06 Legends vs Anaheim Surf Score

Based on what has been written, it sounds like Anaheim Surf asserts "plausible deniability," on the grounds that somebody showed them a 2006 birth certificate for a player who was widely known to be born in 2005. It sounds like others reported the overrage player to Anaheim Surf, and they took no reasonable steps to determine whether the player was really the correct age. And why would they? They obtained a competitive benefit from having an overage player on the team, especially as she brought other talented players with her.

If ... Anaheim Surf's 2006 team played in any State Cup game with a 2005 player, then this result is a stain on youth soccer. It doesn't matter if the "club" did not know if the player was a 2005. It doesn't matter if her coach or her teammates did not know if she was a 2005. If it happened, then the team gained an illegal competitive advantage in earlier rounds because they used an older player. And the team would not have the same roster, because it would not have the "other" talented players who came with the 2005 player. The team should have been disqualified. Period. Calsouth blew it.

And if everything that has been said is true about having an overage player on the team, then Anaheim Surf shows little regard for honesty or fair play. On its website, Anaheim Surf says: "Development is Our Goal. Teaching is Our Business." Is there anyone who believes they mean it? If they used illegal players, how is that "development," and what were they "teaching?"

Good game to all the girls. They played great. It was fun to see both games on going at the same time too. AS had possession and had some great opportunities to score more. Good luck tomorrow in the finals Surf vs. surf....

Good game to all the girls. They played great. It was fun to see both games on going at the same time too. AS had possession and had some great opportunities to score more. Good luck tomorrow in the finals Surf vs. surf....
I am awaiting further explanation from Anaheim Surf. Somehow I doubt it will be forthcoming. If Anaheim Surf used an overage player in any State Cup game, then Anaheim Surf is undeserving of your "good luck" wishes. The team should have voluntarily stepped aside to allow another, non-cheating team to compete.

My sense is that you are an Anaheim Surf parent hoping to tamp down the anger at your team. But if it is true that an overage player was rostered, and it sure sounds like it so far, then it is your team, your parents, your coaches, and your club who allowed this to happen, and none of you have the courage to accept the consequences of your behavior. You deserve all the opprobrium you get.

Teach your children well.

Actually Mrjackten, CalSouth does owe those teams who played an Anaheim Surf team that appears to have had an ineligible player an explanation. And, given that this organization is the governing body for the game our 'CHILDREN' play, I would think that the vast majority of people who PAY THEIR OWN MONEY to this body would want to have some transparency into this particularly disconcerting situation.

So, YES, fine SIR we are all owed an explanation!!!!

Ohhhhh noooooo. All of these people are hurting my feelings. Giving me thumbs down
What will I do with myself?
Get a life people

I need to hurry up and log out so I don't feel bad about myself in the morning

Taunting ulittle parents- cute. Let me help them out.
There are obvious ways to proceed outside the scope of Cal South. Social media and press would love this story, especially if Anaheim wins it all.

So did the 2005 player play or not play in today's semi-final for Anaheim Surf. Oh wait I mean "alleged" 2005 player.

There is no 2005 player (contrary to the prior CalSouth investigation, multiple families saying so, two years of being registered as an 05 and multiple coaches saying so). Just a player who was disqualified for some unknown reason and not playing in today's game.

These teams met in Crossfire Tournament score ended 1-0 AS over SDS will be interesting to see if OS Def made a difference

So the player in question did NOT play in today's game? Is this player playing in the finals? I guess I still don't get it. If the player has proven that they are a 2006 player with "official certified" birth certificate than why aren't they playing? Not allowing the player to play is confusing because that seems to imply some wrongdoing which should have made the team ineligible for prior wins in State Cup? Freaking CalSouth take a decision making class would ya.

Mr or Mrs USSoccer23, you are so correct! I think all of us would like to know why this player was DQed (not ruled ineligible, btw). Rumor, and as Thunderbolt has pointed out it is all rumor, is that it is because she had multiple years with an 05 'fake' documents (prior to the REAL 06 one). It is also interesting to note that, again rumor has it, the investigator that ruled that there was a real issue and no one from LAGSB (or any other group filing complaints) were in the 'closed door' meeting. Sounds like all the people in the meeting wanted this to go away (CalSouth leadership Cindy Quan, San Diego Surf General Counsel).

Mr or Mrs USSoccer23, you are so correct! I think all of us would like to know why this player was DQed (not ruled ineligible, btw). Rumor, and as Thunderbolt has pointed out it is all rumor, is that it is because she had multiple years with an 05 'fake' documents (prior to the REAL 06 one). It is also interesting to note that, again rumor has it, the investigator that ruled that there was a real issue and no one from LAGSB (or any other group filing complaints) were in the 'closed door' meeting. Sounds like all the people in the meeting wanted this to go away (CalSouth leadership Cindy Quan, San Diego Surf General Counsel).

The decision looks to me like a Solomonic baby-splitting compromise - the troublesome player is gone, but the innocent team gets to play on.

The only ones who could possible be offended are the members and supporters of the teams who played AS in the interval of interest.

Not to mention in that meeting they were able to pick and choose what documents they wanted to use. Thus ignoring the rest. The investigator in all this was not informed that the decision had changed late on Friday. Obviously removing the one individual who was honest in this entire and now ugly process. This matter is no longer about the kids on the Anaheim Surf team or protecting the game of soccer but rather protecting a brand.

Back