2010 Subtopic

I'm interested in what other teams/parents think about the CDA Slammers if their team has played them?
Probably the best team in their age group, only time they have lost is when they play up.

The Slammers' team, Cruz I believe, is very impressive. I only saw them at one tournament but was immediately impressed.

Who are the top 5 teams?

Blues, SDSC, CDA Slammers, LAGSD?

Sounds about right from what I've seen, although it's difficult to quantify at this age, and who knows what other great little teams are hiding out there. I'd imagine any of these teams could beat another on any given day. It probably depends on which team has more 7 year olds that show up to play on game day, and which has more who have their minds occupied by ponies, face paint and sticking the perfect cartwheel.

Who are the top 5 teams?

Blues, SDSC, CDA Slammers, LAGSD?
I have seen all of these teams play multiple times. CDA Slammers far and away the best, imho, followed by sdsc, then Blues. LAGSD a bit behind with a few others.

Obviously they're seven, so variability is very high.

Snake...

What makes CDA Slammers far and away the best?

They did lose to Blues 1-0. I would expect a blowout with that statement. Like what goalforgoal said “anyteam can beat each on any given day”

Snake...

What makes CDA Slammers far and away the best?

They did lose to Blues 1-0. I would expect a blowout with that statement. Like what goalforgoal said “anyteam can beat each on any given day”
I saw them beat sdgalaxy 15 to nothing twice. Complete domination and every player was both tactically and technically strong. Not sure about the 1-0 scoreline with Blues. I only saw Blues twice at blues cup and I could easily be mistaken with them mixing teams, or missing players, or something. Just going by what I've seen, I'd say CDA are the most complete (7 year olds :) )

Because Snake is from CDA Slammers ;)
Nope, my daughter plays for a midlevel team not even in the conversation. I just had to guest coach some tournaments and games at a variety of age groups and happened to be around when the 2010 teams were playing and, of course, I am interested so I took notice. I'm actually really impressed by some of the aware play through the defensive half of the field that I have seen. Some good work going on during training for these little players.

I saw them beat sdgalaxy 15 to nothing twice. Complete domination and every player was both tactically and technically strong. Not sure about the 1-0 scoreline with Blues. I only saw Blues twice at blues cup and I could easily be mistaken with them mixing teams, or missing players, or something. Just going by what I've seen, I'd say CDA are the most complete (7 year olds :) )
Based ONLY on the games I have seen, my order is this:
#1 SDSC
#2 Blues
#3 CDA

It’s always funny to see people talking about rankings of u-Little’s, when 90% of the team won’t look the same over the years. But enjoy. It’s a long journey.

It’s always funny to see people talking about rankings of u-Little’s, when 90% of the team won’t look the same over the years. But enjoy. It’s a long journey.
Rankings are not significant regardless of whether they are u-little or u-older. Same can be said for older teams...most of the team won't look the same over years and they will completely disband as they age out.

Talking about and recognizing which teams are playing well is part of the enjoyment of the journey. The u-little journey is a lot of fun...wish we could slow down time and enjoy it more :).

Agreed. Rankings in general are silly, regardless of age. However the olders that are considered top teams get plenty of scouts at u15 and up games. Considering 09 is u9, there’s a long way to go. By the time you get to u18, your DD will have dozens of former teammates and perhaps will have played for a few different teams herself. I can’t tell you how many parents I’ve heard laugh at the notion that a team won state cup as an u9 or national cup at u11. Top players at u9 are out of the game by u13 or have slowed down or become outclassed. The coach’s training and kid’s work ethic are the only important things right now beside the number 1 thing: fun.

Back