2003 Champions League Playoffs

Wow! Nice comeback?

Yes, nice comeback by the players. Once Strikers OC adapted to the physical play that Irvine Slammers employs, they played well. Nothing dirty by Slammers, just physical.

As for the second half, game was tied by a shot outside the box that hit the underside of the crossbar and landed just inside the goal line. After that bounce off the ground, the spin on the ball had it come out into the 18 yard box, so it looked like it may not have been a goal. I was sitting on the 18 yard line and could barely tell that it was a goal. Then with about 10 minutes to play, Strikers had a shot on goal that went just over the keepers hands.

Very proud of the way that Strikers responded in the second half. Kudos to Slammers, they played well enough to advance.

Yes, nice comeback by the players. Once Strikers OC adapted to the physical play that Irvine Slammers employs, they played well. Nothing dirty by Slammers, just physical.

As for the second half, game was tied by a shot outside the box that hit the underside of the crossbar and landed just inside the goal line. After that bounce off the ground, the spin on the ball had it come out into the 18 yard box, so it looked like it may not have been a goal. I was sitting on the 18 yard line and could barely tell that it was a goal. Then with about 10 minutes to play, Strikers had a shot on goal that went just over the keepers hands.

Very proud of the way that Strikers responded in the second half. Kudos to Slammers, they played well enough to advance.
Good luck vs Beach tomorrow! Should be a fun competitive game. May the best team win!!

enjoyed watching both teams scrap this out. Was it just me or was the ref a little quick to blow the whistle? More free kicks than I have ever seen in a game. Legends have an amazing throw in (almost like a corner kick).

enjoyed watching both teams scrap this out. Was it just me or was the ref a little quick to blow the whistle? More free kicks than I have ever seen in a game. Legends have an amazing throw in (almost like a corner kick).
Agreed...amazing throw in!

Congratulations to Blues Holley. Winning the Champions Division as a Europa League entrant is even more impressive.

I also want to congratulate Legends Academy for making the finals. Not an easy task and they had to get past two very good teams to get to the finals.

Back