season games do count towards at large CIF bids! I know you're thee Resident Soccer Expert here but Jeez you don't always have to be right lol Ironically all this information is coming from someone that doesn't' even play soccer lol
Lmao, why don't you define pre-season for us! Keep in mind.....Pre means before. My DD HS played 2 pre-season games and they didn't count towards their overall record. Their non-league games did though. #sheesh

Lmao, why don't you define pre-season for us! Keep in mind.....Pre means before. My DD HS played 2 pre-season games and they didn't count towards their overall record. Their non-league games did though. #sheesh
In case you also need to know.
1. HS soccer season means non-league and league games
2. Post-season means playoffs

I hear JSerra will he a tough out this post-season!

Well, from what I've seen of this seasons D1 games, teams that were hot early/mid season aren't the same today...... If this years playoff is anything like lastyears, well be seeing a few underdogs rise up.

Back