2010 Subtopic

Copa Del Mar will have a Girls 2010 division and is open for registration. Should be fun.

This is the final year for SCDSL for this age group. They will be 2009b and there will be plenty of 2010 boys and girls teams. They should have a forum to help set up scrimmages and open up communication lines. They are 7 or close to it and can play. My little dudes have been playing 2 years up in rec just to get a game and still hammer most teams twice their size. Club was the only logical step.

This is the final year for SCDSL for this age group. They will be 2009b and there will be plenty of 2010 boys and girls teams. They should have a forum to help set up scrimmages and open up communication lines. They are 7 or close to it and can play. My little dudes have been playing 2 years up in rec just to get a game and still hammer most teams twice their size. Club was the only logical step.
Girls 2010 soccer scrimmage board: https://www.facebook.com/groups/girls2010soccer/?ref=br_rs

It looked like a lot of fun for the girls at Copa. 6 teams bracketed was cool. All looked similar in level except for the bottom two and the top team. I saw the 2010 bracket at Rebels cup. It had rebels, albion, galaxysd, and CDA Slammers in it. Albion and Rebels looked similar- right in the mix with four of the teams from COpa that I saw. Galaxy looked about on par with the Sharks team that won Copa. Slammers looked the class of the bunch that I have seen, by far. It's fun to watch these little players go at it!

It looked like a lot of fun for the girls at Copa. 6 teams bracketed was cool. All looked similar in level except for the bottom two and the top team. I saw the 2010 bracket at Rebels cup. It had rebels, albion, galaxysd, and CDA Slammers in it. Albion and Rebels looked similar- right in the mix with four of the teams from COpa that I saw. Galaxy looked about on par with the Sharks team that won Copa. Slammers looked the class of the bunch that I have seen, by far. It's fun to watch these little players go at it!
The smalles of the CDA Slammers are ballers, good talent

Blues is looking for two 2010 teams to fill out the brackets for labor day. Registration at VERY steep discount. A great chance to get those little players on the pitch! It's an all-girls tournament at the Polo Fields and should be fun! Register here: http://www.scbluescup.com/

seesnake - any predictions on the 2010 bracket?
We will see lots of effort and learning from all the girls as they try to figure out this beautiful game. There will be bad throw-ins and balls played by defenders dangerously across their own 18 in front of goalkeepers who will send goal kicks directly to opponents and/or let the ball bounce over their heads/through their legs. We will see some very skilled players on the field with very beginning players. We will see lots of overwrought parents, some of whom can see that these are tiny kids learning great lessons about sport and life and some of whom will think the world revolves around the finals of soccer tournaments. We will see the positive results of coaches that have put a lot of effort into teaching young kids to play as they envision the game should be played at this level. We will see those coaches both frustrated and pleased. As far as wins and losses. I'd say it's safe to bet two of Blues' first team, SDSC's first team, and Sharks first team will be in the finals, since they've all had successes in tournaments this summer. I'd say Blues second team and Liverpool's team will get good experience playing each other and learn some lessons playing the other teams. I haven't seen Blues' second team play so I have no real idea about them, just going by the fact that they are the second team. All of this means nothing, of course, because little Superstar could decide to eat a bunch of cheetoh's between matches and end up with a sore tummy, or little solid defender could decide she wants to go score goals during a certain match and blow the whole thing apart. At this age, I just enjoy watching them compete and learn. Maybe see you there!

I'm glad to see another team added, although that means teams face the prospect of a Monday final again. Either way, I think there will be some close and fun games for the little ladies in this bracket. I'm excited to see how some of these teams match up and hopefully they learn some things from each other. Win or lose I expect it to be great fun for the kids.

I was very grateful for that breeze....

SDSC looked very complete as far as 7 year olds go. Blues top looked powerful, second looked determined, Sharks looked aggressive but disorganized, Liverpool looked overmatched. All in all I am looking forward to seeing more matches today.

The finals game was very fun and excited. The game could of went anyway. Bunch of great parents and players on both sides. Season starts next week and looking forward to season play.

great tournament with lots of learning for the girls. I loved the way sdsc played proper football. Did they end up winning?

great tournament with lots of learning for the girls. I loved the way sdsc played proper football. Did they end up winning?

Yes, 2 to 1 SDSC. The game was scoreless at half, then SDSC got two through the second, and Blues added one late. It was a very close and competitive match for these two teams. All the little kiddos played their hearts out.

The finals game was very fun and excited. The game could of went anyway. Bunch of great parents and players on both sides. Season starts next week and looking forward to season play.
Agree 100% exciting game all around and cool parents on both sides! Lots of talent on that field.....

Back