05 keepers

cheaper2keeper

SILVER ELITE
I haven't been around the Girls '05 age group in a year, so I was wondering if the forum occupants could help me out. I want to know the top keepers to watch. I'd like to get a realistic view of where my dd is at as she returns playing keeper full time. Thank you in advance for the input.

I think this is at best a very difficult question. Are the best keepers the keepers on the top rated teams? Sometimes those keepers don't get a lot of work because the defense is so good.

I will tell you that my daughter's most recent evaluation from LAGSD covered these areas as respects to Technical: Set Position; Catching; Diving/Falling; Diving Extension; Punching; Distribution punt/drop kick; Goal kick; Receiving High Balls; Receiving Low Balls; Field Skills; Shot Handling. Then for tactical it included: 1 v 1/breakaways; Angels; Coming Off Line; Controlling Game Temp0; Communication; Anticipation; Intercepting Crosses. Has your daughter received an evaluation that covers these areas? If not, it may be worth it to get one from her keeper coach.

I know that all of the SDDA teams have been eliminated from National Cup. Coast has 2 teams left and the rest are SCDSL Flight 1. If I was going to evaluate my kid I would start with SCDSL Flight 1 team goalies. Good luck.

I think this is at best a very difficult question. Are the best keepers the keepers on the top rated teams? Sometimes those keepers don't get a lot of work because the defense is so good.

I will tell you that my daughter's most recent evaluation from LAGSD covered these areas as respects to Technical: Set Position; Catching; Diving/Falling; Diving Extension; Punching; Distribution punt/drop kick; Goal kick; Receiving High Balls; Receiving Low Balls; Field Skills; Shot Handling. Then for tactical it included: 1 v 1/breakaways; Angels; Coming Off Line; Controlling Game Temp0; Communication; Anticipation; Intercepting Crosses. Has your daughter received an evaluation that covers these areas? If not, it may be worth it to get one from her keeper coach.

I know that all of the SDDA teams have been eliminated from National Cup. Coast has 2 teams left and the rest are SCDSL Flight 1. If I was going to evaluate my kid I would start with SCDSL Flight 1 team goalies. Good luck.

She last had her evaluation after her u9 season (part of my frustration with her last club). I know her shortcomings. I just want to know what keepers to watch to compare as she progresses in her own training.

I've noticed a lot of different styles of keepers, at all ages. Some stay on their line, others are all over the place. High School and College keepers are the same. Some don't seem to move at all, some are pretty active. Has to be very tough to compare different keepers, as each of our kids has different strengths thus have different styles. Throw in the type of defense in front of the keepers, gives each keeper such uniqueness.

Reactions: htk
I haven't been around the Girls '05 age group in a year, so I was wondering if the forum occupants could help me out. I want to know the top keepers to watch. I'd like to get a realistic view of where my dd is at as she returns playing keeper full time. Thank you in advance for the input.
RSC has a solid 05 keeper.

Murrieta surf 05 keeper is excellent. Blues wanted her but the distance is just too far... (at 11) not to mention the dreaded Ortega.

I thought the LAUFA keeper was very good. She demonstrated good technique, made several key saves and mobile. Along with that she was excellent with her feet and could play the ball out to her defenders much like a field player. Her ability to strike the ball was also very impressive.

Reactions: KJR
Back