2007 ODP List out

Congratulations to the 22 girls selected for the summer camp. Definitely some incredibly talented girls on this list and some incredibly talented girls not on the list. There will not be a 2007 age group at the ODP tournament in January so this group will train together but not play official games together.

Soraya Souvanaphong - San Diego SC
Ava Paolini - SD Surf Academy Select
Natalie Garcia - Riverside MGFM Soccer Devils
Aundrea Molina - IE Surf G07 Premier CK
Alina Perez - Beach FC LB G07 Rossi
Kylie Secoda - SoCal Blues 07 Mulligan-Rennie
Claire Roybal - Riverside MGFM Soccer Devils
Kayalily Penn - Eagles
Melanie Barcenas - SD Surf Academy Select
Sydney Schuler - Legends FC
Kayla Flissinger - LA Galaxy SB
Charlotte Ward - Real So Cal
Tahirih Vahdat - Real So Cal
Valentina Labuschangne - LA Galaxy SB
Fiona Shin - Beach FC SB G07 Hodson
Daphne Nokfoor - SoCal Blues 07 Mulligan-Rennie
Ameera White - Albion SC
Gabby Anderson - Albion SC
Kassandra Rios - Riverside MGFM Soccer Devils
Journey Middleborn - SD Surf Academy Select
Katie Ellermeyer - Albion SC
Diane Bernal - Anaheim Surf

Awesome experience.........I think there are players that can be on this list....as well as players on this list who can lose their spot.....just like any applicant or interview.....a tryout like ODP ....a spot on a roster can be replaced by the ones who put in the work to earn it........great coaching point here for my daughter, so she saids she wants to prove this point.....hope the girls selected have a great camp....see ya this winter!!!!

This guy is lashing out because he got his daughter cut from Tudela FC. He's not a voice worth listening to. Read the thread in the "Girls Development Academy" forum if you're interested.
Nobody got caught we decided not to join we were already apart of the roster!

First off congrats!! I know 3 girls on this list and none of the 3 impress me or come close to impactful players but I guess some extra practices, the timing, and luck was on their side. The sad thing is on the club where the girls were selected a segregation culture of teams exist and once you go to the Top Team A you almost never play with Lower Team B again except maybe on extra practice nights.

I’ve seen better skills, talent, and hungry players from the lower ranked teams from some of these clubs where these kids never make it because they are shy or just do not always show 100% bring it mentality because they are bored playing with robot type trained players that lack skills, finesse, and just look like coerver system trained soccer stars but you put any kid that has a few good moves against any of these kids and go 1V1 these players cannot come close and cannot catch these real talented players that reflect the real art!

These kids are all Coach recommendations and that’s it you followed coaches instructions well played well and tried your hardest at every game on Team A and can impress coach with juggles or some other trick then you get recognized. It’s all political agendas my friends by no means are any of these kids top talent soccer stars but just pay for play bring it strong mentality kids and that’s it. I can go to UrbanFutsal or some inner city area and find better players than this list of pay for play brats!
This is one of the worst posts ever. It’s your second one that has zero merit. And you don’t have many to your name. Thank goodness Tudela asked you to go.

Last edited:
Nobody got caught we decided not to join we were already apart of the roster!

Direct quote:

@Livinthedream, my kid did not get cut I got my kid cut for asking too many questions that the director did not want to answer and he cannot meet our requirements as a good coach and my kid actually liked the first few practices then she realized the bullshit when they were not being responsive and very quite and secretly putting us on some roster and we never signed any papers or talked about joining..

The process used to select the ODP crop seems flawed. Not sure how watching one or two games at State Cup is enough to determine the top 100 players. Perhaps there is also feedback gathered from coaches. If a coach is also an ODP scout, is that a conflict of interest where he/she may selfishly recommend players from his/her club? Obviously, I don't know the complete process and I don't know if I can come up with a better one.

I don't think anybody answered your question, so here is the answer:

The ODP scouts and coaches do their best to find players by:
1) Holding ODP camps. There are multi-day (residential) camps and day camps across SoCal (from SD to Lancaster).
2) Getting recommendations from coaches and then watching/scouting those players.
3) Attending National Cup competition ... indeed you will see multiple ODP scouts at almost every National Cup playoff.
4) Coaching other clubs/teams and generally watching the competition for players that stick out.

Once players are identified, they are invited to camps and eventually the "team" is identified. From that point forward, Cal South basically subsidizes travel and play.

ODP remains relevant, especially in SoCal as a mechanism for those that refuse to join DA teams and/or are not in the US Club (ECNL/NPL/etc.) to play in US Youth Soccer "Regional" and "National" Competitions. By the time the Cal South ODP players are at the U15 and up stage they represent some of the top (non-DA and non-US Club) talent. I think its safe to say that all of the older ODP players would make most DA teams. Because of this US Soccer Youth National Teams and the DA continues to scout the ODP teams and will continue to do so at the regional and national competitions. While the Youth National Teams favor kids in the DA because of all the data generated on those kids, college coaches know the ODP kids are all quality players.

Anybody have the full list of "18" selected?

Scottlyn Antonucci - Legends FC Girls
Ashlee Bahena - Riverside MGFM Soccer
Diane Bernal - CDA Slammers FC Cerritos
Kailey Carlen - DV7 San Diego
Athena Cox - AYSO Matrix Bonita
Natalie Garcia - Riverside MGFM Soccer
Ava Harrison - San Diego Surf SC
Tori McBride - Legends FC Girls
Aundrea Molina - IE Surf G07 Premier CK
Daphne Nakfoor - So Cal Blues
Ava Paolini - San Diego Surf SC
Kayalily Penn - Eagles Soccer Club 07