2005 DA Standings

here's predicts for this weekend (9/28/19). home team is listed first.

The algo is starting to get dialed in w/ the two big outliers from last week - xfire vs rsc and LAFC vs SD Surf - having reasonable explanations. xfire was missing two key players, and SD Surf bunkered. the algo should have better accuracy this week.

SoCal Games
De Anza 2 vs Pateadores 1
note: both teams lost recently 0-5 to LAFC, but De Anza is a top third of the table team for norcal while Pats are likely a mid or bottom third of the table for socal. am rooting for the Pats to show represent for socal and this match will be a good meter of having the two regions match up.

San Jose Quakes 1 vs San Diego Surf 1
note: results here depend heavily on SD Surf tactics. per multiple reports, SD Surf bunkered against LAFC and likely did not get a shot off. If they do so again (and one might point out that, last year or the year before when SD Surf had a stronger team, teams rarely bunkered against SD Surf), the algo will catch up and start accounting for the tactic in another couple of games, but it will make accurate predicts difficult in the near term. if SD Surf does not bunker, SJ likely wins 3-1 with the the one SD Surf goal being scored on a counter by TW.

Nomads 3 vs Arsenal 1

Albion 3 vs TFA 4

LAGSD 2 vs LAUFA 1

Sacramento Republic 1 vs LA Galaxy 1 - match to watch

note: so far this season, LAG has been a riddle wrapped in an enigma. per the game reports, it looks like they're still tinkering with their game day roster and starting xi. also, new coaches and new academy regime.

By most accounts, the LAG players individually are greater quality than the sum of what's showing up for team results, but maybe not. The algo has this match as a tie but LAG should win.
LAFC beat Sacramento 6-1 so that's the measuring stick. Let's see what you got LAG.

FC Golden State 1 vs LAFC 3

De Anza 1 vs LA Galaxy 2

note: interesting output here. anecdotal reports have De Anza as a stronger team than Sacramento but we'll see.

Real SoCal 1 vs Strikers 1 - match to watch

note: algo has a tie but with the edge to RSC, but the Strikers are a prideful team, and having to be satisfied with tie because RSC grabbed a late goal will likely not sit well. having said that, RSC has bigger ambitions this year, has two decent results in DA cup play so far and likely will also be up for the match. Should be fun to watch.

Sacramento Republic 2 vs Pateadores 1

Non-SoCal Games (for reference)
Vancouver Whitecaps 3 vs Real Salt Lake 8
Ballistic 1 vs SVSA 2
Portland Timbers 1 vs Real Colorado 2
Seattle Sounders 3 vs Colorado Rapids 1
Portland Timbers 1 vs Colorado Rapids 3
Seattle Sounders 4 vs Real Colorado 1
Not typically on this sites full of fantasy and none sense statements which never be close to improve the American soccer.
Why is the need to kiss mls academies asses? Can you judge equally all teams?
If LAFC or LAG tied or lose, you guys are trying to justify them under many reasons (using 06s, using the bench, new directors, etc, etc, etc...) all this is bull shit.
Are MLS academies developing? NO, there are not even close to develop a kid. They are scouters, that is it.

Is it acceptable that:
LAFC tied vs the devastated Surf?
LAFC tied vs FCGS?
LAG tied vs TFA?
LAG tied vs Sacramento?
Real Salt Lake and Barca get beat by other smaller teams?
NO IT IS NOT ACCEPTABLE. Said teams cannot lose a game vs 05 teams, they should be kicking ass a year older academies.

Being realistic, these teams can perform better than the rest without even a coach, (you can literally assign a 14 yers old player as a couch and have excellent results) all of them have 90% of the best players in town. Let me correct my self. Some of them like Barca and RSL they don’t even happy with the best talent in town, they bring players form other states, is that developing? That is telling everyone “I can’t develop, help me, bring me the best kids to cover my stupidity”

Let’s support the local soccer and give credit to the real developers.
Hopefully one day MLS will learn from them. You not only need $ to take care kids, you need heart, commitment and trust in your players.
Imagine what could be achieved if fcgs, tfa, or laufa get the financial resources as the mls teams have...
I hope your comments and opinions get fair and straight.

Not typically on this sites full of fantasy and none sense statements which never be close to improve the American soccer.
If LAFC or LAG tied or lose, you guys are trying to justify them under many reasons (using 06s, using the bench, new directors, etc, etc, etc...) all this is bull shit.
Are MLS academies developing? NO, there are not even close to develop a kid. They are scouters, that is it.

Is it acceptable that:
LAFC tied vs FCGS?
LAG tied vs TFA?
LAG tied vs Sacramento?
NO IT IS NOT ACCEPTABLE. Said teams cannot lose a game vs 05 teams, they should be kicking ass a year older academies.

Being realistic, these teams can perform better than the rest without even a coach, (you can literally assign a 14 yers old player as a couch and have excellent results) all of them have 90% of the best players in town. Let me correct my self. Some of them like Barca and RSL they don’t even happy with the best talent in town, they bring players form other states, is that developing? That is telling everyone “I can’t develop, help me, bring me the best kids to cover my stupidity”

Hopefully one day MLS will learn from them. You not only need $ to take care kids, you need heart, commitment and trust in your players.
Imagine what could be achieved if fcgs, tfa, or laufa get the financial resources as the mls teams have...
I agree and I’ve been saying this for a long time. Sure an MLS club may make a superstar even better after they recruited him from somewhere else by giving him a ton of minutes... but by leaving so many many other boys on the bench who definitely have potential isn’t helping. Especially in the 13 to 15 age groups where the growth rates are so dramatically different. By leaving a boy with the potential to be great out of games, this isn’t development. Let’s call it what it is... the word academy means school, and if the MLS academies aren’t including everyone in their curriculum just because of weights and heights then it’s truly not a school.. what it becomes then is a professional team. Ok I’m fine with that and I know it’s also fully funded. But what I’m saying is then don’t recruit the smaller gifted players only to have them not play. That’s just hurting these boys development and wasting everyone’s time. I know people are gonna argue with me about this but I do agree that MLS clubs do NOT develop. They train and practice doing exactly what other non-MLS clubs do... there is nothing special about MLS. Only their money... that’s it. If MLS teams don’t perform well, coaches and players get fired and traded. If MLS academies don’t do well, coaches and players get fired and cut. It’s a business model that doesn’t include the definition of development and it’s sad. I would really like to see USMNT do something great. But probably not gonna happen.

here's predicts vs actuals for this weekend (9/28/19). home team is listed first.

SoCal Games
predict: De Anza 2 vs Pateadores 1 Actuals: De Anza 1 vs Pateadores 0

predict: San Jose Quakes 1 vs San Diego Surf 1 Actuals: San Jose Quakes 4 vs San Diego Surf 0
note: looks like SD Surf played this one wide open with close to the expected result. SD Surf is likely going to have tough time this year. hopefully families are being extra patient/have reasonable expectations w/ the players.

predict: Nomads 3 vs Arsenal 1 Actuals: Nomads 1 vs Arsenal 1

note: Arsenal showing a bit stronger than expected, maybe something to watch here.

predict: Albion 3 vs TFA 4 Actuals: Albion 4 vs TFA 3 (thx justneedaname!)

predict:LAGSD 2 vs LAUFA 1 Actuals: LAGSD 0 vs LAUFA 1
note: per the game report, LAUFA scored early and went down to 10 for most of the 2nd half after a red on their goalie but still pulled the result out against a decent LAGSD team.

predict: Sacramento Republic 1 vs LA Galaxy 1 Actuals: Sacramento Republic 2 vs LA Galaxy 2

note: per the game report, looks like LAG played this one to win but went down to 10 after a LAG player received his second yellow. per posts, some unhappiness on the quality of refs (have noticed that the DA arbitro quality has gone down in the last two years) but this is also the second time in four games that LAG has gone down to 10 players during a match due to cards.

of note, LAG have had some unfortunate injuries including JO - LAG's leading scorer from last year who average almost a goal per game - , AK and JM.

predict: FC Golden State 1 vs LAFC 3 Actuals: FC Golden State 1 vs LAFC 1
note: Ok, we see you FCG.

per the game report, LAFC scored in the first half, and FCG scored in the 2nd. FCG also picked up a couple of yellow cards in the 2nd half but nothing horrible. looking at the sub patterns, the only notable sub on the LAFC is that DC subbed out at the end of the first half. OL got the goal for FCG so am thinking set piece but that's completely speculation. Looks like a really good match with FCG putting SoCal on notice early in the season that they're coming to be competitive this season (FCG has had mostly tight results against mostly tough opposition so far in 2019-20)

Any addt'l commentary/insight either via post ot dm?

predict: De Anza 1 vs LA Galaxy 2 Actuals: De Anza 1 vs LA Galaxy 5

note: interesting result here. anecdotal reports had De Anza as the stronger team than Sacramento, but per game report, while it was tight early with LAG only up 1-0 at half, LAG dominated this match in the 2nd half with De Anza only getting one in very late in the game.

predict: Real SoCal 1 vs Strikers 1 Actuals: Real SoCal 1 vs Strikers 5 (thx Enrique!)
note: very different result than previous match. last match was 1-1 with Strikers scoring late in the first half and RSC scoring late in the second half to tie. per the game report, in the second match, Strikers had it 2-0 at ht, and then scored another in a five minute window in the 2nd half to put the Strikers up 5-0. RSC got one back later for the final 5-1 result. Significant changes from first match to 2nd match included Strikers head coach DE was not at 2nd match, and RSC subbed out their big six at ht in the 2nd match where he played 80 in the first match.

in a tough DA Cup group, this loss may have cost RSC some street cred re: tier advancement for the club for next season. (am not 100% clear still on how the DA cup works for u15 though...)

predict: Sacramento Republic 2 vs Pateadores 1 Actuals: Sacramento Republic 2 vs Pateadores 2
note: good on the Pats here. some tight results but overall solid showing up North. per the game report, Pats went up 2-0 in the first half, but Sacto came back to tie it 2-2 in the 2nd h. Sacto subbed in a couple of key players to likely push for the win but the Pats held on for the 2-2 tie and the point.

predict: Vancouver Whitecaps 3 vs Real Salt Lake 8 Actuals: Vancouver Whitecaps 1 vs Real Salt Lake 0
note: not sure what the algo was smoking on this one (because the predict was way too high...) but to be fair, limited data. RSL went down to 10 late in the match but still seems to be underperforming

predict: Ballistic 1 vs SVSA 2 Actuals: Ballistic 2 vs SVSA 0

predict: Portland Timbers 1 vs Real Colorado 2 Actuals: Portland Timbers 1 vs Real Colorado 1

predict: Seattle Sounders 3 vs Colorado Rapids 1 Actuals: Seattle Sounders 1 vs Colorado Rapids 1

predict: Portland Timbers 1 vs Colorado Rapids 3 Actuals: pending - does anyone have results here?

predict: Seattle Sounders 4 vs Real Colorado 1 Actuals: Seattle Sounders 7 vs Real Colorado 0

Last edited:

Is it acceptable that:
LAFC tied vs FCGS?
LAG tied vs TFA?
LAG tied vs Sacramento?

there's a lot here, and a lot of passion. which is good.

have thought for a while that the MLS teams should kick in to help non-MLS academies do everything they can to be competitive. For example, enable non-MLS academies to be able to pay for coaches and facilities to have their u13 and u14s train four days a week 2 hours a day on a full field. This training regiment is the USSDA recommendation but most DA teams haven't done/don't do this. And when a team that does train in this manner plays a team that does not, it shows in a big way. It's simply the math of one team training 50% more than the other.

There's plenty of legit issues with the idea that MLS subsidize non-MLS academies, but if LAFC took some of their academy social media budget, and said, "it's critical for us to have consistently good local competition and we're going to put resources out there to support this" it would be a game changer for socal and for the DA. We all benefit always from better competition.

having said that, w/ the non-MLS academies, there's a ton they could be doing right now to better support their DA players. it's the adults' responsibility to put together a stable, professional and constructive environment to the kids to develop and grow and, to be frank, a number of non-MLS academies just don't do that.

in the light of this discussion, here's a link to a good interview that the Scuffed podcast did with LAFC's Todd Saldana that gives some insight into his thinking about some of these issues.

https://scuffed.simplecast.com/episodes/episode-100-an-interview-with-lafc-academy-director-todd-saldana

upload_2019-9-30_11-35-5.png

there's a lot here, and a lot of passion. which is good.

have thought for a while that the MLS teams should kick in to help non-MLS academies do everything they can to be competitive. For example, enable non-MLS academies to be able to pay for coaches and facilities to have their u13 and u14s train four days a week 2 hours a day on a full field. This training regiment is the USSDA recommendation but most DA teams haven't done/don't do this. And when a team that does train in this manner plays a team that does not, it shows in a big way. It's simply the math of one team training 50% more than the other.

There's plenty of legit issues with the idea that MLS subsidize non-MLS academies, but if LAFC took some of their academy social media budget, and said, "it's critical for us to have consistently good local competition and we're going to put resources out there to support this" it would be a game changer for socal and for the DA. We all benefit always from better competition.

having said that, w/ the non-MLS academies, there's a ton they could be doing right now to better support their DA players. it's the adults' responsibility to put together a stable, professional and constructive environment to the kids to develop and grow and, to be frank, a number of non-MLS academies just don't do that.

in the light of this discussion, here's a link to a good interview that the Scuffed podcast did with LAFC's Todd Saldana that gives some insight into his thinking about some of these issues.

https://scuffed.simplecast.com/episodes/episode-100-an-interview-with-lafc-academy-director-todd-saldana

View attachment 5431
I will listen the interview later. Is this the one TS stated that LAFC will be playing most of their games a year up? i haven't see that, not even vs the "weakest teams".

It is not passion, it is kinda frustration to see big talent wasted by non competent coached and directors.
Time for current players is so precious (speaking personally for my son) that wasting it is not an option for us. We cannot fall down with the same obstacles, those which the mls is falling into over and over and over.
2 months ago my son got a guarantied spot on galaxy, we got a bit excited at first, but after a deep research we had to reject the offer. will just ask few one questions as example.
How many 04 players from last year for Galaxy are in the current 04/03 roster? Do you know what Galaxy told to the 80% of these players? I tell you, "go else where and come back again to tryout next year"
They wanted to use mainly 03s on their squad in order to compete. What competition they're worry about??. we all know that maybe with luck, 3 or 4 players will make the 1st team. why is so important to win a match vs Strikers U16? We are talking to build the American soccer, not to win internal none sense games. We are internally competing on who runs faster to the other side of the box, but we haven't figure what it takes to play out of the box, we are still bouncing back and forward inside of 4 walls, like pin pong balls.
We can be here all day, talking/discussing back and forward in regards this. (with respect, I have no time for that). FCGS is a better option at least for me and my son, the MLS jersey looks very hot and attractive but my son is much important than a cartoonist logo. Since American Soccer MLS is not a reliable resource for players. My all in beat is into colleges (thing that MLS isn't willing to support). I might be interested in support MLS with my grand kids sometime in the future, but not now.
Thanks for your feedback

I will listen the interview later. Is this the one TS stated that LAFC will be playing most of their games a year up? i haven't see that, not even vs the "weakest teams".

It is not passion, it is kinda frustration to see big talent wasted by non competent coached and directors.
Time for current players is so precious (speaking personally for my son) that wasting it is not an option for us. We cannot fall down with the same obstacles, those which the mls is falling into over and over and over.
2 months ago my son got a guarantied spot on galaxy, we got a bit excited at first, but after a deep research we had to reject the offer. will just ask few one questions as example.
How many 04 players from last year for Galaxy are in the current 04/03 roster? Do you know what Galaxy told to the 80% of these players? I tell you, "go else where and come back again to tryout next year"
They wanted to use mainly 03s on their squad in order to compete. What competition they're worry about??. we all know that maybe with luck, 3 or 4 players will make the 1st team. why is so important to win a match vs Strikers U16? We are talking to build the American soccer, not to win internal none sense games. We are internally competing on who runs faster to the other side of the box, but we haven't figure what it takes to play out of the box, we are still bouncing back and forward inside of 4 walls, like pin pong balls.
We can be here all day, talking/discussing back and forward in regards this. (with respect, I have no time for that). FCGS is a better option at least for me and my son, the MLS jersey looks very hot and attractive but my son is much important than a cartoonist logo. Since American Soccer MLS is not a reliable resource for players. My all in beat is into colleges (thing that MLS isn't willing to support). I might be interested in support MLS with my grand kids sometime in the future, but not now.
Thanks for your feedback
100% agree. particularly on limited time window for the kids.

the Scuffed interview is different - and more in-depth - than what LAFC published. Scuffed in general is a really solid resource.

agreed that LAFC has been talking about playing kids up but has done that less than they inferred they would.

best of luck this year. nice showing against LAFC, btw. looks like it was a tight game.

Last edited:
here's predicts for this weekend (10/5). home is listed first. big weekend with a number of matches to watch. here is the separate thread for the LA Galaxy vs LAFC match - http://www.socalsoccer.com/threads/...afc-predict-and-commentary-october-5th.17984/

SoCal Games
Real SoCal 2 vs Barca Academy 1 - match to watch
note: this DA Cup group is probably one of the toughest Tier 2 DA Cup groups in the country, w/ each team legitimately having a beef that their u19 team was relegated to Tier 2 by USSDA. Very little has been said about how USSDA will re-evaluate the Tier 2 groupings at the end of the 2019-20 season but just looking at the groups and clubs and their historical performance statistically, if a club is not MLS, historical performance plays a very big role in USSDA's tiering to date. So, no pressure you guys.

RSC has to make up for the 1-5 loss to the Strikers from last week, and the Barca team - which was largely newly recruited for this season and includes four former SD Surf starters, two former TFA starters and the #5 TDS ranked player in the country - also has something to prove. Should be a fun match to watch.

San Jose Earthquakes 2 vs FC Golden State 1 - match to watch
note: FCG is just off a decent result - 1-1 tie - with LAFC. Next step is traveling north for the SJ Quakes. TDS ranks LAFC as the #3 team in the country, and SJ Quakes as the #7 team in the country. Let's see what you got FCG. (particularly given that there's only one match up north. hope USSDA pitched in on travel costs for this one...)

Strikers 2 vs Crossfire Premier 2 - match to watch
note: see the notes above re: DA Cup. Strikers are strong goal scorers and Crossfire has one of the better defenses in the country. Should be a fun match to watch.

Arsenal 1 vs San Diego Surf 2

Real Salt Lake 2 vs TFA 1 - match to watch

note: the algo has this as a 1-1 tie with the slight edge to TFA, but the algo doesn't have a lot of data on RSL, so it's wrong.

RSL - like Barca - has a team that was largely newly recruited for this season (RSL engaged the Soccer Syndicate to do their recruiting here's the SS website - http://thesoccersyndicate.com/) and includes three former starters from SD Surf, a player from Chula Vista FC and a player from Santa Barbara SC.

On paper, RSL should dominate TFA - particularly given that TFA lost so many players going into this season - but TFA has been playing with a lot of pride and showing that the new guys can play as well. Also, RSL has been underperforming to date and looks like they're still trying to figure out the best way to play with the players they've got.

Be interesting to see how this one goes.

Pateadores 2 vs LAUFA 2

Silicon Valley SA 1 vs Nomads 1

Breakers 0 vs Nomads 1

Breakers 1 vs Albion 2

Silicon Valley SA 3 vs Albion 1

Strikers 2 vs Barca 1 - match to watch

Real So Cal 1 vs Crossfire Premier 4 - match to watch
note: RSC managed to tie Crossfire last time these two played but Crossfire was missing two key players. With a lot on the line, Crossfire (out of all the teams relegated to Tier 2) probably has the biggest beef w/ USSDA and something to prove.

By way of background, USSDA may or may not have considered Crossfire's complaint/lawsuit about US Soccer not forwarding solidarity payments for Yedlin when relegating Crossfire to Tier 2 status, but most folks think the complaint/lawsuit played a part in USSDA's decision, particularly given that Crossfire has been one of the top performing DA clubs across age groups for the last decade.

Short version then is that Crossfire Premier is not likely to let a tied result from last match stand.

CO Rapids 1 vs Real Colorado 2
De Anza Force 3 vs Sacramento Republic 5
Portland Timbers 2 vs Vancouver Whitecaps 1
San Jose Earthquakes 2 vs De Anza Force 0

Last edited:

Thanks for your feedback
I agree with most of what you shared
I had a good experience with my 06 atGSA
But not for my 05
Every club has its pros and cons
GS did the same thing with the 04s from last year and they had a very solid team told them they would only roster 03s
And a lot players that were there since u12s left.
On the 05s they had tryouts in June and they still didn’t have a roster til 2nd Game of season.
We all have different expectations but most are very similar.

here's predicts for this weekend (10/5). home is listed first. big weekend with a number of matches to watch. btw, will put together a separate thread for the LA Galaxy vs LAFC match.

SoCal Games
Real SoCal 2 vs Barca Academy 1 - match to watch
note: this DA Cup group is probably one of the toughest Tier 2 DA Cup groups in the country, w/ each team legitimately having a beef that their u19 team was relegated to Tier 2 by USSDA. Very little has been said about how USSDA will re-evaluate the Tier 2 groupings at the end of the 2019-20 season but just looking at the groups and clubs and their historical performance statistically, if a club is not MLS, historical performance plays a very big role in USSDA's tiering to date. So, no pressure you guys.

RSC has to make up for the 1-5 loss to the Strikers from last week, and the Barca team - which was largely newly recruited for this season and includes four former SD Surf starters, two former TFA starters and the #5 TDS ranked player in the country - also has something to prove. Should be a fun match to watch.

San Jose Earthquakes 2 vs FC Golden State 1 - match to watch
note: FCG is just off a decent result - 1-1 tie - with LAFC. Next step is traveling north for the SJ Quakes. TDS ranks LAFC as the #3 team in the country, and SJ Quakes as the #7 team in the country. Let's see what you got FCG. (particularly given that there's only one match up north. hope USSDA pitched in on travel costs for this one...)

Strikers 2 vs Crossfire Premier 2 - match to watch
note: see the notes above re: DA Cup. Strikers are strong goal scorers and Crossfire has one of the better defenses in the country. Should be a fun match to watch.

Arsenal 1 vs San Diego Surf 2

Real Salt Lake 2 vs TFA 1 - match to watch

note: the algo has this as a 1-1 tie with the slight edge to TFA, but the algo doesn't have a lot of data on RSL, so it's wrong.

RSL - like Barca - has a team that was largely newly recruited for this season (RSL engaged the Soccer Syndicate to do their recruiting here's the SS website - http://thesoccersyndicate.com/) and includes three former starters from SD Surf, a player from Chula Vista FC and a player from Santa Barbara SC.

On paper, RSL should dominate TFA - particularly given that TFA lost so many players going into this season - but TFA has been playing with a lot of pride and showing that the new guys can play as well. Also, RSL has been underperforming to date and looks like they're still trying to figure out the best way to play with the players they've got.

Be interesting to see how this one goes.

Pateadores 2 vs LAUFA 2

Silicon Valley SA 1 vs Nomads 1

Breakers 0 vs Nomads 1

Breakers 1 vs Albion 2

Silicon Valley SA 3 vs Albion 1

Strikers 2 vs Barca 1 - match to watch

Real So Cal 1 vs Crossfire Premier 4 - match to watch
note: RSC managed to tie Crossfire last time these two played but Crossfire was missing two key players. With a lot on the line, Crossfire (out of all the teams relegated to Tier 2) probably has the biggest beef w/ USSDA and something to prove.

By way of background, USSDA may or may not have considered Crossfire's complaint/lawsuit about US Soccer not forwarding solidarity payments for Yedlin when relegating Crossfire to Tier 2 status, but most folks think the complaint/lawsuit played a part in USSDA's decision, particularly given that Crossfire has been one of the top performing DA clubs across age groups for the last decade.

Short version then is that Crossfire Premier is not likely to let a tied result from last match stand.

CO Rapids 1 vs Real Colorado 2
De Anza Force 3 vs Sacramento Republic 5
Portland Timbers 2 vs Vancouver Whitecaps 1
San Jose Earthquakes 2 vs De Anza Force 0
TFA will be raking 5 06 players that should make it more interesting!

How many 04 players from last year for Galaxy are in the current 04/03 roster? Do you know what Galaxy told to the 80% of these players? I tell you, "go else where and come back again to tryout next year" They wanted to use mainly 03s on their squad in order to compete. What competition they're worry about??

Where are you getting your intel from? My kid is an 04 on that team and I seriously doubt 80% of his peers were told to "go else where and come back...next year". No one I've talked to was told anything like that, and we weren't either. Also, they aren't going heavy 2003 on the rosters so far this season. A lot of 2003s are playing up. First 4 games, starters include pretty much half 2004s. All have been field players, no GKs...

vs. FCGS - 6x 2004s, 5x 2003s
vs. San Jose - 5x 2004s, 6x 2003s
vs. SacRep - 5x 2004s, 6x 2003s
vs. DeAnza- 6x 2004s, 5x 2003s

There are 18x 2004s, and to answer the question about how many from last year...11x came back, so 7x of these 2004s are new signings. Hardly a sign that 80% were told to go away and that Galaxy were planning to use mainly 2003s. You make some good points in your comments, but you sound like sour grapes about Galaxy. I recommend that you have your facts straight before you come on here talking like you're an authority on the organization.

Where are you getting your intel from? My kid is an 04 on that team and I seriously doubt 80% of his peers were told to "go else where and come back...next year". No one I've talked to was told anything like that, and we weren't either. Also, they aren't going heavy 2003 on the rosters so far this season. A lot of 2003s are playing up. First 4 games, starters include pretty much half 2004s. All have been field players, no GKs...

vs. FCGS - 6x 2004s, 5x 2003s
vs. San Jose - 5x 2004s, 6x 2003s
vs. SacRep - 5x 2004s, 6x 2003s
vs. DeAnza- 6x 2004s, 5x 2003s

There are 18x 2004s, and to answer the question about how many from last year...11x came back, so 7x of these 2004s are new signings. Hardly a sign that 80% were told to go away and that Galaxy were planning to use mainly 2003s. You make some good points in your comments, but you sound like sour grapes about Galaxy. I recommend that you have your facts straight before you come on here talking like you're an authority on the organization.
Not willing to discuss color tones with anybody.
Enjoy your son high education program and playtime. The best business deals, regardless the terms, are those where you end up happy.
to be clear, (nothing against Galaxy specifically, I am targeting my OPINIONS to the green MLS program)

Not willing to discuss color tones with anybody.
Enjoy your son high education program and playtime. The best business deals, regardless the terms, are those where you end up happy.
to be clear, (nothing against Galaxy specifically, I am targeting my OPINIONS to the green MLS program)

When a team has 33 kids on a roster and only 16 can play each week one has to wonder why parking players is good for development, competition, or whatever the rational beyond that sort of things are besides taking advantage of the "status" situation. Part time players would seem to be more appropriate for a bunch of them, let them get some playing time & experience elsewhere.

Back