2001 Best Teams???

I was wondering who some of the best G01 (even G00 and G02) teams in SoCal are... I mean obviously the big clubs, but specifics. ECNL, future DA, I don't really care, and not just by stats, but by actual depth, style of play, from keeper to forward. Thanks!

Just seems like there are too many unknowns right now to even talk about this until the late summer. ECNL players locked up for another 3 months, DA teams at these age groups in limbo, coaching assignments up in the air and with the combining of age groups due to DA there is likely to be massive player movement both within club teams and between clubs. There will be perennial "top clubs" but depth and style of play is about to get turned on its head (again).

Don't forget too many player movement that is going to happen or has happened already.

Are you all seriously thinking that kids and families in ECNL are thinking about moving now?! I think that number is very few. There's a lot at stake this half of ECNL season. Players should be worried about playoffs, college showcases and staying healthy. I'm hope their focus is on TODAY, not next season. I wouldn't think most high level ECNL 01's are even worried about DA. They will be committed so very soon. End of story. It's the 02's and younger that will see impact.

Are you all seriously thinking that kids and families in ECNL are thinking about moving now?! I think that number is very few. There's a lot at stake this half of ECNL season. Players should be worried about playoffs, college showcases and staying healthy. I'm hope their focus is on TODAY, not next season. I wouldn't think most high level ECNL 01's are even worried about DA. They will be committed so very soon. End of story. It's the 02's and younger that will see impact.
Agree Copa. 01 and older who are ECNL ar unlikely to make a change. It's the Non-ECNL 01 that will. As far as focusing on TODAY, clubs make that hard when they are having tryouts NOW. Timing of stuff like this has always been very poor. Tryouts are never well timed, IMO.

Back