04' Player Development - Trophies v Development

I heard it was hot.
I think though that is a huge thing overlooked at our age group because they sub so much. We had forwards routinely score then taken off "for a rest". That goes away.
There is a you tube video of UCLA pre season training BEEP test last year. I made my daughter watch it as Annie Alvarado stayed the beep. It was exhausting watching - and I explained to her that is the level of fitness expected at D1. This current level of fitness isn't going to get anyone to a YNT level or D1.
It's funny with boys this is already part of what I see- the boys in football and baseball, lacrosse are conditioning hard. I can't speak to the pros and cons but I have yet to see an 04 program where fitness was a part of our training. It was an afterthought.

I have seen that video. She upped the team record. I hope that she makes the Seattle Reign. She is a quality player and works extremely hard.

Now you are starting leave checkers behind and play chess. Bravo to you as it will be beneficial to your player to focus on her not trophies.

Thanks that means so much coming from you. It truly is a mindset change- a concerted mind set change regarding nutrition, rehab, film, mental strength, being a better team mate and player. It's a big step for a little girl I think.
Since this isn't something that coaches "teach" I have had to rely on older parents and others so I am thankful for any insights.

I have seen that video. She upped the team record. I hope that she makes the Seattle Reign. She is a quality player and works extremely hard.

Me too! She's my daughters idol. Nice role model to look up to. If you can think of any other player that would be good for someone to follow and emulate let me know- social media and you tube changes the way the girls can think about the game now

I heard it was hot.
I think though that is a huge thing overlooked at our age group because they sub so much. We had forwards routinely score then taken off "for a rest". That goes away.
There is a you tube video of UCLA pre season training BEEP test last year. I made my daughter watch it as Annie Alvarado stayed the beep. It was exhausting watching - and I explained to her that is the level of fitness expected at D1. This current level of fitness isn't going to get anyone to a YNT level or D1.
It's funny with boys this is already part of what I see- the boys in football and baseball, lacrosse are conditioning hard. I can't speak to the pros and cons but I have yet to see an 04 program where fitness was a part of our training. It was an afterthought.

Any chance you can post a link to that video?

Any chance you can post a link to that video?

Hi sorry for late reply- if you have Facebook it's a 17:45 second video in Aug. go to UCLA WOMENS SOCCER FB PAGE. Scroll the videos. I think the one behind her was an Arsenal or Lengends freshman. It really is a wake up call to how hard these ladies in college work- my DD couldn't believe the grit

For the record all the videos on that FB page are pretty great.
Part of DA is mental strength. It's important to incorporate it into their daily schedule in my opinion and the UCLA videos, other inspirational videos are an easy way to take a few minutes :)

NoShow is that all you got? Haha!

I live in Upland and know all about RB and his style of play. You do know RB had a 2001 Arsenal team that won National Cup back at U12 or U13 right?. Guess what that team is a shell of itself today. Seriously, the best coach that can develop players and play true possession soccer at Arsenal is Hector Alcantar, unfortunately he is your Pre-Academy Boys coach. My bad, you have only been in SoCal for only a year and still learning the soccer landscape.

As for winning, I like winning too, but I didn't sacrifice my DDs development for it. I believe with proper development, the winning will follow and I don't mean my DD's National Cup Championship back at U14 or her ODP Regional Championship too. I'm posting about when she was recruited and committed as a HS sophomore.

Good Luck to you and your DD though. Hope you navigate the soccer landscape properly and most of all....make sure RB doesn't develop her to have a Donkey Kong 1st touch.

I think you may be mistaken again - on several levels. Lots of very elite talent at Arsenal right now on the girls side. It will be interesting to see what happens once DA starts.

I think you may be mistaken again - on several levels. Lots of very elite talent at Arsenal right now on the girls side. It will be interesting to see what happens once DA starts.
NAH, you are! The only team doing well at Arsenal is the 3rd place GU14 team. As I posted....once, the Arsenal girls get to heavy recruiting years. Their best players leave for better clubs that have a proven track record for getting girls in college.

What ever happened to the 2001 Arsenal team that won National Cup a couple years back.....sitting in 7th place in the ECNL standings.

NAH, you are! The only team doing well at Arsenal is the 3rd place GU14 team. As I posted....once, the Arsenal girls get to heavy recruiting years. Their best players leave for better clubs that have a proven track record for getting girls in college.

What ever happened to the 2001 Arsenal team that won National Cup a couple years back.....sitting in 7th place in the ECNL standings.

Multiple girls on the G15 and G16 YNT rosters from Arsenal. Also, some additional ODP players from those age groups. I think Arsenal has more girls at those recent camps than any other SoCal club. As an ironic twist, most of those girls play up on their teams. I guess Arsenal is about development, not winning. ;)

The 2001 Arsenal team won National Cup? Did the Bakers not play that year?

What's the difference between elite talent and "very" elite talent. Is there also "somewhat" elite talent and "super-duper" elite talent?Do the team names have that attached to the end? As in : (Insert Club Name) GU9 Very Elite???
;);)

Multiple girls on the G15 and G16 YNT rosters from Arsenal. Also, some additional ODP players from those age groups. I think Arsenal has more girls at those recent camps than any other SoCal club. As an ironic twist, most of those girls play up on their teams. I guess Arsenal is about development, not winning. ;)

The 2001 Arsenal team won National Cup? Did the Bakers not play that year?

It was State Cup, afterwards 3-4 Arsenal players bolted to the Blues Bakers team who then won National Cup the year. Same result Arsenal players bolting for better clubs. Like I posted the Arsenal best players will bolt to better clubs. It's a guarantee, especially with Girls DA.

Put down the crack pipe, if you think Arsenal is a great Uolders club. There is a reason they didn't get Girls DA. Ironic they already had a Boys DA and is current ECNL club. US Soccer has spoken!

It was State Cup, afterwards 3-4 Arsenal players bolted to the Blues Bakers team who then won National Cup the year. Same result Arsenal players bolting for better clubs. Like I posted the Arsenal best players will bolt to better clubs. It's a guarantee, especially with Girls DA.

Put down the crack pipe, if you think Arsenal is a great Uolders club. There is a reason they didn't get Girls DA. Ironic they already had a Boys DA and is current ECNL club. US Soccer has spoken!
Don't worry those Arsenal YNT players will eventually move to Legends or to a South OC DA club.

What's the difference between elite talent and "very" elite talent. Is there also "somewhat" elite talent and "super-duper" elite talent?Do the team names have that attached to the end? As in : (Insert Club Name) GU9 Very Elite???
;);)

Very elite = a top 5-10 talent in the country. Some like to say "truly elite." These girls get called into every YNT camp.

I gave that Arsenal team to much credit they were 2013 and 2014 National Cup Runner-ups, NOT Champions!
http://www.calsouth.com/en/nationalcup-2010-present/

But, I'm sure you get the point Glenny!

I gave that Arsenal team to much credit they were 2013 and 2014 National Cup Runner-ups, NOT Champions!
http://www.calsouth.com/en/nationalcup-2010-present/

But, I'm sure you get the point Glenny!

As I first said, you are mistaken on multiple levels. That was just the first.

Which girls bolted to the Bakers after Arsenal won State Cup? That sounds like another whopper. Making it up as you go?

You also seem to be ignorant of the fact that the age groups changed last year. None of the teams are the same.

As I first said, you are mistaken on multiple levels. That was just the first.

Which girls bolted to the Bakers after Arsenal won State Cup? That sounds like another whopper. Making it up as you go?

You also seem to be ignorant of the fact that the age groups changed last year. None of the teams are the same.

Nah, I'm to lazy to look it up that's all. No shit Sherlock the teams are different, but the Blues had 1st place teams and are still doing well in ECNL with the age change. So no excuses!

Don't you find it ironic, Arsenal has a few YNT players, yet US Soccer still said NO, you don't get Girls DA. It's because, their ECNL teams suck! #LMAO

Ar

Arsenal has girls at 04 that are consistently recognized. It will be interesting to see if they stay! If they don't LEGENDS is looking really strong based on all the adds they got who aren't driving to OC anymore. It's a completely different look!

Back