2007 ODP List out

US Soccer is the path and future of actual elite youth soccer.

Lol...Yeah right! Based on what? Having more kids playing here than other countries? You didn't understand the ODP process or at least admit you didn't understand it and it appears that you don't understand that US Soccer provides a pathway to nowhere either!

Sure, to be paid for by the many not-so-much others on a road to nowhere...funny how that works. Also, legit ballers are DA.

Wouldn't that be considered the lazy way ? If they just went and looked up the DA roster ?? Again if there was one (which there's not). They found girls who are top players that weren't on just the top teams. They had to have done some research or work to find some of those girls cause I know for a fact a few were not just on top teams. Isn't that what's being asked Here ,Find the players where ever they're at ??
Or is it more about "well I have my kid on a top team and we pay X amount of dollars and travel so far so she should be first in line." Followed by banging a rubber spork and sippy cup on a high chair.

You start by making my point...then disappointingly stoop to going personal, which directly speaks to you.

Actually, Cal South claims to be the experts. I suggest reading their charter, then decide for yourself. Hint: There's a reason DA players don't participate.
I’m not attacking you I’m calling you out on your blatant disrespect for the 10/11 years kids that have been selected. You claim the selection process is flawed in one breath and turn around and state you have direct knowledge by watching some teams who should and should not be on the list? Is that not the same process the ODP coaches did during state cup? I’m guessing they are also more experienced than you?? Congrats on your daughter making it. It appears however you have issues of kids who also made the list because they do not meet your standards. Reminder, they are 10/11, we shouldn’t judge who deserves and who doesn’t. I’m sure there are many kids who deserve to be there and they will indeed have an opportunity in the future, plenty of time. But again to sit here and judge who is on the list and who is deserving and not is kind of a joke. So will you be bringing your child this weekend?

I’m not attacking you I’m calling you out on your blatant disrespect for the 10/11 years kids that have been selected. You claim the selection process is flawed in one breath and turn around and state you have direct knowledge by watching some teams who should and should not be on the list? Is that not the same process the ODP coaches did during state cup? I’m guessing they are also more experienced than you?? Congrats on your daughter making it. It appears however you have issues of kids who also made the list because they do not meet your standards. Reminder, they are 10/11, we shouldn’t judge who deserves and who doesn’t. I’m sure there are many kids who deserve to be there and they will indeed have an opportunity in the future, plenty of time. But again to sit here and judge who is on the list and who is deserving and not is kind of a joke. So will you be bringing your child this weekend?
Forgive me if I'm mistaken, but weren't you the one from another post who was movingly offended and defensive when Force was correctly identified as a "lesser" team? I understand that you would feel heartburn, but the facts are the facts...and facts don't care about feelings. The fact there are four Force players and the same amount of SD Surf players on this list does not disparage the players...rather, it discredits the list as being elite and shows a weak effort on Cal Souths part.

Forgive me if I'm mistaken, but weren't you the one from another post who was movingly offended and defensive when Force was correctly identified as a "lesser" team? I understand that you would feel heartburn, but the facts are the facts...and facts don't care about feelings. The fact there are four Force players and the same amount of SD Surf players on this list does not disparage the players...rather, it discredits the list as being elite and shows a weak effort on Cal Souths part.
Wait what? You make absolutely no sense. The fact is they are 10 and you are spending your time posting about how the list is unfair and some kids didn’t deserve to make it rather than sitting back and enjoyjng the experience and actually congratulating the kids that did. And In regards to my post about force being a “lesser” team read the entire post, or better yet maybe I should repost it. I was being sarcastic and made a joke of it. I’ve been around this way too long to worry about what level my kid is at age 11 or who is winning championships. I wish the best for all the kids, your daughter included, they are all amazing athletes and all deserve praise!

Oh and here was my quote from my post like 4 weeks ago that you looked up.
Hey I resent "lesser teams" we prefer 1A or Tier 1.5 :):):) Thanks though for the compliment.

actually there are 6 surf players......lol

actually there are 6 surf players......lol
My mistake then... maybe it was Eagles and/or Blues. Whatever the case, it doesn't change the fact that it's a 'Thanks for Playing' list and a poor effort on Cal South's part. I get the emotion behind some folks needing it to be more than it is, but truth be told...its just not.

Isn't the list kind of like a wide net being cast to give lots of kids a shot at a tryout? Yes, some good players didn't make it, but many did. A truly "poor effort" would be to take the top 3-4 girls from the final 4 teams at state Cup and call it a day. And that specific example of a poor effort would yield a pretty dang good squad.

It is by its nature a subjective system with flaws. But the same can be said for many club tryouts.

I've heard of older players never being on ODP yet making NT camps and going to big time college teams.

Everyone's journey is different.

If possible, enjoy it.

My mistake then... maybe it was Eagles and/or Blues. Whatever the case, it doesn't change the fact that it's a 'Thanks for Playing' list and a poor effort on Cal South's part. I get the emotion behind some folks needing it to be more than it is, but truth be told...its just not.
This forum has always been a great place for information and to simply voice your thoughts about things going on not only within the soccer world but other areas. I feel this certainly has been a healthy discussion and some definite differences in opinion which I value. I wish your daughter all the success in the world through her soccer life. I appreciate the feedback and if you guys do head to Ventura this weekend, good luck!

Where is my boy Met61? Showed up March 2nd, puts in his 2 cents and vanishes?? Wondering what his thoughts are now that the weekend is over! Met, the floor is yours!

Congratulations to the 22 girls selected for the summer camp. Definitely some incredibly talented girls on this list and some incredibly talented girls not on the list. There will not be a 2007 age group at the ODP tournament in January so this group will train together but not play official games together.

Soraya Souvanaphong - San Diego SC
Ava Paolini - SD Surf Academy Select
Natalie Garcia - Riverside MGFM Soccer Devils
Aundrea Molina - IE Surf G07 Premier CK
Alina Perez - Beach FC LB G07 Rossi
Kylie Secoda - SoCal Blues 07 Mulligan-Rennie
Claire Roybal - Riverside MGFM Soccer Devils
Kayalily Penn - Eagles
Melanie Barcenas - SD Surf Academy Select
Sydney Schuler - Legends FC
Kayla Flissinger - LA Galaxy SB
Charlotte Ward - Real So Cal
Tahirih Vahdat - Real So Cal
Valentina Labuschangne - LA Galaxy SB
Fiona Shin - Beach FC SB G07 Hodson
Daphne Nokfoor - SoCal Blues 07 Mulligan-Rennie
Ameera White - Albion SC
Gabby Anderson - Albion SC
Kassandra Rios - Riverside MGFM Soccer Devils
Journey Middleborn - SD Surf Academy Select
Katie Ellermeyer - Albion SC
Diane Bernal - Anaheim Surf

Where is my boy Met61? Showed up March 2nd, puts in his 2 cents and vanishes?? Wondering what his thoughts are now that the weekend is over! Met, the floor is yours!
Actually, by using this forum to post such trivial and childish cyber provocation and mockery, you and the other gentleman have shown your depth of character and intelligence. Therefore, I have no desire to engage in your petty ignorance any further.

First off congrats!! I know 3 girls on this list and none of the 3 impress me or come close to impactful players but I guess some extra practices, the timing, and luck was on their side. The sad thing is on the club where the girls were selected a segregation culture of teams exist and once you go to the Top Team A you almost never play with Lower Team B again except maybe on extra practice nights.

I’ve seen better skills, talent, and hungry players from the lower ranked teams from some of these clubs where these kids never make it because they are shy or just do not always show 100% bring it mentality because they are bored playing with robot type trained players that lack skills, finesse, and just look like coerver system trained soccer stars but you put any kid that has a few good moves against any of these kids and go 1V1 these players cannot come close and cannot catch these real talented players that reflect the real art!

These kids are all Coach recommendations and that’s it you followed coaches instructions well played well and tried your hardest at every game on Team A and can impress coach with juggles or some other trick then you get recognized. It’s all political agendas my friends by no means are any of these kids top talent soccer stars but just pay for play bring it strong mentality kids and that’s it. I can go to UrbanFutsal or some inner city area and find better players than this list of pay for play brats!

First off congrats!! I know 3 girls on this list and none of the 3 impress me or come close to impactful players but I guess some extra practices, the timing, and luck was on their side. The sad thing is on the club where the girls were selected a segregation culture of teams exist and once you go to the Top Team A you almost never play with Lower Team B again except maybe on extra practice nights.

I’ve seen better skills, talent, and hungry players from the lower ranked teams from some of these clubs where these kids never make it because they are shy or just do not always show 100% bring it mentality because they are bored playing with robot type trained players that lack skills, finesse, and just look like coerver system trained soccer stars but you put any kid that has a few good moves against any of these kids and go 1V1 these players cannot come close and cannot catch these real talented players that reflect the real art!

These kids are all Coach recommendations and that’s it you followed coaches instructions well played well and tried your hardest at every game on Team A and can impress coach with juggles or some other trick then you get recognized. It’s all political agendas my friends by no means are any of these kids top talent soccer stars but just pay for play bring it strong mentality kids and that’s it. I can go to UrbanFutsal or some inner city area and find better players than this list of pay for play brats!

Dude, seek help.

Actually, by using this forum to post such trivial and childish cyber provocation and mockery, you and the other gentleman have shown your depth of character and intelligence. Therefore, I have no desire to engage in your petty ignorance any further.
Come on guy that was funny and I really wanted to know your thoughts? You did kind of show up out of the blue, say what you had to say and left. Its not trivial and childish provocation and mockery, I simply stated a fact. So, if you no longer want to engage I get it but I really was interested in your thoughts after the fact. Having different views is not a bad thing nor does it make everything a personal attack. I've stated this before, I value different opinions than my own.

This guy is lashing out because he got his daughter cut from Tudela FC. He's not a voice worth listening to. Read the thread in the "Girls Development Academy" forum if you're interested.

I am not even sure what you just said here but I believe we are now all dumber because of it.

Back