2002 SCDSL CHAMPIONS PLAYOFFS

Well Saturday - it held pretty close to the original rankings in the Champions league playoff. The only significant surprise was the loss by Legends Academy II to the Strikers OC EGSL team. Legends II went 7-2-1 in league play in the top bracket against some pretty good teams. I am surprised to see them lose to a lower bracket Strikers team. I wonder if shifting of players between Legends I & II teams was common place to make the best teams for any given weekend? Perfectly ok under SCDSL club pass rules - but tough when both teams play on the same day (like these playoffs). Other possibility might be Strikers found some additional players available to help bolster their ranks? Maybe someone more familiar with the game has a comment...or not...

The other "upset" would be top of lower bracket Sharks edging past LA Galaxy SB - the last qualifier from the upper bracket. Maybe not a surprise here.upload_2016-11-6_12-37-21.png

Well Saturday - it held pretty close to the original rankings in the Champions league playoff. The only significant surprise was the loss by Legends Academy II to the Strikers OC EGSL team. Legends II went 7-2-1 in league play in the top bracket against some pretty good teams. I am surprised to see them lose to a lower bracket Strikers team. I wonder if shifting of players between Legends I & II teams was common place to make the best teams for any given weekend? Perfectly ok under SCDSL club pass rules - but tough when both teams play on the same day (like these playoffs). Other possibility might be Strikers found some additional players available to help bolster their ranks? Maybe someone more familiar with the game has a comment...or not...

The other "upset" would be top of lower bracket Sharks edging past LA Galaxy SB - the last qualifier from the upper bracket. Maybe not a surprise here.View attachment 301
Keep an eye out for ecnl patches over the playoffs. It is always fun to help sister teams out and get the upsets. Can ecnl players also help their sister teams out in National Cup?

Keep an eye out for ecnl patches over the playoffs. It is always fun to help sister teams out and get the upsets. Can ecnl players also help their sister teams out in National Cup?
I saw some patches out there last weekend so I guess they can. Certainly not players on the traditional SCDSL team if they are on the ECNL team.

I saw some patches out there last weekend so I guess they can. Certainly not players on the traditional SCDSL team if they are on the ECNL team.
Word has it there will be players with patches out there this weekend as well if they aren't going to Phoenix. Also, keep in mind some players are dual rostered, so not all players with patches are guest playing. Good luck to all Teams this weekend in advancing. Will there be any more upsets?

The other "upset" would be top of lower bracket Sharks edging past LA Galaxy SB - the last qualifier from the upper bracket. Maybe not a surprise here.View attachment 301

I agree.........i watched the first 3 morning games in that vicinity and Legends 1 looked alot better than legends 2 and im sure some players flip flopped in season. The strikers team is a good possesion team with a killer goalkeeper and i believe there were 3 borrows from their 03 ecnl team that game, but in all fairness legends 2 looked out possesed by a long shot. The keeper had amazing saves and frustrated a legends player into retaliation on a corner which resulted in a Red card. Keeper is a beast!

The sharks seemed to command their bracket and have a pretty stout defense. Sharks have a great center back and shut down LAGSB's striker....... I didnt see much of LAGSB during the season, i guess I would have expected more from them, but maybe it was not their day. Not all Champions division teams actually belong, i think some "so called lower bracket" teams could have competed well there, but with the age shake up no one knew exactly what they had!

going forward ...........

Beach over Sharks
Blues over SlammersHB
Strikers over SlammersReserve
Legends1 over SlammersFC

sorry slammers.........

I agree.........i watched the first 3 morning games in that vicinity and Legends 1 looked alot better than legends 2 and im sure some players flip flopped in season. The strikers team is a good possesion team with a killer goalkeeper and i believe there were 3 borrows from their 03 ecnl team that game, but in all fairness legends 2 looked out possesed by a long shot. The keeper had amazing saves and frustrated a legends player into retaliation on a corner which resulted in a Red card. Keeper is a beast!

The sharks seemed to command their bracket and have a pretty stout defense. Sharks have a great center back and shut down LAGSB's striker....... I didnt see much of LAGSB during the season, i guess I would have expected more from them, but maybe it was not their day. Not all Champions division teams actually belong, i think some "so called lower bracket" teams could have competed well there, but with the age shake up no one knew exactly what they had!

going forward ...........

Beach over Sharks
Blues over SlammersHB
Strikers over SlammersReserve
Legends1 over SlammersFC

sorry slammers.........

Predictions:
Beach over Sharks
Slammers HB over Blues
Strikers over Slammers Reserve (Strikers will have 3 borrows from their 03 ecnl team this weekend as well and Slammers Reserve has quite a few injuries. Another upset is in the making.)
Legends1 over CDA Slammers

Predictions:
Beach over Sharks
Slammers HB over Blues
Strikers over Slammers Reserve (Strikers will have 3 borrows from their 03 ecnl team this weekend as well and Slammers Reserve has quite a few injuries. Another upset is in the making.)
Legends1 over CDA Slammers

GOOD JOB soccer 123........you got them all right, but BLUES did go to PK's and unfortunatly for them they hit the post 2 or 3 times once with an open net......should have won, but gave slammers a chance to take it to the spot............

BEACH FC over SLAMMERS HB
LEGENDS 1 over STRIKERS OC

but im rooting for an upset, always love the underdog!!!

GOOD JOB soccer 123........you got them all right, but BLUES did go to PK's and unfortunatly for them they hit the post 2 or 3 times once with an open net......should have won, but gave slammers a chance to take it to the spot............

BEACH FC over SLAMMERS HB
LEGENDS 1 over STRIKERS OC

but im rooting for an upset, always love the underdog!!!
Predictions for this weekend.....no upsets this weekend.....minimal to no patches this weekend.....Legends big win over Strikers and Beach win over Slammers HB. Good luck to all Teams! May the best Team win!!

Predictions for this weekend.....no upsets this weekend.....minimal to no patches this weekend.....Legends big win over Strikers and Beach win over Slammers HB. Good luck to all Teams! May the best Team win!!
Beach 4-0 win and Legends 6-0 win! Congrats! Going to be a great Championship game! Good luck to both Teams! Well deserved!!

Back