1 last run...

Overlap

SILVER ELITE
I've been away from the forum for a bit but, glad to have come back across it. I've had a ton of laughs over the years reading the parents that are as crazy about their kids soccer as I am. I'm not looking as forward to this season as years past as I know this will be my oldest DD's last club season run. They've worked hard as a team and reached the top to play their last season as Premier. It's been such a pleasure to have coached them when they were little and a huge honor to watch them grow as talented athletes and terrific young adults. I've gone through 2 cars, driven over 200K miles, been up before the sun countless times to get her there on time. (She forgot her boots 1 time in the early years and never again), I've had the privilege of meeting some of the best people I now call friends. It's been bumpy at times the last few seasons with everyone trying to figure out the "college" thing, almost half are committed and the one's that want to play, I hope find their new college home soon. For the younger teams and parents of those player's, stop freaking out about every detail, things work out if they're meant to. You have the ability to fix a problem(s) and not be a jerk about it like some can be. Chasing teams is NOT the way to go unless you have a total loser coach and you'll know that by the end of their first season. Sit back, stop yelling directions that are counter productive to their coaches, if you think you know more than them, get your license and coach or keep quite on the sideline and enjoy watching your kid play, this time will go by so fast. I'm thankful and lucky enough to have a younger DD and I will spend these last few season's enjoying every one of both of their game's with a completely new out look, just enjoying this time with them and watching them play...

Last edited:
Best of luck to your daughter
What a great statement and sentiments you share.
I feel like printing this out and putting it in my wallet to pull out on those days where I lose a little perspective.

Best of luck to your daughter
What a great statement and sentiments you share.
I feel like printing this out and putting it in my wallet to pull out on those days where I lose a little perspective.

Thank you, All the best to yours as well, it really is amazing to see the stuff that goes on over the years, the reality is, it's usually the parents that screw it up for kids, thinking they have to play ECNL, different team, bigger club, whatever (of the ones that left to pursue those avenues, there was no greater success, some are no longer playing for various reasons), while it caused minor hiccups for the team, the core stuck together as "team" and that will speak volumes for all of those kids in later life lessons, very proud of all of them.

Back